Railway is here!

The two skeletons I recently sold for Bessemer Steel were: Thorned Ribcage, Sabre-Toothed Skull, two Ivory Humeri, and two Thighs of St. Fiacre. 320 steel for each one. I don’t have access to the betrayer yet, so no mammoth ribs for me. Personally, I’m looking forward to the warbler skeletons. Access to the butcher and a steady supply of hyenas with warbler skeletons should provide a good amount of steel.

Hmm, I want to stay at Zero Forgery, so I don’t think that the St Fiacre route would work for me…

As for the Ivory Humerus, what’s your method for repeatedly getting Parabolan Orange-apples? I burned all my Aeolian Screams getting Toxicology to 7, so not sure what approach to take there…
edited by Televangelist on 7/1/2020

More skeletons. It’s skeletons all the way down.

The Hoarding Paleontologist pays out Bone Fragments. An Ivory Humerus increases the pay-out by 3,000 fragments, and costs only 1,100 fragments to acquire. Even with the action overhead of sowing, reaping, and haggling, Ivory Humeri have a nice pay-out.

Any sense of how many actions per ingot we’re ultimately talking with that method?

Hmm, I want to stay at Zero Forgery, so I don’t think that the St Fiacre route would work for me…

As for the Ivory Humerus, what’s your method for repeatedly getting Parabolan Orange-apples? I burned all my Aeolian Screams getting Toxicology to 7, so not sure what approach to take there…
edited by Televangelist on 7/1/2020[/quote]

I got bone fragments from a prior skeleton that I meant to sell to the enthusiast of the ancient world, but I mixed up a part and it ended up with 0 antiquity. So I sold it for bone fragments and used those for POAs.
edited by Kaunisenkeli on 7/1/2020

[quote=Televangelist]Any sense of how many actions per ingot we’re ultimately talking with that method?[/quote] I’ve come up with a self-sufficient loop where one can sell Ape Skeletons (Thorned Ribcage, Sabre-Toothed Skull, 4 Ivory Humeri) and make between 2.46-4.71 Ingots per action along with some spare Scrip, Bone Fragments, Rubbery Pies, Fossils, and Artefacts. The bounds are extreme (bottom 1% and perfect 100% luck), but I think 3.7 ingots per action is reasonable. It’s likely not the most efficient (55% of the Skeletons go to Mrs Plenty and the Paleontologist to feed the next loop), but the only external requirement once it gets going is Scandal Loss.

You will need to make area-transitions though, since you need Parabolan Orange-Apples to exchange for the Ivory Humeri.
Also, a lot of Toxicology rolls and under 100% Persuasive.

So, so many RNG rolls.
edited by Rostygold on 7/3/2020

Has anyone done Ealing station yet? There should be someone that has two Time the Healer visits since last Thursday.
edited by Rostygold on 7/3/2020

Check back with me later today!

[quote=Rostygold]You will need to make area-transitions though, since you need Parabolan Orange-Apples to exchange for the Ivory Humeri.
Also, a lot of Toxicology rolls and under 100% Persuasive.

So, so many RNG rolls.[/quote] The RNG pushed me to make a &quotworst result&quot baseline in the hopes that the result was at least passable (It seems better than selling Jurassic Thigh Bones, at least). Of course someone could fail the 80% Bohemian Sculptress check indefinitely, but 99% of the time it will work within the first three attempts, so that’s what I used. I also afforded about 4% of the actions to leaving/re-entering to double Cards and access Scandal-Loss options. I don’t like how much luck is in this, but the alternatives seem to be Opportunity-Card fishing or whiling away a few days in Flute Street for less valuable parts.

[quote=Rostygold]Has anyone done Ealing station yet? There should be someone that has two Time the Healer visits since last Thursday.
edited by Rostygold on 7/3/2020[/quote]

I have the steel for it but I’m in a rather unfortunate timezone where by the time Time the Healer arrives, it’ll probably be bedtime for me. I’ll stick around in case it comes early but someone else will probably get it first.

Oh yeah, I am probably overestimating my clout here in the forums (yes, I am aware that I have had a lot of thumb’s-downs), but can we discuss about the butchery venture at Ealing in another thread, when you come across it? I have made a thread for that.

Also, please kindly post anything about skeleton-building in the Bone Market thread. Besides, there have been hella updates for the Bone Market, don’tcha know?

Good heavens but there’s a lot of new content at Ealing. There are a number of development opportunities, some mutually exclusive, and all requiring scrip. You might want your thread to cover more than just butchery.

Also, it offers both the chance to improve one’s maximum Dangerous, and a bear in an ill-fitting hat.
edited by Diptych on 7/3/2020

Fun little factoid: You can build a statue to multiple different parties in Ealing. If you’re a Poet Laurate, you can build one to yourself. And if you have gotten a statue via the Jack questline, then building said Poet-Laureate Statue will actually say something along the lines of “This isn’t your first statue”, and then boost the appropriate quality.

Just built my station at Ealing. And I concur with everyone. So, so much new content!

Do you lose the machine when you approve the plans?

You do not.

Agree with the rest of you gentlepeople - the amount of content at Ealing is staggering.

I’ve been taking screenshots and echoing everything I do, but I have neither the skill nor the time to update the wiki (had a look at it and it’s way beyond my capacity).

Is there a way I could help the wiki without violating FBG policy, with said screenshots perhaps?

You can build Virginia’s spa!!! And reduce the liberation of the night!
edited by Winthropx on 7/3/2020

Apparently I’m the first wiki editor to arrive at Ealing Gardens! How exciting…

[quote=Aardvark]
I’ve been taking screenshots and echoing everything I do, but I have neither the skill nor the time to update the wiki (had a look at it and it’s way beyond my capacity).

Is there a way I could help the wiki without violating FBG policy, with said screenshots perhaps?[/quote]

You and anyone else should feel free to PM me screenshots. I’d be happy to add them to the wiki. Just make sure to record the unlock values, since that’s not obvious from a picture!

Slowly adding things… so much to add…