Questions about random questlines

[quote=Grenem][quote=Gonen][quote=wraith]

that’s reset the carousel though so do it before starting it (it resets fighting a war of assassins, i don’t think it resets dramatic tension)[/quote]

Well, I may be mistaken here. Not the first time.
I remember choosing the prize AFTER building my dramatic tension to level 2. Was changing my mind about the prize. I Was doing the Wilmot’s and claimed the prize of the assassins (same actions, different location).
Does it resets the progress bar? Perhaps it doesn’t reset the dramatic tension, as you stated.
Well, until I try it again, disregard my remark.
edited by Gonen on 1/24/2016[/quote]
Claiming the prize from an extant option doesn’t reset non-Dramatic-Tension progress, IIRC, but swapping the payouts does.

You can also claim the prize from wilmot’s end, and that doesn’t reset the war of assassins progression, nor vice versa, but changing what the assassin’s payout is does reset fighting a war of assassins, though not Dramatic Tension.

[/quote]

Ah. That was the case, then. I always use the wilmot’s and cash it out with the assassins’ prize. So switching that prize did not hinder my progress at wilmot’s.

OP updated. I find myself with a fair bit of Blackmail material, and after perusing the uses on the wiki, i find the only thing to use them for that i haven’t already done, or won’t ever do, is part of a certain opportunity card to gain Connected with the masters. should i save them for that?

That depends on how badly you want to remove that card from your deck (as opposed to just getting cash); at Connected: Masters 11 it will stop showing up, and the “special books” option is significantly more efficient than handing over 10,000 Proscribed Material.

On the other hand, they are 12.5 Echoes each.