Railway is here!

I wish I could help, but the board meeting delay wasn’t implemented using living stories like every other story that makes you wait since forever but uses TtH instead. And mine was at the worst possible time, a couple hours before the railway was released, so I’m basically a week behind. It’s hard not spoiling myself by checking the wiki all day…

It’s probably done that way so when you eventually only use the meetings to pay dividend it syncs up nicely with professional payments etc. but I’m still mildly annoyed at it for now :)

For the next set of tracks, is building through the pitiless big? I want to support labor not oppose them. I still have a week til then at least.
edited by Winthropx on 7/6/2020

Tracks Laid of 3 is still required, as shown here. But we might get different track-laying options than before.

Also, fickle Neath soil. The Bazaar can stabilize the earth around it, but further away, it is more treacherous - at least according to what I have read from what I remembered earlier and from Sunless Sea. People who have played the Exceptional Story about the train to hell may know more.

I will also mention that you should check the list of possible Board agendas carefully. Once the meeting begins, you can’t back out of it.

I messed up with one of my characters. She is now one week behind everyone else.

When you build the first station, it sounds like extra precautions are made to fix it in location.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/PSGarak/19009395

To say nothing of the watchtower. You’d think being shy of crowds is disqualifying for that occupation.

The next stretch of tracks should be available for some players soon. Please do tell us what you saw!

Also, Comprehensive Bribes - are they still needed for that next stretch?

Starting to lay the next stretch.

[spoiler]
It takes 10 Biscuits instead of Bribes.

There is a lock condition named “Dicovered: A Patch of Frozen Neath.” Guess that’s the fun thing for today.

The Dividend payout is 22.5 echoes of moon-pearls. The game text indicates this will increase with more stations and more luxurious train cars. I have not luxuriated my traincars yet.[/spoiler]

I discovered a Preserved False-Snake. I’ll be spending the rest of the afternoon in the lab.

This research project has multiple stages. The second stage, if you choose, seems to give you something similar to the Comprehensive Bird Book, which probably lets you build frog skeletons. The project has a Herpatological Focus, which lets you study various pets to earn Amphibian Research.

Still 10 Railway steel per portion?

Still need 10 steel. Don’t need gunpowder, unless you’re supporting the Liberationists. I’m updating the Wiki, there’s a lot of disparate stuff to add.

Is the only option to build through the bog?

Jenny votes with you immediately if you add guards to the train.

The &quot…keep your workforce well fed&quot track laying option got a lot more expensive. Now costs a Cellar of Wine, five Solacefruits, ten Crates of Incorruptible Biscuits, and five Rubbery Pies. (Building through open city only cost the Rubbery Pies.)

Hell. I knew I’d be punished for digging up all those bones.

It sounds like the costs are a lot different for building to Jericho, but I’m glad that I don’t have to grind out any more d___ed Bribes. I might throw some bones to the Liberationists this time so I have an easier time manipulating the Darkness of the stations.

Hell. I knew I’d be punished for digging up all those bones.[/quote]

Go to Ealing. In Offices there’s an option to grind displeasure down, with biscuits and sausages.

[quote=Aro Saren]Go to Ealing. In Offices there’s an option to grind displeasure down, with biscuits and sausages.[/quote]I’m aware of it. However, I can’t get my hands on any sausages before the Fruits of the Zee roll around again. Between the mutersalt, scrimshander knife and scintillack snuff, it seems they’re really pushing to introduce new uses for the Wrecker’s Cove items, along with a lot of other old and mostly forgotten stuff.

Oh, Mutersalt, right. Forgot it’s needed too.

Hey, can you vote on the benches, gaurd car, and the next track laying one after the other? Or do I have to wait a week for that?

You can vote on multiple things in a row, as long as you have all the requirements and do not leave the boardroom, Delay kicks in only after that.

Started to upgrade both luxuries and defences, but forgot to note anything before it or make screenshots during first few rounds.
Well, I guess you’ll do it and add to the wiki anyway.
I only remember that first luxury upgrade hasn’t raised my debt, because it was 2+ (from Pitiless Bog survey).

Turns out you can grind down most complications: debt is erased with Pies or Jasmine and UR Rumors, union is placated with sausages (though, mutersalt is required), and some cards allow to gradually get rid of bandits.