Railway is here!

[quote=Aardvark]It would be nice if you could build your own statue again, but we’re running out of high-tier qualities. I suppose Paramount Presence could also be worthy of a statue?[/quote]There’s also that new beastie hunting one, defender of whatever it is at menace eradication. That seems like a likely candidate.

It’s called &quotDefender of the Public Safety&quot.

I’m still at Ealing Gardens, so I can’t speculate here what’s next.

Yeah, I’m betting you can build a statue to yourself for the whole “Defender of Public Safety” thing.
Speaking of the 21-stat things, does anyone have any ideas about what the shadowy one will be? I think it will probably be released with the evenlode, alongside the shadowy 212 update.

[quote=Jules Asimov]Yeah, I’m betting you can build a statue to yourself for the whole &quotDefender of Public Safety&quot thing.
Speaking of the 21-stat things, does anyone have any ideas about what the shadowy one will be? I think it will probably be released with the evenlode, alongside the shadowy 212 update.[/quote]

Wow, it never occured to me the 21-stat things were related! I guess that means I’ll have to take a break from Lab, Railway and Palaeontology and go hunt a lot of Bears and Sharks somewhere down the line. Completely forgot about the Public Safety thing…

Considering the shark remains and a number of other food-themed (and zee-themed) items have been lacking reasonable use, perhaps we’ll be able to establish a canteen for the nice fellows at Evenlode? It could provide a nice tie-in with the Butcher’s at Ealing, and likely provide opportunities for various degrees of shade on the whole Law-Crime axis.

By the way, just so anyone is wondering, no, there is no special card about fighting crime that appears at the Hinterlands (or London for that matter) if one has the Ratwork Velocipede.

That would have been very Batman, if there was such a card.

I expect we’ll be able to study a particularly exemplary fish in the near future, and be able to start constructing sea creature skeletons. And if we were to erect statues of HAL, Furnace and the Widow, then Society, Docks and Criminals favours would work - assuming Furnace’s unionising activities has inspired the dockworkers. Or perhaps the Wandering Gondolier would make more sense for Docks? Eh, I dunno.

I’m really wondering about the draw for building aquatic skeletons, since apart from leviathan frames, the water critter bits we’ve gotten access to are kinda trash in terms of value added.

Everyone who bcked Gabrandt now has an easier time getting Orange Apples.

You need the Augmented Electrostatic Machine, Hedonism 6 and 100 Bone Fragments, but doing this makes 2 Orange Apples as opposed to just one from using Screams or Bone Fragments.
edited by Deathjack999 on 8/11/2020

[quote=Deathjack999]Everyone who bcked Gabrandt now has an easier time getting Orange Apples.

You need the Augmented Electrostatic Machine, Hedonism 6 and 100 Bone Fragments, but doing this makes 2 Orange Apples as opposed to just one from using Screams or Bone Fragments.
edited by Deathjack999 on 8/11/2020[/quote]

Yeah, I was already thinking about this. It looks tempting but on the other hand, I like to keep hedonist 15 on my char roleplay wise. Even if there is nothing where I profit from a capped value.

Besides that, keep in mind that this option also costs -21 cp hedonist. I’m not sure how fast you can build hedonist up, but this should somewhat balance the new option.

[quote=Judaspriester][quote=Deathjack999]Everyone who backed Gebrandt now has an easier time getting Orange Apples.

Yeah, I was already thinking about this. It looks tempting but on the other hand, I like to keep hedonist 15 on my char roleplay wise. Even if there is nothing where I profit from a capped value.

Besides that, keep in mind that this option also costs -21 cp hedonist. I’m not sure how fast you can build hedonist up, but this should somewhat balance the new option.[/quote]

For me, this is more like a (very) nice bonus source of POAs that I make use of occasionally. It is almost exactly as efficient as using Bone Fragments.

Basically, you need 7 actions at +3 Hedonist, plus 2 actions for the two apples (disregarding the 100 Bone Fragments). If you do a reasonably well-optimised grinding of Bone Fragments at the Bone Market, for the 2200 Fragments you need slightly over 4 actions (i.e. 5) + 4 actions to turn in - 9 in total. Quite well balanced, actually.

And for the record, I highly recommend always maintaining Hedonist at 4 so that you may make use of the &quotSecure an invitation to a scandalous party&quot on The Tower of Eyes card.

During Feast of the Rose, however, this might actually get rather profitable, if the Perfumed Garden is not changed substantially.

Maybe a new buyer will be introduced that cares for the number of Tentacles and Fins, similar to the Enterprising Boot Salesman? Otherwise the sales might indeed be less-than-profitable.

It would be nice to have some use for Moonlight Scales, though, seeing as they’re categorized with Osteology.
edited by Aardvark on 8/11/2020

[quote=Deathjack999]Everyone who bcked Gabrandt now has an easier time getting Orange Apples.

Huh. Anything for those who backed the Viscountess? Don’t think I noticed anything new in Parabola

Viscountess supporters have an option for treating the Commissioner’s nightmares.

Can anyone echo different outcomes from Sere Palace?

Do you mean that basic visit in complany of Gondolier or there is something else here?
Here is my echo for non-board one (fly away, my little butterfly) - Fallen London

Basic, yes.

For the next station, I wonder if we’d be able to build a statue to the Last Constable or to the Cheery Man depending on who we favored. Maybe we can add prisoner carrying cars too.

Well, I think that a Mail Wagon would actually make more sense, considering the increasing remoteness of the areas. It would also be quite flavorful.

A statue of people who are not members of the Board would be a first, but if we’re to build a statue in every station, it’s bound to happen sooner or later…

With old management I’d bet there would be a special option if you build every statue of yourself. Now, I think they’ll just **** up something else.

Hey, does anyone have a link to the text that talks about the potential future stations? You know, the one with the commissar more or less winking to camera and saying ‘We haven’t decided if we’re gonna do these or not!’?
edited by Jules Asimov on 8/13/2020

This one?