Professor Strix' Fallen London Journals

[quote=Professor Strix][quote=Vavakx Nonexus]
And this is how my shadowy set looked for half the game.
P.S. Opera Cloak gives +2 to Shadowy, not +1[/quote]

I later acquired a prison shiv and a neurastenic assassin later for a slightly bigger boost in Shadowy. And another typo? My my. That’s why you never publish a work with less than 30 Potential.[/quote]

[li]
Wow, the shadowy gear chars have is ALWAYS at least a a set of Kiffers (even Rysiek the cop (since in movies at least, the German police is equipped with a set of them))

And I believe the bat may not be that good for the poor Prof. Strix.

The kiffers are expensive, I’m doing thief work against my best judgement. So no, no kiffers for me. I’m hoping to show soon my long-time goals and where all those echoes will be spent once she gathers enough.

[[OOC: The professor is cheap on anything but books. Plus, the bat. Oh-ho, the bat. I put it in comics to represent the decisions I took more focused on game mechanics than actual RP - I won’t say I don’t regret some. But now the little thing has another role to fulfill and his side of him suddenly turned out to be very useful in the storyline I’m currently in.]]

[quote=Professor Strix]How do a completely honest character, with strong ties to the Church and the Constables and a high steadfast plus magnanimous unlock Shadowy accomplishments without committing crimes?
I don’t know. But I don’t put past Professor Strix to do… this. The profits will be used to build an orphanage or something.

[[Typo: It’s &quotchallenging fighter&quot. I’ll eventually correct this. Totally.]]
edited by Professor Strix on 3/28/2016[/quote]
Going for the Angel among Thieves title?

[quote=Rysiek][quote=Professor Strix][quote=Vavakx Nonexus]
And this is how my shadowy set looked for half the game.
P.S. Opera Cloak gives +2 to Shadowy, not +1[/quote]

I later acquired a prison shiv and a neurastenic assassin later for a slightly bigger boost in Shadowy. And another typo? My my. That’s why you never publish a work with less than 30 Potential.[/quote]
[li]
[/li][li]
Wow, the shadowy gear chars have is ALWAYS at least a a set of Kiffers (even Rysiek the cop (since in movies at least, the German police is equipped with a set of them))

And I believe the bat may not be that good for the poor Prof. Strix.[/quote]

[/li][li]Have you even been to the bazaar this year? The kiffers cost 60 echoes! 60! You can easily buy some spidersilk slippers( Very comfortable, by the way.) which give almost double the benefit for only 12.[/li]

In London, one is not admired for their ability to open doors with Kifers. They are admired for their ability to open doors with drums, books, umbrellas, toes and thicker books among other things.

If any of you are wondering, I’m talking about the Blind Pianist affair. It took me surprisingly long to bother to finish it.

[[OOC: My main comic is about vampires, but it still is the creepiest smile I’ve ever drawn.]]

Violence always helps a bad mood.

Fallen London don’t need to be an endless stream of miseries. Sometimes, you can have a pretty sweet day there.

[quote=Professor Strix]Fallen London don’t need to be an endless stream of miseries. Sometimes, you can have a pretty sweet day there.

[/quote]

As a pro-abstraction person, I’m torn between complaining about Professor’s(outrageous and unreasonable) philosophy about the soul trade and not ruining the moment…
P.S. I sure like making miniscule edits…
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 3/30/2016

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus]
As a pro-abstraction person, I’m torn between complaining about Professor’s(outrageous and unreasonable) philosophy about the soul trade and not ruining the moment…
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 3/30/2016[/quote]

Knowing that my highest stats are Watchful and Dangerous, I kindly advise you to not ruin the moment for now. Keep your complaints for when your wounds are low enough to partake in a duel safely.

The duel might include rounds of argumentation between the rounds of pysical fight. But it will be mostly physical fight.

[quote=Professor Strix][quote=Vavakx Nonexus]
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 3/30/2016[/quote]

Knowing that my highest stats are Watchful and Dangerous, I kindly advise you to not ruin the moment for now. Keep your complaints for when your wounds are low enough to partake in a duel safely.

The duel might include rounds of argumentation between the rounds of physical fight. But it will be mostly physical fight.[/quote]

Such an argument is best solved in a round of polite murder in Knife-and-Candle!

I like the handcart in the last one. It’s such a simple, practical detail. I tend to ignore the practical aspects of the game events, like ‘how do you carry all the loot from you latest caper?’, it fascinates me how people work out things like that.

I haven’t done the Soul Trade myself but my character has a fairly long history of not wanting to sell souls, for moral reasons.

So, like yourself, I was absolutely thrilled when I could use a bunch of them to help the Constables raid the Embassy. Truly, thrilled.

(that my character had RP reasons to want to harm the Devils just made the whole affair even more delicious)

Souls are bad money source in general anyway. Have you looked into Amantia Sherry, Professor? I have a feeling it’s right up your alley, and I don’t mean it in the drinking sense.

It’s not particularly unreasonable, even in the event you learn the deeper purpose of the Soul Trade. Some people will always sell their souls for a diamond big enough to feed an entire street for a year, so eradicating the trade is pointless. The point is, reaping soul from people who isn’t even able to say no is something universally reviled, regardless of what you think of Hell or what they want to do with your souls.

Shepherd, Church 396 / Hell 245, just in case you want to accuse me of doing PR work for Sprifage.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 3/30/2016

Professor, your dedication to opposing the soul trade is laudable, and I congratulate you on your success.

Even better, you can later steal from the Brass Embassy and give the souls you acquire to the C.V.R. In fact, the Committee card showed up right as I was preparing for a theft; I took it as a sign from above, liberated all the souls and infernal contracts I could from the embassy, and delivered them to the C.V.R.

(I think my character would get along quite well with yours. Very similar viewpoints.)

Ha. No. I don’t want to die. The effects would be unpredictable.

I would barely think of it in game, but when you have to draw a comic, all those details that can be waved away in written form have to be figured out.

[quote=absimiliard]I haven’t done the Soul Trade myself but my character has a fairly long history of not wanting to sell souls, for moral reasons.

So, like yourself, I was absolutely thrilled when I could use a bunch of them to help the Constables raid the Embassy. Truly, thrilled.

(that my character had RP reasons to want to harm the Devils just made the whole affair even more delicious)[/quote]

THIS. This right here is the feeling.

I may hate them, but this is a bit much. I’m not a cold-hearted murderer. A good thrashing here and there are enough to bring my rage to acceptable levels.

[quote=vanillafog]Professor, your dedication to opposing the soul trade is laudable, and I congratulate you on your success.

Even better, you can later steal from the Brass Embassy and give the souls you acquire to the C.V.R. In fact, the Committee card showed up right as I was preparing for a theft; I took it as a sign from above, liberated all the souls and infernal contracts I could from the embassy, and delivered them to the C.V.R.

(I think my character would get along quite well with yours. Very similar viewpoints.)[/quote]

I aways have my nights free (the chemical experiments can wait). Let’s do something together some time. Drop a calling card and I’ll be there.

Thankfully, polite murder does not involve actually killing someone. Knife-and-Candlers aren’t on good terms with the boatman in general…

I am really enjoying these comics. It warms my heart to see there are still (somewhat) honest Londoners roaming the streets, helping us rat catchers protect the innocent from rats, thwarting devils and spirifers and only occassionally mugging someone in a dark alley. Keep up the good work Professor!
I can’t say I agree with everything you did though, as I sided with the Spirifer over the Pianist for both characters. I felt sorry for the guy once I got to know more about him and I’m not trusting a devil’s word of honour for a second.

[quote=Hark DeGaul]I am really enjoying these comics. It warms my heart to see there are still (somewhat) honest Londoners roaming the streets, helping us rat catchers protect the innocent from rats, thwarting devils and spirifers and only occassionally mugging someone in a dark alley. Keep up the good work Professor!
I can’t say I agree with everything you did though, as I sided with the Spirifer over the Pianist for both characters. I felt sorry for the guy once I got to know more about him and I’m not trusting a devil’s word of honour for a second.[/quote]

SPIRIFERS ARE DIRT.
Ahem. I mean. Thanks for your kind words.

Now that I’m an aspiring archeologist, a little change in calling cards are over. Darned University and its bureaucracy.

If they ever implement a quirk for being a miser, the good professor will take it to 15 in the first week. Also, hints on backstory. About time.

[quote=Professor Strix]

SPIRIFERS ARE DIRT.
Ahem. I mean. Thanks for your kind words.

Now that I’m an aspiring archeologist, a little change in calling cards are over. Darned University and its bureaucracy.

If they ever implement a quirk for being a miser, the good professor will take it to 15 in the first week. Also, hints on backstory. About time.[/quote]

For the improvement of the enjoyment had by the masses, unveil the depth of relations of our fair professor and Neath’s many secrets, so we can theorize appropriately!