Paramount Presence

I don’t suppose it’s made you invincible to the Nadir or otherwise lastingly raised your stat caps, has it?

Paramount Presences should be able to do literally anything that one of the four stat specializations can. That’s what it is all about, right? Jack of all trades, and master of them too.

Flirting with the Amanuensis should be locked to “Legendary Charisma” or “Paramount Presence”. All of the overcapping storylets should be accessible as well. Doing this requires reaching the absolute height of each stat and specialization, and it is utterly absurd that anyone who has done less can do more here. This is the ultimate accomplishment as far as skill goes, and it should be recognized as such.

Surely this wouldn’t be difficult to fix? Unless I’m wrong about how StoryNexus is built, it should be relatively trivial to filter out all the storylets that require one of the four PoSI specializations but not Paramount Presence, then add the latter to them. Since a Paramount Presence is simultaneously all four specializations, you could leave the context unchanged without being contradictory.
[li]

No and no, I’m afraid. :p

You know, I sort of wish Society and Bohemians didn’t get converted recently.

The Salon was a textbook example of why Favours/Renown is better than Connected, but I now have to choose between maxing Renown and stockpiling more Scheme: A Salon for my run at Paramount Presence. That conflict is intended, of course, but still.

Agree. Weird…
Truly believe they’ll change that…

[quote= Saklad]You know, I sort of wish Society and Bohemians didn’t get converted recently.

The Salon was a textbook example of why Favours/Renown is better than Connected, but I now have to choose between maxing Renown and stockpiling more Scheme: A Salon for my run at Paramount Presence. That conflict is intended, of course, but still.[/quote]

Salon seems like a particularly good example of why I disliked Connected: since I had to keep throwing away my Connected for it, it was as if I’d never reached the heights of Society at all. Even though I was constantly throwing these salons that made me famous!

The way you gain Renown is still silly, but at least it persists.
edited by aegisaglow on 8/11/2017

[quote=aegisaglow][quote= Saklad]You know, I sort of wish Society and Bohemians didn’t get converted recently.

The Salon was a textbook example of why Favours/Renown is better than Connected, but I now have to choose between maxing Renown and stockpiling more Scheme: A Salon for my run at Paramount Presence. That conflict is intended, of course, but still.[/quote]

Salon seems like a particularly good example of why I disliked Connected: since I had to keep throwing away my Connected for it, it was as if I’d never reached the heights of Society at all. Even though I was constantly throwing these salons that made me famous!

The way you gain Renown is still silly, but at least it persists.
edited by aegisaglow on 8/11/2017[/quote]

I can’t really imagine a better way to gain Renown.

I used to think it was unreasonable to lock Renown behind items that are extremely expensive for the early game, but then I realized that the Carnival options increase Renown directly. I really love that, since it also prevents players from grinding Favours forever.

Right.
So let’s take this thing for a test drive, eh?

Clicking on the message in my Messages tab just takes me to &quotTeaching London" it’s broken.

The option isn’t inviting another PP for a ride, it’s just inviting any Patron for a ride.

Invite a contact (you must have: A Paramount Presence, 1 x Free Evening) (they must have 1 x Free Evening, A Patron of… 1)
(emphasis mine)

[quote=alan.huang]Clicking on the message in my Messages tab just takes me to &quotTeaching London&quot it’s broken.

The option isn’t inviting another PP for a ride, it’s just inviting any Patron for a ride.

Invite a contact (you must have: A Paramount Presence, 1 x Free Evening) (they must have 1 x Free Evening, A Patron of… 1)
(emphasis mine)[/quote]

Yes, sent a bug report on that.
Three other players told me they can’t access the option becaus THEY need to be a PP.
We’ll wait for a reply from FBG.

Also: your post is a bit out of context, since I wrote you of this bug in the private invitation ;)
edited by Gonen on 8/20/2017

Flirt with the Amanuensis - is still locked to PP.
Guess this is here to stay…
Pity, that. When comparing PP to the vast wealth of Person of some Importance, there is almost nothing new or exciting in the legendary, much waited for, PP.

Let’s see if one can increase every stat with the Unsigned Message with Notability, or that option is closed if not having one of the four specializations.
edited by Gonen on 8/20/2017

[quote=Gonen]Flirt with the Amanuensis - is still locked to PP.
Guess this is here to stay…
Pity, that.[/quote]
Has anyone filed a bug report and received an official answer if this is intended?

In my opinion, it makes no gameplay or narrative sense for a Paramount Presence to be blocked from other POSI actions.

edited by dov on 8/20/2017

[quote=dov]
Has anyone filed a bug report and received an official answer if this is intended?

In my opinion, it makes no gameplay or narrative sense for a Paramount Presence to be blocked from other POSI actions.

edited by dov on 8/20/2017[/quote]

Not other POSI actions, only the Specialty ones (For now, just the Amanuensis. Perhaps also Lilac at the Feast?).
But sure, I’ll try and bug report that.

Hey, I’ve missed it that you’ve reached Paramount Presence, too!

Congratulations! That was fast!

Awesome! Congrats on achieving Paramount Presence!

If I may ask, what exactly did you have to do and where did you have to do it to finally make the transition. I have started changing my PoSI qualities primarily so i can max out my renown qualities, but If I can make it to this as well I will gladly do so.
edited by Koenig on 8/20/2017

Look here.

Not other POSI actions, only the Specialty ones[/quote]
Yeah, I meant the POSI specialization options (such as there are, including stat overcapping!).

It’s not just that PP is supposed to be &quotmore&quot than the other specialization roles. It’s that to become PP you explicitly have to become all of the specializations one by one. So it makes no sense to suddenly not be able to flirt with the Amanuensis, or to overcap all the stats.

edited by dov on 8/20/2017

Thank you. I was not aware of the new options for any stats already at 215. I went ahead and did that for the correspondence as it is my preference, but I do feel a bit sad that I did not go for the option with the uber goat as fate locked content is not kept on the wiki.

Would anyone mind sending me PM containing an echo from that option? I am very curious of it.

An Unsigned Message - A PP is locked out of the options to increase stats via this card using Notability. One needs the certain POSI speciality for that, not including PP.
(As dov predicted).
Hmm…
Also, the last option on this card is still Impossible (but I didn’t really expected new content there)
edited by Gonen on 8/21/2017