Patch Notes

I’m genuinely under the impression that CiS is a half-finished project headed by someone who just lost all interest in it at some point.

…Which would explain why the Scheme of the Phoenix was hastily bolted onto the tail end of it.

(Given that it is a total non-sequitur to the entire rest of the expansion… and also happens to be the only part of the expansion that gives the player anything to do other than get “humbled” at a point when they’ve already become Doctor Who via time traveling destiny-based shenanigans.)

1 Like

1-don’t start the discussion again, I don’t think it’s healthy for the forum, 2-waiting on your new title.

4 Likes

Given that I view the TLU identically to the People’s Front of Judea?

You can call me Biggus Dickus, if you like.

(I am willing to concede paraphrasing a full scene from the movie was overkill, but the above joke is funny and I stand by it. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Well okay then Mr biggus dickus!

At least they’re better than the Judean People’s Front

4 Likes

Short ones this week, and slightly early – we’re out of the office tomorrow.

Week Ending 29th March

• It should no longer be possible to leave the Sorrow-Spider Symposium prematurely.
4 Likes

If the entire Symposium’s not allowed to step out for eyeballs until they’re done debating the nature of language then neither are you

(I’m awfully curious if this change was for mechanical or flavor reasons, though.)

4 Likes

Week Ending 5th April

• Adjusted ‘Share instructive anecdotes about government elsewhere’ on ‘The Business of the City’ so that it is no longer strictly worse than normal branches.
7 Likes

Week Ending 12th April

• ‘Conclude your Affair with the Acclaimed Beauty’ now correctly requires 6 Fascinating.
  • Fixed a handful of text and sequencing issues with the Exceptional Story ‘Tauroktonos’.
4 Likes

Hello hello – since we changed a lot of little things today, I’m here with an early patch notes preview. I’ll post 'em again on Friday (plus any changes we make inbetweentimes).

Patch Note Preview: Week Ending 19th April

• Moved a selection of existing items into the Adornment slot:
    • Twelve-Carat Diamond Ring
    • Misplaced Ring
    • Constant Cufflinks
    • Winking Gemstone Ring
    • Strangling Willow Ring
    • Extensive Collection of Mayoral Campaign Buttons
    • Rusty Census-Taker’s Badge
    • Pendant of Helicon Amber
    • Dilmun Club Lapel Badge
    • Brass Ring
    • Antique Ring Worth Killing For
    • Viscountess’ Bejewelled Collar
    • Viscount’s Bejewelled Collar
    • A Slug, for Casual Draping
    • Semiotic Monocle
    • Pair of Irrigo Goggles
    • Extraordinarily Strong Reading Glasses
    • Bully Belvedere
    • Pair of Luminous Neathglass Goggles
    • Pair of Neathglass Goggles
  • Opened a new shop in the Bazaar Side-Streets, F.C. Hollow & Daughters, that sells Luggage items.
  • You can now purchase crews from within ‘A Return to Terra Firma’ and ‘Explore Gaider’s Mourn’.
  • Opened a shop in the Bazaar tab, Trompowsky et Fils, that sells Adornments.
11 Likes

I think The Flower from Hell that Grows Under Your Skin should also be moved from Gloves to Adornment.

3 Likes

Thematically correct, I think, but this does mean that the significant buff from moving the ring and not the flower to adornments would be undone. (They used to occupy the same slot. Now that they’re two different slots, that’s an extra +1 of Artisan of the Red Science, and it’s all accessible to free players.)

4 Likes

It’s a tragedy that there isn’t even one adornment that you can buy from Empire Adornments, a real tragedy (genuinely though, I think one or two adornments being sold there could be really cool, it’d be kinda like the censored census, plus it’d be funny as hell)

4 Likes

It is the place where jewels (and by presumable extension, jewelry) are sold, so it would actually fit quite well!

1 Like

Official motion to have ALL the items on profile pages represented by large icons. The teensie ones are for the inventory screen. Let me see what I’m wearing in detail.

4 Likes

(Awesome) Example.

3 Likes

I just purchased a pair of these!..only topside, sadly.

2 Likes

I’ve lost a point of mithradcy due to the viscountess’ collar being moved. I am less than thrilled.
When will there be a replacement piece of clothing?

1 Like

Is it still possible to swap the Viscount’s/Viscountess’s collars during the Fruits of the Zee Festival? (Or via the Sacroboscan Calendar?)

1 Like

Via the Calendar, yes… and you needn’t even swap. Play through the events again and you can have both!

3 Likes