Quirks, caps, and limitations

Nor do I, but if a minor storylet as &quotArea Dive: Into the river with it&quot can break the 10 cap Austere barrier, it’s worth a try.
Will report further on.

I know that breaking Closest To does not go above 10, so I would be very surprised if attaining it does.

Does anyone know of repeatable Subtle-above-10 methods?

The only repeatable one I know of also involves letting a Noman die, but ignoring its death and going elsewhere. Besides that, just one-time trackers and such. Selling the location of the Nadir to the Great Game. Etc.

And now you know why I’ve been killing lots of Nomen this year!

I’ll keep it in mind for next year, then. I have other… qwork… to do.

Right, checked the “Desecrate the hidden Shrine to St. Joshua” and Forceful does not go over 10.
And “Thwart a Revolutionary operation from the inside” does not raise Daring above 10.
Could someone update the Wiki, please? I have not the permission or knowledge to do so.

Still looking for that action to raise Subtle, Ruthless, Daring above 10 (which is not a one-timer or a Noman).

Try looking into glim robberies for Daring…

Can’t believe I missed that! And it works.
That is fantastic, thank you!
I guess executing a burglary at the Glim assayer’s office is truly a butt-clencher adventure.

Updated, and testing now.

Robbing a Glim Assayer is now capped at 5 daring. :(
edited by suinicide on 3/15/2016

Yeah, we’d thought that might be a bug/oversight and I think someone reported it a while back; apologies for mentioning it publicly.

Oh, WOW!
Well… Perhaps when switching to Renown on connections it will be easier to raise quirks.
My guess is Tomb-Colonists for raising daring, and that IS the next switch.

Fixed and updated.

I’ll be able to see what the docks give when you are highly renoun soonish…

Raises Subtle, lowers Forceful (as Sara Hysaro contributed)
Which is the first non-Fate, non-one-timer that we know of which raises subtle above 10.
edited by Gonen on 3/15/2016

And we’ve got a steadfast increase from the toumb colonists.
I can’t tell you what decreases, but it wasn’t a decrease in headonist, austier, daring, magnamious, steadfast, subtle or melencoly.

Someone said it raises steadfast and forceful. Noticed anything on that?
(Also, we already got a polisher for steadfast via criminals… Awww…)
edited by Gonen on 3/27/2016

I don’t see the pattern you see.
But I am hoping to be able to do a merry go round that ends with hedonist and austire back at 0, and then use the iron republic to bring them back, but end up with more at 15 then I had before.

I’m at 5, and will be lifting subtle as rapidly as I can.

Keep in mind that the Iron Republic can only raise Hedonist to 10!

Hmmm. Of the quirks that I/my character care about, I have three at 15: Magnanimous, Hedonist, and Steadfast. The other two that fit are Daring and Subtle, which are at 10 and 9 - do I read this thread correctly to understand that the Docks may increase Subtle but nothing is available for Daring?

Oops, no: the Tankard increases Forceful and _de_creases Subtle. Foo.

[quote=Ewan C.]
Oops, no: the Tankard increases Forceful and _de_creases Subtle. Foo.[/quote]

Only the quirk-polisher part does that.
The “trade in favours for renown and quirk” does the opposite: +subtle, -forceful.