Professor Strix' Fallen London Journals

A little interlude about pets. Will make another (and thanks a lot to Johnny Felix for the Parabola Kitten. It’s adorable and I’ll include it in the next pet interlude).

Now the bat has a name. I couldn’t keep calling it &quotyou&quot for the whole game. And I got the salt weasel in one of my first days playing. I tend to be luckier than it’s good for me. It’s taking me ages to grind my stats.

I’m sure most of you will relate to this feeling:

[quote=Professor Strix]I’m sure most of you will relate to this feeling:

[/quote]

can’t relate to say the truth. I never had the heart to smash her. I always left her alive.

[li]

You should get a Ruthless Henchman.

Never saw someone do this here before, quite a suprise since I saw other communities make comics like this alot, go on, we would love to see more!

[quote=Rysiek][quote=Professor Strix]I’m sure most of you will relate to this feeling:

[/quote]

can’t relate to say the truth. I never had the heart to smash her. I always left her alive.

[li][/quote]
I did, though with all the Dirae Erinyes has learned throughout the years in London, their choice would be different.
[/li]

The thing about Comtessa is that anything you do can and WILL haunt your nightmares. Letting her alone there is unnerving, too, to say the least. You can’t really win in this mission. -___-’

The Comtessa’s fate is scary. Really, I just wish you knew whether it was what she really wanted or not. It didn’t seem like it, but does that give you the right to kill her?

Nothing gives you the right to kill her, but there’s simply no guarantees that she will keep living as a statue. Or, worse, that she won’t be trapped there for all eternity, aware but unresponsive. There are fates worse than final death, my friend. And some of them do start as good intentions.
Others just start horrible and get worse. I know one or two things about those.

[[OOC: I chose to break her for rp reasons, but letting her alive and trapped would have given me nightmares about being trapped in a claustrophobic space all the same.]]

You make some very good points. I left her be, and sometimes I wonder how she’s doing: has she become a Clay Woman, forever to be with her beloved? Is she still trapped in that statue, her green eyes forever bricked away behind stone? Sometimes I think I should’ve smashed her instead.

(OOC: I chose to leave her, for different rp reasons. To my character, smashing her felt like playing god with her life, and they decided that they’d rather leave someone to a potentially terrible fate than play god, which may or may not be questionable ethics. Failbetter Games made a blog post about it too: http://www.failbettergames.com/dissecting-the-comtessa/ . This makes me think of the conclusion of the Absconding Devil case, when the Bleary Entertainer asks you &quotWhat gives you the right to decide other peoples’ lives?&quot. I really wish you had the option to say, &quotNothing. I don’t have that right.&quot)

I did the absconding devil back when my English was bad and I didn’t understand. Back then, I warned him… Don’t ask me why anymore. Now, as I know the language better, I simply let them go. Every single case leaves the answer open and would open questions. Expect the detective, but every other is ambiguous. I wonder whether smashing wouldn’t be better, but leaving her alive felt… optimistic, they could be together…[li]

Stupid Persuasive quests that try to force you into someone’s pants. None of the people I tried to charm ended our relationship particularly charmed. In the Intrigue: the Curate and his Sister, there’s a point in which you spend the night with the Curate (what the hell, people). My headcanon is that we spent all night talking about some obscure theology point until I fell asleep by his side. He felt so insulted by this that he pretended to not remember me during the Vake hunt. But my Persuasive increased anyway, so who cares.

I like these comics. It’s fun to remember the early storylines. It reminds me of when my character was another new face in London who didn’t have any worries beyond a rat home invasion. My how things have changed since they got into the late game.

In my mind, it was probably endless night of Parcheesi whenever the church is involved. (Thanks to old Phil Foglio joke. . .)

It’s nice how that’s left deliberately vague, so that you can work your own headcanons in. Also, I totally feel your pain concerning seduction and theft quests that are necessary to advance storylines, but require out-of-character and/or distasteful actions.

@NiteBrite: I’m still relatively new, and still get all nostalgic drawing those sketchs.
@Shadowcthulhu: Or that. xD
@vanillafog: Shadowy quests are my next target. Hate them, too.

[quote=Professor Strix]@NiteBrite: I’m still relatively new, and still get all nostalgic drawing those sketchs.
@Shadowcthulhu: Or that. xD
@vanillafog: Shadowy quests are my next target. Hate them, too.[/quote]
They are a hell to advance… I only did them on Maria and absolutely REFUSE to do anything of them on Rysiek… Expect catch cats. Oh, and my headcannon on Persuasive is similar, on Agata.[li]

Agata: There is the idea: We let us be seen in society and you will receive 5 Pounds after the affair is finished
Jewel Thief: But… what about the Sex?
Agata draws her trusty Lupara: You know, hot lead doesn’t feel nice in ones face. If you don’t want to experience it, darling, stay urwał away, capisce? No, wait, I better will aim it at your crotch smiles creepily
Jewel Thief: U…u…understood! thinks I am going to overdose on Laudanum after this is finished
Agata: thinks Playing insane appears to work. Do I look as if I slept with everyone? London ist verrückt

How do a completely honest character, with strong ties to the Church and the Constables and a high steadfast plus magnanimous unlock Shadowy accomplishments without committing crimes?
I don’t know. But I don’t put past Professor Strix to do… this. The profits will be used to build an orphanage or something.

[[Typo: It’s &quotchallenging fighter&quot. I’ll eventually correct this. Totally.]]
edited by Professor Strix on 3/28/2016

[quote=Professor Strix]How do a completely honest character, with strong ties to the Church and the Constables and a high steadfast plus magnanimous unlock Shadowy accomplishments without committing crimes?
I don’t know. But I don’t put past Professor Strix to do… this. The profits will be used to build an orphanage or something.

[[Typo: It’s &quotchallenging fighter&quot. I’ll eventually correct this. Totally.]]
edited by Professor Strix on 3/28/2016[/quote]

And this is how my shadowy set looked for half the game.
P.S. Opera Cloak gives +2 to Shadowy, not +1

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus]
And this is how my shadowy set looked for half the game.
P.S. Opera Cloak gives +2 to Shadowy, not +1[/quote]

I later acquired a prison shiv and a neurastenic assassin later for a slightly bigger boost in Shadowy. And another typo? My my. That’s why you never publish a work with less than 30 Potential.