Penstock's Wicket

So this silver-bordered storylet appears after you finished twelve days of Mr Sacks and apparently will allow us to descend beneath the Bazaar. Right now the option to do so is still locked with Impossible though. It requires lacre quality of 3 as well. And it appears this storylet will disappear at the end of January. Btw it’s not an oppurtunity card.[li]

I have the same. I expect they’ll open up the last option sometime later.

Yeah, it appears when you finish with the Sackses. It should open today. bounces impatiently Come ONNNN.

It’s unlocked now!

It’s open now. Down there you’ll be able to spend your lacre quality to upgrade to five-card lodgings, gain new lodgings such as Temple, Cellars, and Snail house, fulfill your promise to the Duchess, Widow, and Dockers, and one option involving the Noman. You’ll be able to return as long as your lacre quality is three.[li]

Edit: And there is one option which involves searching the shore.
edited by randomperson on 1/6/2014

Hmmm. So, the Spire-Emporium requires 9 Taste of Lacre; the Suite requires 7, and the Sanctum requires 8 plus soullessness. Which is a bit inconvenient; Hubris lost his soul to the Quiet Deviless but then got it back again.

And now the million echo question: Is there anyway to quickly bump your Lacre-Tasting, or am I sadly forced to get my suite the hard way?

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]Hubris lost his soul to the Quiet Deviless but then got it back again.[/quote]Yeah, I couldn’t resist taking back what was mine. But it is a bit of a bother, isn’t it? I figured I’d be able to sell it again, or sell it to some other Devil, like the deal with the Cantigaster Poison, but that hasn’t been an option.

Is Taste of Lacre the only thing one has to pay, or does one need fancy things like Notability or such? Seems awfully cheap, and I seem to have overdone it by bringing it all the way up to 17 (so far).

I got my Spire Emporium Yesterday, I still have my soul so can’t get a Sanctum, but I now have a Suite:) It did take 3 Notability as well.
I haven’t got enough Taste of lacre for all the others choices but it is time to keep my promise and see what that brings.[li]
edited by circe on 1/6/2014

[quote=Gillsing][quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]Hubris lost his soul to the Quiet Deviless but then got it back again.[/quote]Yeah, I couldn’t resist taking back what was mine. But it is a bit of a bother, isn’t it? I figured I’d be able to sell it again, or sell it to some other Devil, like the deal with the Cantigaster Poison, but that hasn’t been an option.

Is Taste of Lacre the only thing one has to pay, or does one need fancy things like Notability or such? Seems awfully cheap, and I seem to have overdone it by bringing it all the way up to 17 (so far).[/quote]

Yeah, I’m not even sure where to start looking for re-de-ensoulment… and, there is a 3 Notability cost for the 5-carders, so much more reasonable than the regular costs.

Hmm… got a Spire Emporium there as well as keeping my promise to the Duchess.

Was tempted to get the Sanctum as well but it requires you to have sold your soul. Which I don’t think I can do as I doubt the devils want a Seeker’s soul after what I’ve done to it.

My inner completionist wants me to get the other 5 card lodging or some of the smaller 3 card lodgings. I can get the suite the had way if I push myself to hunt an Impossible Theorem, but I din’t know how we can get the new 3 card lodgings any other way yet.

Or maybe I get one and wait until next Christmas to get more Taste of Lacre and spend it in Wickets for whatever’s left then.

Can’t get a Noman since I don’t have the knife. Could get it but not sure I want a noman if he’ll only last a while without feeding him tears.

[quote=Loofaestus]And now the million echo question: Is there anyway to quickly bump your Lacre-Tasting, or am I sadly forced to get my suite the hard way?[/quote]That depends on when the urchins stop selling pails of so-called snow, and if you have a clear path to your lodgings after the last ‘snow’-fall. Then it’s just a matter of converting resources into Storm-Threnodies and buy the pails whenever the card appears, and either examine them with a Semiotic Monocle (if 5 or lower) or feed a pail to a wild boar (make sure to use Hard-earned Lesson to back out if you fail, because pails cost too much to lose). I wouldn’t call it ‘quick’, but if you put your mind to it you should be able to get enough points by the end of the month. Not so easy if the urchins stop selling those pails though.

Buckets of Snow now cost a Night-Whisper in addition to the Storm-Threnodies, so I suspect they’ll be offering them for the duration of January.

Edit: 7 Storm-Threnodies instead of 5 too.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 1/6/2014

Actually what I said earlier reminds me I never actually asked - does anyone know if the new 3 card lodgings are available any other way yet? Or is it only through Taste of Lacre at Penstock’s Wicket?

Probably an obvious question; but do the new, non-5 card lodgings actually cost three levels of Tast of Lacre? i.e. if mine is at 7, Can I choose two of them?

Separate Q: with two pails of snow left, and no Semiotic monocle, what is the best way to increase my ToL quality?

I don’t know if they will be available any other way but but I now have all the new lodgings. I haven’t got enough Taste of Lacre left to get a Noman though and I am out of Pails of so called Snow.

A B Nile - all options take the lacre they require.

As expected - thanks. Now to try and decide between a suite and some of the new lower tier ones… I’m leaning towards the latter. Only acquired my room at the Beth a couple of weeks ago, so no need to rush into a suite before I’ve decided if I like the place perhaps…

I know not many people have acquired 5-card lodgings at this point - do we know if there are any cool options available on their opportunity cards?
[li]

Western tower now has an option to sell your soul for 7 storm threnodies and one night whisper

Urchin Lacre pushers are making a fortune. Anyone dared searching the shore ? Randomness in once-a-year event is scary.