Protégés Seeking Patrons (Only protégés need post)

Hello Ladies, Gentlemen, and those not limited by such feeble labels as male or female.

My goal for this post was to keep the process of finding a Patron or Protégé… simple. Or as close to simple as my feeble mind can conceive: this is strictly (but not to strict) for Protégés seeking a Patron.

Anyway, some guidelines:

• Please post your unaugmented prime stats; your Watchful, Dangerous, Persuasive, and Shadowy without equipment, items, or pets. Please do not post if all your prime stats are over 100 (unaugmented), or else a Patron cannot help you and you cant help them.
  • A Paramount Presence has the capacity to train in not one, BUT TWO stats: Watchful and Persuasive. Shadowy and Dangerous. However, do not harass these fine individuals for patronage as they are likely very, very tired.

~ Knowledge of the Arts and Sciences ~
An Extraordinary Mind {Watchful}
A Legendary Charisma {Persuasive}

~ Training in both Physicality and Cunning ~
An Invisible Eminence {Shadowy}
A Shattering Force {Dangerous}

• Keep your post up to date. I know its easy to post and forget. Ghost and post, set and forget. I don’t know, I’m still tired. If a prime stat reaches 100, make it known. Found a Patron and want to be left alone by other potential Patrons? Make it known, or make them fight over you, that’s your prerogative.
  • Let prospective Patrons know a little about yourself. No one wants to teach a faceless husk of a human(?).
    -Your favorite riddle. This is strictly for my benefit and completely optional.

Please keep as close to the guide lines as possible. I wont stop you if you wanted to post something about your affinity for parakeets, but there are other, and much better constructed, forums for such.

And again: If you’re a Patron seeking a Protégé refrain from posting… Unless you add a riddle… BUT EVEN THEN! For the sake of convenience I dream of keeping this a place for potential Protégés to be collected and easily found.

I weigh nothing at all, yet you can see me. Put me in a bucket and I make it lighter. What am I?
What’s dressed when night falls and undressed when day breaks?
One in 6. One in 9. None in 1. What am I?

( ) An Extraordinary Mind
( ) A Legendary Charisma
( ) An Invisible Eminence
( ) A Shattering Force
(X) Paramount Presence

It’s still here. Terrifying.

edited by AgentBlueSky on 10/26/2017
edited, again, by AgentBlueSky on 4/14/2023

3 Likes

[quote=Hammond ]&quotI weigh nothing at all, yet you can see me. Put me in a bucket and I make it lighter. What am I?&quot
edited by AgentBlueSky on 12/26/2013[/quote]
A hole.

Ahem. Now that’s over with, I, while in possession of an exceptional mind, require a patron to hone my other skills with. Shadowy first, I think.

Watchful 200
Shadowy 62
Dangeous 80
Persuasive 77

If you want to know a little about me, well… if I am to be studying stealth, I think a little discretion is in order, hm? I seek knowledge, but I am quite capable of concealing it as well.

&quotIt cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.&quot

I seek training in Shadowy. W143 S89 D107 P100.
I am a faceless husk of a human, and am testing the assertion that no one would be willing to teach me. I seek knowledge and revenge. I have been to Polythreme and the Cave of the Nadir, and not yet reached the Iron Republic, though I will go there soon.
The one who makes me does not use me; the one who buys me does not use me; the one who uses me does not care.

I could do with training in Shadowy (73) and Dangerous (61).

I’m kind of a big deal. People know me. Unfortunately, I have a habit of Seeking, so I need to climb my way back up.

Hwoosh is at:

W: 137
S: 96
D: 117
P: 132.

R. Fellow Oswho is at:

W: 124
S: 96
D: 81
P: 106

It would be fun to be a Protégé. Hit me up, Gentlefolk, if it strike your fancy. Doesn’t matter what attribute.[li]

EDIT: Ah! Now R. Fellow Oswho has a Watchful Patron. That was fast!
edited by hwoosh on 12/27/2013[/li][li]
edited by hwoosh on 1/1/2014[/li][li]
edited by hwoosh on 1/27/2014[/li][li]
edited by hwoosh on 3/9/2014

Arthur Pendlebrook is at
W:108
S:81
D:102
P:122

As such I think I need a Protege for Shadowy craft if a tutor is available.

My main character (ceruleanmind) is at:

W: 82
S: 80
D: 80
P: 85

Dangerous seems to be most difficult for me, so I would appreciate a patron who can help me improve that quality the most, but I wouldn’t say no to a watchful or a persuasive patron either. I seem to be doing the best with Shadowy so far so no help needed there, I think. :) I’ve only been playing for about a month, but am already in love with Fallen London and have even started pursuing the Light Fingers ambition. I have a lot more to learn about this place, but so far my journey in the Neath has been incredibly fascinating. As for my character, she’s somewhat of a Bohemian, but also quite charmed by the Devils. She’s currently working for the Cheesemonger and siding with the Neddy men over the dockers because she really wants to get closer to the Masters and learn something more about them. She’s planning her first big score and expedition to the Forgotten Quarter soon too. Other than that she’s subtle, magnanimous, steadfast and daring. The person behind her is more watchful, imaginative and curious about the world and everything in it than anything else and likes the opportunity to try her hand at something new and different here.

UPDATE: I have found a Persuasive patron thanks to this thread. :) I am also a PoSi as of yesterday.
edited by ceruleanmind on 1/30/2014

I currently have unbuffed
W: 59
S: 54
D: 46
P: 81

I have a Protege for Shadowy currently, but it would be nice if I can find a way to increase my Watchful without increasing Nightmares, since I heard that Heart’s Desire will require dream progress at some point in the future and going insane will lose all my dream progress…[li]

I’m not really roleplaying my character much, just going with choices that seem fun/profitable at the time. Chose The Great Game as my &quotclosest to&quot but keep getting embroiled in Hell business.

Oh and about riddles. How about just a link to a nice escape the room game? Flash based though, so PC only. http://robamimi.biz/games/switch/switch.php
edited by Lumyire on 1/1/2014

Update: a very generous and intelligent lady offered to be my watchful patron by means of a calling card some days ago, but alas, I was not able to reply immediately (shroom hopping is tiring and can induce amnesia). Long story short, sorry for not replying to you and yes, I would still love to have someone to help me with watchful!
edited by Lumyire on 1/7/2014

[s]I have W43, S22, D9 and P56. Currently working on my Shadowy, but I hope to become a Legendary Charisma.

I am new to the Neath and still finding my footing, but my feet are nimble and strong and serve to preserve me as well as to serve those around me.[/s][li]

Gentlemen, thank you all. I’ve enjoyed receiving some particularly delicious offers, so am no longer searching, but I vow my door has not closed. I never turn away a good friend.
[/li]
edited by Zingarinha on 1/3/2014

W 109
S 84
D 88 (plus 5 from my destiny)
P 92
I am an easily distracted knowledge seeker who has never died, gone mad, or gotten banished for his scandal. This is in spite of continuous levels of all menace forms save hunger. I try to do what is right, but the pursuit of pleasure distracts. Also when i was asked, so long ago, to choose my affliction, i erred and choose the docks, the useless, useless docks.I find myself not caring witch stat a patron would train me in, only that they be capable of doing what they say.
Also, a riddle for your pleasure:
When my first is a task to a young girl of spirit,
And my second confines her to finish the piece,
How hard is her fate! But how great is her merit
If by taking my whole she effects her release!

Looking for Dangerous and/or Watchful Patrons.

Watchful 90
Shadowy 120
Dangeous 88
Persuasive 100

I am irresistible, compelling, midnight and sinister (or so the game tells me). I am closest to The Great Game and sided with The Widow. My current occupation is the Watcher, although I will change this choice soon after I become PoSI and gain some Notability so I can proceed to…more delicious occupations (potentially Murderer or Conjurer). Currently, I am grinding some Prisoner’s Honey and Criminals & Docks connections, which will take days to complete, so my stats are not going to improve above the limit in the next couple of weeks.
edited by Karhumies on 1/2/2014

Hi there!!

I’ve been playing FL for a few months now though I don’t have any friends who play with any regularity. I’m currently Duelling the Black Ribbon to grind up my Dangerous though I wouldn’t mind Patrons for Persuasive and Dangerous to start off with (if it’s better to focus on one then please let me know). It’d be nice to have some people to partake in mutally profitable actions and endeavours with so please do let me know if that interests you. I’m online quite a bit so you’ll get a response when you send a request…just make sure profitable for the both of us ;).

My stats:
Watchful: 63
Shadowy: 65
Dangerous: 75
Persuasive: 78

My character right now is a mystery, even to himself. He wears many faces, none are masks yet all are true. A complicated individual whose endeavours and actions show that he could one day be a great individual.

I’ve got a couple of questions, is the cameo I’m currently using available for purchase? I’ve looked in the preview section and I can’t see it. Also, the Destiny I wanted was locked, will I be able to change it? (I needed the Committed accomplishment for the one I wanted).

My alt Loogan comes from humble beginnings, and though he even managed to spend some time at university, he mostly solves problems with his fists. As such, he has some trouble getting along in higher society, and really needs someone to teach him some manner (in other words, to help with persuasive). His stats:
W 102, S 85, D 100, P 80.

My riddle is translated, so please forgive the lack of rhyme:
I’m never really far from my beloved twin,
I’m associated oft with the vomitive smell
Of a part of the body with quite dubious looks
Located far away from the olfactive tool.
ETA: Loogan now has a persuasive patron. How nice!
edited by Loon on 1/11/2014

[quote=Rudiger]Hi there!!

I’ve been playing FL for a few months now though I don’t have any friends who play with any regularity. I’m currently Duelling the Black Ribbon to grind up my Dangerous though I wouldn’t mind Patrons for Persuasive and Dangerous to start off with (if it’s better to focus on one then please let me know). It’d be nice to have some people to partake in mutally profitable actions and endeavours with so please do let me know if that interests you. I’m online quite a bit so you’ll get a response when you send a request…just make sure profitable for the both of us ;).

My stats:
Watchful: 63
Shadowy: 65
Dangerous: 75
Persuasive: 78

My character right now is a mystery, even to himself. He wears many faces, none are masks yet all are true. A complicated individual whose endeavours and actions show that he could one day be a great individual.

I’ve got a couple of questions, is the cameo I’m currently using available for purchase? I’ve looked in the preview section and I can’t see it. Also, the Destiny I wanted was locked, will I be able to change it? (I needed the Committed accomplishment for the one I wanted).[/quote]

You can have as many mentors as you like for each stat as far as I know. But consider that each lesson will cost one Free Evening, which are limited to five each week, and you’ll need them for suppers and dinners at Dante’s, too.

I believe the cameo you are currently using is a gender-neutral one, so it should be available in-game if your character is gender-neutral. Gender changes are lamentably still not possible, though. You should be able to change your Destiny with A Pail of So-called Snow and Putting the Pieces together: The Taste of Lacre 1, but it will cost 25 Fate/Nex.

Edit: The option to change your Destiny with A Pail of So-called Snow will only be open until the 6th of January, this is. But worry not - there should be other possibilities in future.
edited by Belia on 1/4/2014

PotatoEngineer could use a hand with watching and persuading. If you’re feeling curious whether Patronage works while the Protege has high stats and a Talkative Rattus Faber, I’m up for an experiment.

Watchful: 68
Shadowy: 100
Dangerous: 114
Persuasive: 73

I’ve been moping around the training professions for quite a while, trying each one on in turn to see how they fit. Being a Tough is a bit tight in the shoulders, while Pickpocketing leaves me with mousetrapped fingers. Perhaps a bit of Investigation is in order?

I’ve always wandered Fallen London with a fatally-vast curiosity: what happens if I push this button? What on earth is a Liberation of Night? If I contribute enough, do I get to see it? What happens if you poke a Master in the nose, and do they even have noses?

My favorite riddle is the old classic, mostly for its answer: When is a raven like a writing desk?

Seeking a patron to help with my dangerous quality! My name is Starlet and i am a puissant and facinating lady.

Watchful: 51
Shadowy:42
Dangerous:45
Persuasive: 58

Im new to the fourms so any help/advise is appreciated.
edited by Starlet on 1/4/2014

Casey Sheppard— published poet, accomplished lover, and intimate of devils— seeks patron for mutually beneficial relationship. Fallen Londoners of Legendary Charisma or Extraordinary Mind are cordially invited to call at my lodgings above the bookshop. No violent lunatics need apply.

Watchful: 54
Shadowy: 42
Dangerous: 45
Persuasive: 57

Ladies, gentlemen, and others: Casey Sheppard has accepted patronage from one John Pennywise, an inescapable, sagacious, terrifying, and lethal gentleman. Thank you for your consideration.

[li]edited by Casey Sheppard on 1/6/2014[/li][li]
edited by Casey Sheppard on 1/6/2014

Greetings kind strangers!

Dutt has been staying in Fallen London for a couple of months and would now really appreciate a patron who’s an Extraordinary Mind or has Legendary Charisma.

Watcchful: 68
Shadowy: 60
[li]
Dangerous: 92
Persuasive: 71

My characters current goal in life is to buy a ship and sail to all kinds of places. He’s tend to favour the dangerous and adrenaline-filled parts of life and looks forward to seeing strange and unknown places.

To leave you something as food for thought:
You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?[/li]
edited by dutt_ on 1/6/2014

Seeker of Names requires the Patronage of an Extraordinary Mind.

Watchful 79, Shadowy 57, Dangerous 54, Persuasive 54

What you need to know about Seeker is that ze seeks to learn names, for names are truth and truth is knowledge.

Seeker’s favourite riddle: What is the Name?

By way of introduction, I am a part-time author of penny dreadfuls and a dispassionate observer of social mores, being just as likely to mix with clergymen as well as revolutionaries. I request a patron of either Extraordinary Mind or Legendary Charisma, since I would like to develop my skills in shrewdness and cunning.

Watchful: 55, Shadowy: 31, Dangerous: 32, Persuasive: 32

My interest in riddles and guessing games is sadly lacking, but lovely readers may mull this one over at the local honey den: What is the sound of one hand clapping?

I look forward to making your acquaintance.
edited by arashi on 1/6/2014

Update: Two extraordinary individuals have kindly offered mentoring in watchfulness and persuasiveness, and I thank them for their swift response. Thank you all for your consideration.
edited by arashi on 1/8/2014