Penstock's Wicket

I risked searching the shores, and a fortunate result gave me a single Storm-Threnody. I probably got on the unlucky end of the fortunate scale. Interesting text, though.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 1/6/2014

Not yet - I have 4 Taste of Lacre left but I need to think about whether to buy some more snow from the Urchins and sell my soul or not. I’ve got a lot of thinking to do. Edit to add - it will probably be best to just keep getting scraps and go the other route though.[li]
edited by circe on 1/6/2014

[quote=A B Nile]Separate Q: with two pails of snow left, and no Semiotic monocle, what is the best way to increase my ToL quality?[/quote]From 7 and up? I think boars are the only way when it comes to pails. For lower levels it appears as if dipping a soul into it is the safest method.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]Buckets of Snow now cost a Night-Whisper in addition to the Storm-Threnodies, so I suspect they’ll be offering them for the duration of January.

Edit: 7 Storm-Threnodies instead of 5 too.[/quote]Wow. That’s quite a price-hike. And I thought they were costly before. Night-Whispers aren’t exactly easy to get. Takes a lot of work and then a lot of luck. Though a lot less work if you’ve already got a huge pile of expedition supplies. But who does?

[quote=serguma]Western tower now has an option to sell your soul for 7 storm threnodies and one night whisper[/quote]That’s mighty convenient. Makes me wish I still had Watchful low enough to stumble upon my soul again. Then I could sell my soul over and over and make out like a bandit. But maybe they already thought of that and changed that card? Ah well, it wasn’t that frequent anyway. I’ll save the Bottled Oblivion-binging until later. ;)

So your soul is roughly as much worth as a bucket of snow. Great.

At least your soul isn’t as cheap as the ones for sale in the Bazaar.

Can’t vouch for its credibility, but you might want to check out Wolfstack Docks.
edited by Alexander Feld on 1/6/2014

I’ve heard that you can get your soul back with a very specific Bundle of Oddities. I think it was from One’s Public.

I suppose increasing it from 7 is only an issue if I decide I want the Spire-Emporium. Otherwise I choose one of the lower lodgings, drop to 4, then choose another and drop to 1, then leave the Wicket, increase to 4, enter again and choose the last one.[li]
edited by A B Nile on 1/6/2014[/li][li]
edited by A B Nile on 1/6/2014

You leave the Wicket each time you choose a lodging.

Finished up my business with the Widow, upgraded myself to a Spire-Emporium, and picked up the key to a rather interesting temple as well; these three things used up all my PtPT, so I had exactly enough. Though the other two lodgings would be nice as well; hopefully they either become available through other methods eventually, or I break down and scrounge up enough junk to buy more pails of lacre and get those as well.

A B Nile - Thanks for the reminder that I could use my remaining pails of lacre once I’d lowered the Taste of Lacre enough. I had two left which brought me back up to three and got me the Zee-Snail as well. The cellars and the Sanctum will have to wait until I can get them another way or until next time I have access to Penstock’s Wicket and some Lacre knowledge. And find a way to sell my soul I guess.

Though perhaps I’ll just get the Sanctum the hard way rather than sell what’s left of my soul again. :)

I have the Noman up on my mantle, if anyone is curious. It is, oddly, a Curiosity rather than a Companion, at the moment.

Well I now have all three 5 card lodgings :P

Does getting the spire emporium this way still require that you have less than 11 Connected:Revolutionaries?

Nope, I have the 3 five card-lodgings now :)[li]

It doesn’t, your connected is safe. But it consumes 9 putting the pieces together: taste of lacre, so be prepared.

Edit: I was too slow, ninja’d by serguma. Oh well.
edited by Karaeir on 1/6/2014

I’m assuming alternate ways for the three card lodgings will be added at some point, even if they are expensive, what with hideously expensive ones existing for the 5 card ones.

[li]
Not at all!
Just got my Spire Emporium and kept my 180 Connected:Revolutionaries :-)

H’okay. I’v got, post Duchess, 15 Taste of Lacre left and 9 pails of snow. What’s the best way to convert the latter into the former, anyone can tell me?

Spend Taste until you have five or less, then look at Pails with a semiotic Monocle until you’ve more than five. If you need to raise it even further, feed it to boars(but in your case that won’t be necessary)
edited by HinterDemGlas on 1/6/2014
edited by HinterDemGlas on 1/6/2014