Protégés Seeking Patrons (Only protégés need post)

EDIT: I have received an offer from a kindly patroness :)

Good day! I would be very happy to benefit from the charming company and invaluable value of any willing Patron.

W 40
S 31
D 42
P 41

Riddle which may be quite familiar to the reader, but rather stumped me when I first came across it:
The more of them you take, the more you leave behind.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jenny~Yang
edited by Jenny Yang on 5/26/2014

Good afternoon, dear Londoners!

I am currently seeking an Invisible Eminence kind enough to teach me a thing or two, as I happen to be very inexperienced in the ways of the shadowy. (W 98 S 76 D 95 P 96). I hail from the charming lands of Bohemia; the murder of my beloved brother brought me to the Neath, and I shall not rest until his death is avenged. As for my personal hobbies, I enjoy quiet walks with my salt ferret in the Jekyll Gardens and marvelling at the exotic beasts in the Labyrinth of Tigers.

What do you call two crows on a branch?

Jolly good day, my fellow Londoners. I’m here to ask if any of our more experienced members might be able to lend a helping hand to a newcomer like myself in finding their fortunes in London.

Watchful: 27
Shadowy: 32
Dangerous: 24
Persuasive: 42

I suppose I should follow in the footsteps of the last two replies, so… I’m half of the strongest force, yet I can do no work. What am I?
edited by Taraq on 6/4/2014

Hello everyone! I’m a fresh something in this world and i could really use some help with my persuasion skills.
Watchful: 23
Shadowy: 10
Dangerous: 9
Persuasive: 42
These are my stats, much like in real world, i like to babble a lot, but, unfortunately, i’m no good with riddles, be it guessing or making one.

Greetings, all! I have progressed as best I could without assistance, but it would be foolish of me to refuse anyone willing to associate with me, eh?
Watchful: 47
Shadowy: 33
Dangerous: 40
Persuasive: 74

Help with my highest (Persuasive) or lowest (Shadowy) quality would be appreciated.

Whispers have told me this is the place to come, if I a special person is what I seek. Someone of Legendary Charisma is what I’m after, someone willing to reveal their secrets to me.
To show I’m worthy, here are my recommendations:
-Watchful: 30
-Shadowy: 17
-Dangerous: 22
-Persuasive: 58
Find me at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Carolina~Miki

Take me under your wing and I promise I’ll make you proud.
edited by CarolinaMiki on 6/7/2014

Hello and good eve to all. I’m currently seeking an extraordinary mind to be my patron. If anyone out there would like to tutor me in the ways of the 'Neath I would very much appreciate it.
W-41
S-26
D-22
P-39

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Elizabeth~Hawklight
edited by Elizabeth Hawklight on 6/9/2014
edited by Elizabeth Hawklight on 6/11/2014

Hello everyone,
My curiosity has led me to this dark corner. I seek a Watchful patron to lead me further into this mess.

Right now, I am this:
Watchful: 44
Shadowy: 24
Dangerous: 23
Persuasive: 29

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/surfmadpig

Young, moldable protege seeks the kindness of a patron, preferably an Extraordinary Mind but a Legendary Charisma would also be most excellent. You will have my gratitude and admiration.

Currently:
Watchful 22
Shadowy 14
Dangerous 18
Persuasive 14

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Momentary

Good afternoon everyone. Nice to meet you.

I am looking for any patron, not too picky. Might as well give it a whirl. My username here matches my name on the site. If it matters, my profession is trickster.

My stats are as follows:
Watchful: 69
Shadowy: 65
Dangerous: 67
Persuasive: 73

and finally : What is it that you will break even when you name it?
EDIT: Found a patron so I’ll post the answer to my riddle.
Spoiler
Silence
/Spoiler.
edited by Doomedjellyfish on 6/9/2014

edited by Doomedjellyfish on 6/10/2014

Evening. I am looking for a patron, specifically one who has dabbled with the Dangerous arts, as that is the quality on which I need the most assistance. My profession thus far is of an Enquirer, though that is nothing impressive. I furthermore am following no ambition, as I want to be ready to go full force once I begin, and before that happens I must build up my skill in combat and dealing in dangerous abilities. I prefer to take the magnanimous route, yet sometimes I dabble in crime for curiosity’s sake, and occasionally I am forced to be ruthless. I am close with the bohemians and clerics, even though I am not particularly scandalous or religious, I find them to be honest people who I enjoy working with. Mostly, I want to treat the people of Fallen London well, but even more than that, I want to discover its innermost secrets.

Currently:
Watchful: 43
Shadowy: 16
Dangerous: 10
Persuasive: 21

Thank you, most sincerely.
edited by WiseKnowMonsters on 6/11/2014
edited by WiseKnowMonsters on 6/12/2014

Whoever you are, TAKE ME IN.

I tire of chasing the winds on nought but my own ragged soles.
The grievous nightmares by association are intolerable.

Keep me as a pet, keep me as a whipping boy, keep me as a bauble… However you wish it, more or less.

Username: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/squidbreath

My base stats are as follows:
WATCHFUL 39
SHADOWY 39
DANGEROUS 72
PERSUASIVE 45

Aliester, both in account and character. Base stats are as follows:

W; 53
S: 59
D: 88
P: 70

I am working on the ascent to PoSI status and pursuing the Heart’s Desire ambition, though I’ve gotten sidetracked from the latter during my time in London. The rumors of the Correspondence intrigue me, and between seeking that knowledge, striving for a position of importance and pursuing the game that could earn me my greatest wish, I’m searching for a Watchful patron to guide my path to perfect glory.

I offer this riddle to prove my desire for knowledge:

An empty space in soft in hard,
Feared by man for consuming all.
Receptacle for that which came before,
Flesh and secrets alike within me.
What am I?

EDIT: A Watchful patron has taken me under their wing, to my great delight. I won’t turn away other potential patrons, however, in case any masters of war, charm or the shadows are looking for a student.
edited by Aliester on 6/13/2014

My primary (more like primitive) stats are the following:

Watchful:44
Shadowy:12
Dangerous:17
Persuasive:14

I am trying to raise my Dangerous up to 50, to be able to take part in the game of knife-and-candle. (Or as i like to call it: Candlesticks & Cutlery)
As for the riddle (with mostly unnecessary capitalization):

&quotI am like the SICKLE;
Blade and Handle joint.
Until you look beneath the BLADE
shall you ever see MY point…&quot

Update: I have raised my watchful to 200 and can no longer accept patrons of any sort but am happy to offer patronage in that field

Watchful 165
Shadowy 28
Dangerous 51
Persuasive 125

I am mainly interested in raising my dangerous currently but would not turn down a shadowy patron. I am currently an author and would be happy to grace the salons of any who care to invite me although I will be transitioning to correspondent within the next few weeks or so if all goes as planned. Interests include the correspondence and the Marvellous.

A man drops a coin into a wine bottle and then stoppers the bottle with a cork. He then retrieves the coin without pulling out the cork or breaking the bottle. How did he do it?
edited by Samuel Blake on 6/20/2014

Dear Sirs and Madams,
I am, in my quest to become a Person of Some Importance, desirous of availing myself of a patron in the arts of the Shadows; I have been blessed with a patron of the Watchful for some time, and now find myself as follows:
Watchful: 107
Shadowy: 95
Dangerous: 101
Persuasive: 112
My character beneath the earth is Genorious, and any assistance would be most gratefully received.

Edit: I have had the good fortune to be taken under the wing of a Shadowy lady of repute, but would still be delighted to receive correspondence in other areas.

Good afternoon, denizens of London and parts north of the River.
I seek a patron capable of softening my footsteps and sharpening my eyes. As you can likely see, I am a greenhorn yet, but the more… esoteric aspects of Fallen London (especially the Tomb Colonists and the Clay Men) appeal to me.

Watchful: 20
Shadowy: 16
Dangerous: 15
Persuasive: 20

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Coriande

As my riddle contribution, I present one of the great brain-teasers of the proto-internet: Level 1
Don’t be thrown by the simple presentation. The games begin simply and become devastatingly vexatious. Much like FL itself.
edited by Coriande on 6/20/2014

Edit: I’ve been fortunate enough to be approached by both a Shadowy and a Watchful patron, so I think at this point I should probably decline any others in the interest of sharing the wealth. Thank you!

Good evening,

When I finally return from my current, ill-conceived boat trip I would be very interested in the patronage of someone skilled in Shadows, or perhaps someone well acquainted with Danger. (Honestly I wouldn’t turn anyone away, I’ve just been extraordinarily lax when it comes to Shadowy and Dangerous.)

Watchful: 45
Shadowy: 25
Dangerous: 22
Persuasive: 70

A newly minted journalist by trade, my hobbies mostly include flirting with devils, doing minor tasks for the Brass Embassy, hanging about the Palace and Veilgarden, and talking my way out of (or into) any number of scandalous social situations.

Alas, too much wine, honey and laudanum have left me ill-equipped for a contest of riddles.
edited by hellblazing on 6/19/2014
edited by hellblazing on 6/23/2014

Good afternoon,

Having only recently arrived in London and having taken rooms above a small bookshop I found myself uncertain on how to proceed. Thereafter having taken time to observe life in the 'neath and on the advice of my peers I am now seeking a patron to help me advance in the Shadowy arts.

Watchful 63
Shadowy 40
Dangerous 39
Persuasive 53

For my riddle: &quotA hill full, a hole full
You cannot fill a bowl full&quot.

Thank you for your time.

-OcherSaint

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ochersaint

Edit: I have received an offer of patronage.
edited by ochersaint on 6/20/2014

Shadows whispers even in the darkest time in the night … They spoke to me and told me to go deepest place in Spite, to find someone who will be my guidance to fullfit my destiny. I am nothing but a shadow who is seaching it’s mentor.

Watcful 12
Shadowy 23
Dangerous 12
persuasive 10

Edit : found its patron
edited by Engn on 6/23/2014