Patch Notes

NOOOO I JUST SPENT TWO WEEKS DOING THAT GRIND ANFJHBWFHKJWFHOIJW

2 Likes

Why sell those surplus precious steel? Why not use them to upgrade the armor of the war-train or the pet worm? Or perhaps inventing some correspondence powered automated armored units?

2 Likes

Or build a new line up to Venderbight…

That’s a grand idea!

Obviously, it should be an airplane line…

29th November

• Woeful now adds two x5 frequency undiscardable cards. Option on both increases nightmares.
  • Aunt is locked by Woeful
  • All Faction Cards are locked by Woeful
  • The Weasel now drops your stats by 300 instead of 250. This means that increasing Shadowy and/or Persuasive for a more optimized deck is harder/impossible.
1 Like

I will not claim the right of formally disseminating announcements from FBG, but I just read the blog and MORE MR CHEESE CONTENT PRAISE BE TO MR CHEESE (EVEN THOUGH HES CALLED MR TREATS NOW IT MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT RAT PRETENDING TO BE A MASTER BUT I DONT THINK THE ODDS OF THERE BEING TWO OF THOSE ARE VERY HIGH)

5 Likes

Mr Cheese deserves a proper post!

1 Like

Reducing cost of Parabala/Laboratory/Railway seems like a filthy cheating to me. Where is a sence of accomplishments when results are basicly free?

They did it to sell new sackmass story to more people (because it’s behind parabola camp).

I have nothing against it. More people in the late/endgame → more content for engame players (me).

2 Likes

I am at Station VII, and constructing Railway feeled something huge. Epic. Significant. I am doing this for almost a year (with distraction to many other activities), and I am content with slow pacing. Every station feeled like a brektrough, like a triumph. Now it is totally hollow.

Well, game has a lot of other currency/action sink activities, but this is still a filthy cheating to me.

And I never minded that on Summer festival in 2022 (and even 2023) I could not access some clues or other activities because I did not have something.I started late, so it’s honest that I can not competete with those who started earlier. Reducing economical cost, othervise, is dishonestly.

3 Likes

Hello folks! Some of this has been reported already, but:

Week Ending 1st December

• ‘A Resumption of Hostilities’ (the reprise of Playing with Soul) moved to Fifth City Stories.
  • It is now possible to put Cornelius on the board of the GHR after the foundation of the Hinterland city as long as he himself has not been turned into said city.
  • Evolution:
    • Tuned down various ability and skill checks throughout the story, to make it more in line with where it fits in game progression.
    • Completing a chapter of Evolution will now grant you an item that can be used to raise your main attributes.
    • The storylet ‘Chequered Boards and Chess-Addicts’ can now grant your first two points of A Player of Chess as you progress through it.
  • Fixed an issue where Final Breaths were no longer sellable on the Upper River Exchange.
  • Added level descriptions to ‘Barrister of the Evenlode’.
  • Adjusted the contents of the London deck while the Weasel of Woe is equipped. For the worse, if you’re wondering. Specifically:
    • Added two ‘chaff’ card when Woeful.
    • Woeful now removes the main faction cards, A Visit, Inconvenienced by your Aunt endings, and club cards.
3 Likes

Week Ending 8th December

• April no longer incorrectly assumes you were in a dream-relationship in the concluding stage of Bag A Legend
  • It is now possible to build the Ferrocephalus Viafactor by board meeting vote after the end of railway construction if one has not done so previously. Doing so requires a science charter and a degree of familiarity with Cornelius
  • The 10 Fate option to purchase additional Christmas Cards now grants 7 Potential Christmas Cards (previously 1).
  • Added a new storylet in Your Lodgings to point players towards key things to pursue in the mid-game.
  • Standardised borders and grouping for signpost storylets in the lodgings – the Dubiously Shrewd Rat, Local Gossip, Gracile Accountant, and Grizzled Veteran all stick together.
7 Likes

Week Ending 15th December

• Fixed an issue where the Advent quality ‘Opening the Doors’ was accidentally left in the wrong category.
  • Fixed an issue where ‘A Dream of Claws’ could disappear from your hand.
  • It’s now possible to reset 2022’s Premium Story ‘The Mushroom’s Dream’ from the Fate page.
  • Updates to the Profile page:
    • Fixed several layout issues, particularly on mobile devices.
    • Fixed an issue where selecting a new Mantelpiece item or Scrapbook item from the Profile page would not show all available options.
    • Updated the Favoured Outfit on the Profile page so that the lower rows are hidden if they are completely empty; and that empty slots within a row include a tooltip explaining what might go there.
    • Fixed an issue in which users who have not had the opportunity to ‘Attend to Matters of Identity’ had placeholder text appear where their gender identity ought to be.
    • Added the ability to selectively prevent your term of address appearing on the Profile page.
  • A Dream of a Thousand Tails:
    • Changed reward balance so that Storm Threnodies are given out for myths of community.
    • Added Puzzle-Damask to the list of possible outputs.
    • Reduced the overall efficiency of resource-spending refinement actions.
    • It is now possible to reset the story from the Fate page.
  • Added the Incandescent Bookseller acquaintance. This is a new mechanic intended to help smooth main attribute progression from around 50 through 110. If you’re already past this point, you can still get the acquaintance and a bonus item, so you won’t have missed anything. The Bookseller will appear through the London opportunity deck.
4 Likes

I just checked and Mr Iron and Mr Eaten are no longer unremarkable profilenouns! Still citizens, but hey I guess it’s technically correct.

4 Likes

Week Ending 22nd December

• Upgraded spouses now keep their custom name when upgraded
    ** The way this works is that if your spouse has no custom name, it will display the name of its un-upgraded form, if you named that.
    ** This does not affect characters who can appear as both companion and spouse; you’ll have to name them separately in each slot, still.
    ** Specifically, this affects:
    *** Boneless Consort → Companion in Amber
    *** Platonic Partner in Crime → Platonic Eminence Grise
    *** Celebrated Artist’s Model → Notorious Art Dealer → Incendiary Tastemaker
    *** Master Jewel Thief → Gentleman Smuggler → Promethean Rogue
    ** This does affect currently-existing spouses, if you had previously named an earlier iteration of the character (but not your present one).
2 Likes

It’s time for everybody’s favorite game, WHAT WEIRD SENTENCES CAME OUT OF FL’S PATCH NOTES

2 Likes

You mean Dreaded, not dangerous, Right?

How does one name a spouse, anyway?

Bazaar Side-Streets, all the way at the bottom. There, you’ll find a Meticulous Accountant (or something like that I can’t actually remember) who will help you with registering things like the name of your Ship or Spouse. You aren’t giving them a name, not at all, this is just the name they always had, and will now be known as instead of their title.

2 Likes

wish i could do that, but fate is a b***h and i will never spand irl money.