Requirements and Costs

I love the price tag icon as it actually tells me how much I will spend, but I really miss the post information dump that let you know how much you had left. I hope that they bring that component back in addition to the tag that they replaced it with.

I also miss the (you have X) mouse-over info.
And the information afterwards.

Do we need to send more email of this feedback, or has the chorus here been sufficient?

[quote=ShalinothDo we need to send more email of this feedback, or has the chorus here been sufficient?[/quote]

It’s the weekend. Let’s see what Monday brings, in terms of feedback to our feedback.

I can confirm that when Someone is Coming drops to zero, you don’t get a message.

Speaking of robbing the drunken rat, can anyone confirm that the rare success chance to get a Ratwork Watch still exists? I’ve done this at least daily for several months. Plenty of Surface Currency. No Ratwork Watch.

I can confirm that when Someone is Coming drops to zero, you don’t get a message.

Speaking of robbing the drunken rat, can anyone confirm that the rare success chance to get a Ratwork Watch still exists? I’ve done this at least daily for several months. Plenty of Surface Currency. No Ratwork Watch.[/quote]

My youngest alt got a Ratwork Watch about 3 weeks ago.

Now that I’m back into running expeditions I’m really starting to miss the availability of that information. I try to keep at least 50k Whispered Secrets at all times, and having to go to my inventory periodically to make sure I haven’t lost track is starting to wear on me.

A bit off-topic but have recent changes included making the Overgoat cost 2x Sudden Insights instead of just 1, for a second chance?

I got a strange message on the re-try that I didn’t have enough actions (re-tries shouldn’t COST any actions, they’re already spent on the 1st try if you ticked the second chances tick-box?) But it tried to charge me twice and couldn’t, so it took me to the Oops something went wrong error-screen…

So now I’ve been taken back to the card page for the Overgoat again as if the card wasn’t used yet. With the option to spend second chances again… Grrr.
edited by Shalinoth on 11/17/2015

That’s related to this change that happened today.

[quote=Shalinoth]A bit off-topic but have recent changes included making the Overgoat cost 2x Sudden Insights instead of just 1, for a second chance?

I got a strange message on the re-try that I didn’t have enough actions (re-tries shouldn’t COST any actions, they’re already spent on the 1st try if you ticked the second chances tick-box?) But it tried to charge me twice and couldn’t, so it took me to the Oops something went wrong error-screen…

So now I’ve been taken back to the card page for the Overgoat again as if the card wasn’t used yet. With the option to spend second chances again… Grrr.
edited by Shalinoth on 11/17/2015[/quote]

This has ALL been quite confusing for me, as a new player. I have been playing for 2 weeks now, and it seems like change is the norm thus far. But it HAS led me to waste a LOT of resources that are scarce for me right now…

I am going to make TONS of mistakes on my own, but the shifting landscape has exacerbated my pain.

Anyone know if Investigating… can be spent in places where it doesn’t Reset to 0? I somehow have 18 in it, and all the things I can find to use it on only Cost 5 and Reset it upon use. Seems wasteful!

I don’t believe so…all the Investigating cash ins I recall reset it completely. Casing definitely has a way to spend it, and I think Fascinating also has an option, but not Seeking or Investigating.

For what it’s worth I gotta add my voice to the choir. Not being able to see at a glance how many items I have in total along with the cost makes playing the game rather too cumbersome to be fun :/

[quote=dov]Thanks Lady Ciel and RandomWalker for confirming the rare success is still a thing.

I’m fine with a streak of bad luck (I’ve also had streaks of good luck). It’s just that with the change to how these options now present the success (i.e. without indicating the lost items) I was concerned it might have affected rare successes somehow.[/quote]
Thankfully not. I managed to find the diamond after what must have been at least thirty attempts. Then I went for a couple of expeditions to the Forgotten Quarter and found two magnificent diamonds in my second expedition, for which I have no current use (though I’ll be saving them for later on, of course; I’ve already purchased enough Small Cave Fish for the lenses of a Zubmarine, should I later decide to build one). It puts all the grinding into perspective, doesn’t it, the effect of luck. I had understood the chances to be much better in the Bazaar Side-streets than in the Forgotten Quarter, and I was proved spectacularly wrong. At least I gathered enough money from the flawed diamonds to hire all the labour I needed to relocate that Basalt Gymnasium, so it wasn’t all for nothing (which is not to say that the benefit of the home comforts I have so far acquired is not somewhat underwhelming, considering the expense and trouble they caused me).

[quote=dov]Absolutely - this missing info is a real problem. I’ve just converted a bunch of secrets into diamonds at the Bazaar Side-Streets and the interface wouldn’t tell me how many Cryptic Clues I still had, and didn’t give a message that they were spent either!

I’ll send a bug report.[/quote]

Have you had any response to your report, dov?

No. No reply.

Maybe they’re waiting to see if we get used to it? I’m personally not used to it. The change could be great, but without the tooltip telling you how much you have in total it’s just frustrating.

Yeah, seeing all the complaints here, I thought I’d just wait a day or two for them to fix it (edit: meaning, it not telling you how many of a thing you have), but, uh…it’s still broken. (Whether or not it was an intentional change.) It’s been several days. I’ve been grinding for most of those several days, so I haven’t really needed to know, but like, on the occasion I have, it’s been nearly intolerable. Exceptionally grating and obnoxious.
edited by Erhannis on 11/21/2015

re: Missing &quotyou have ??? of [item]&quot information before and after an action.

I never noticed this change as I had no reason to visit these three places during last week. Now that I have noticed, I can only say: if the way it’s currently working is the way it was intended, then it is a horribly bad change!!

As it is, I don’t believe you’ve intendend it this way, and are working towards fixing it. There, I trust you! Don’t make me regret that. ;)
edited by phryne on 11/21/2015

Just noticed a place where it needs to be reimplemented: if you fail a check while on an expedition it doesn’t note that you’ve lost the supplies.

Change is best affected via bug report and feedback emails, to which FBG normally responds within a day or two.

It’s been over a week and there’s only been silence. I think we can assume at this point this change is probably intentional and that asking for it to change in a forums thread isn’t going to do any good if that’s the case.