Refugee Crisis: A Charitably Mysterious Bundle

Most are 0.5 or 2.5 echoes, but the highest I’ve seen is 62.5

Well, the Element of the Dawn and the Vital Intelligence are definitely the rare drops (although, of course, there may be even rarer ones that we haven’t seen reported yet). I’ve got multiples of every other drop, but no sign of those two.

Ooh, no sooner said than wrong. Got an Element of Dawn. And then, a few points later, a Mountain Sherd (nice text on that one, too).

Fantastic idea! So far I have a Deep Zee Catch. I’ll be back for more later.

Edit: Also an Outlandish Artefact. What a great way to help.
edited by Myrto on 9/9/2015

Oh, very nice! I’m glad to have something like this to squirrel away my leftover Fate on.

This is a lovely, generous, and clever idea. As soon as I have some actions I will be partaking. Well done.

5 Ambiguous Eoliths out of 10 attempts! RNG, what did I ever do to you . . .

I just got #5. It’s Vital Intelligence.

So between my own and NiteBrite’s records I believe these are the options with frequencies:

[ul][li]Something obscured -> Mountain-sherd (1%)[/li]

[li]Something eery -> Judgements’ Egg (1%)[/li]

[li]Something turning -> Element of Dawn (1%)[/li]

[li]Something stern -> Vital Intelligence (2%)[/li]

[li]Something round -> Carved Ball of Stygian Ivory (10%)[/li]

[li]Something glowing -> Knob of Scintillack (10%)[/li]

[li]Something rattling -> Outlandish Artefact (5%)[/li]

[li]Something ticking -> Outlandish Artefact (5%) (Combined Outlandish Artefact chance at 10%)[/li]

[li]Something sloshing -> Live Specimen (10%)[/li]

[li]Something weighty -> Tin of Zzoup (10%)[/li]

[li]Something floppy -> Deep-zee Catch (10%)[/li]

[li]Something scandalous -> Moves in the Great Game (10%)[/li]

[li]Something angled -> Ambiguous Eolith (10%)[/li]

[li]Something squishy -> Solacefruit (10%)[/li]

[li]Something insubstantial -> Royal-Blue Feather (5%)[/li]
[/ul]

Of the rare items I got 2 Mountain-sherds and a Vital Intelligence but no Egg or Element of Dawn :((

For a full record I missing three pieces of information: the text of the &quotSomething eery&quot action (not the success text but the little snippet in the action box) and both the title and the text of the Element of Dawn action. If someone knows I would be really grateful for the info (via PM if necessary).

ETA: A kind soul has provided me with the details of the Element of dawn action (&quotSomething turning&quot). So I all I am missing now is the action text for &quotSomething eery&quot.
edited by genesis on 9/9/2015

I just sent you the Something eery text branch text in a PM, genesis. Consider it thanks for confirming #5 for me.
edited by NiteBrite on 9/9/2015

Air:
72: Move in the Great Game
65: Deep-Zee Catch
42: Live Specimen
17: Knob of Scintillack
92: Solacefruit
88: Solacefruit
74: Moves in the Great Game
53: Tin of Zzoup

Well, I took the amount I would have donated anyway, and managed to get everything but a Vital Intelligence. My completist side is now warring with my budget-making side–especially since it’s just one!–but I believe I shall desist.

Really great idea, FBG, and I hope it goes smashingly.

I had bought some 10 bucks’ worth of fate tu unlock some stories I wanted to check out, got 4 of these instead. My loot

1 can of zzoup
2 outlandish artifacts
1 Element of Dawn (!!!)

That last one almost made up for losing all my Connected: Hell in a failed Embassy heist.

Chipped in and got a tin of zzoup for it. Yummy.

So, can we treat these items as a sorta-teaser for future content? I understand that there will soon be ways to use and acquire more of them…

What a lovely thing - thank you for matching us and for the delightful words… I can now buy and blow through fate AND make a donation at the same time. Things like this, Failbetter, this fundraising and caring are part of the reason I consistently spend fate, have exceptional friendship, etc.
Plus the words are wonderful - on that subject I loved the text for the item description of theOutlandish Artefact. Very nicely biting.
And the Element of Dawn was similarly gorgeous.

I opened 12 packages and got the following:
Solacefruit
Outlandish artefact (3)
Scintillack (3)
Live specimen (3)
Element of dawn
Vital Intelligence

When I have more money to donate I will… How long do we have for this? Something like a month?

I have to say, I really like the text for the Scintilack (something glowing). Now if only I could decide what to make with it, cufflinks or maybe a set of earrings, haha.
edited by NiteBrite on 9/12/2015

Such a nice thing to do, I made sure to buy some fate right away, it is very nice to help out and get some neat treasure as a bonus.

So far I have got.

1 Ambiguous Eolith.
1 Moves in the Great Game.
2 Solacefruit.
edited by Dante Kinkade on 9/12/2015

I really need to stop buying these things. It’s clear enough that I’m not going to get the remaining top tier items that I want without spending far more money than I planned, and I really can’t envisage a situation where I’d need more than 13 moves in the great game, or 14 live specimens. I think I’ll wait until the shiny objects can be ground out as nature intended.

I got an Outlandish Artefact, and the text is hilarious! Bravo!

Is it against forum rules to post the text here for the enjoyment of all?

Edit: Ah. And, done =)

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Etheridge
edited by Juno on 9/16/2015

You’re definitely free to post journal links and to place items on your mantelpiece for everyone to see.

I started out being able to echo result cases, but then couldn’t–it was just redirecting to the Fate page, IIRC–I figured it was a change to encourage purchases and quietly deleted my prior echoes.