November's Exceptional Story: A Little Pandemonium

[quote=Nudraxon][quote=Phèdre Delaunay]I really loved the intimate moment between November and the masked guy… I think the real theme here is how hard it is to let go of ideals, to move on and accept that you’ve changed.
November still dislikes the Minister, so yes, she’s tecnically still a revolutionary - but you can sense the Liberation of Night has lost all meaning for her. For the masked guy too, probably, but he’s the kind of person who lived and breathed for a cause, and letting go of it would be terrifying to him - he and November clearly shared something, maybe it was love but even so, it was the love that stems from a common goal. And November can’t find it in herself to tell him that she doesn’t really care anymore - I thought that moment was incredibly touching and sad.
In the end, she’s prepared to be potentially arrested for a cause that is not even hers anymore, rather than disappoint an old friend. I think her letter in the epilogue might mean that she resigned from the Council, although that’s not clear… well, anyway, I found her really interesting.[/quote]

I personally interpreted that moment a little differently.

[spoiler] Going back to November’s sketchbook metaphor, the &quotBeautiful drawings in the centre of pages&quot would be her actual plans, possibly related to the Liberation. The little sketches in the margins would be her little ideas that she had no intention of actually carrying out. Like, for instance, wouldn’t it be fun to stage a mini-Liberation in the middle of a public celebration? However, when she became a revolutionary leader who clearly inspired many people, some people took those ides seriously. And when she finds out, she decides to go along with it, rather than telling the truth and letting down all of the people whom she has inspired. I personally saw that more as a reflection on how leaders of movements can be held up as symbols, to the point where they can’t even have ordinary human flaws (such as, say, forgetfulness), as many people will be willing to follow even their least thought-through ideas.

While she clearly has been out of action for a while (possibly relating to memory problems?), I’m not sure if that means that she has given up her cause. I didn’t really see anything in her letter that indicated to me that she was resigning from the Council. The fact that she sends you one of the masks could be seen as a passing of the torch, but it could also be seen as her re-committing to her cause.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong about all of this. [\spoiler][/quote]

Sorry to be a bother, but would you by any chance have the echo of that moment?

Thanks either way.

This is the one:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Miranah/15017848

I had an absolute blast with this one, and really enjoyed livening up Bonfire Night to make it quite a bit more memorable than the Minister originally planned (honestly, he should thank me for the help). In particular, this ES had a feature that I particularly enjoy: a &quothub&quot area with various branches that you can explore and investigate at your leisure without some kind of countdown clock constraining your actions. There were some great minor characters too, like the Skeptic and of course the dog. And I love the artwork for this one – that bone mask is terrifying!

I did find it a bit odd that urchins were going around collecting firewood, as I was under the impression that most household fires in Fallen London used either coal or gas. Wood, after all, would have to be imported, and so would be quite a luxury. I suppose that does explain the rarity, though, and why the urchins are hoarding it.

For anyone who enjoyed A Little Pandemonium, I encourage you to check out a hilarious short game that Jack de Quidt (the writer of this Exceptional Story) worked on called &quotDr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist&quot. It’s free on both Steam and itch, and I highly recommend it if you’re in the mood for some madcap mischief.

My interpretation is that November is still a Revolutionary. However, the Masked Parade is a Revolutionary Cell that’s been lost and disconnected somehow, nevertheless they carried out the plans for the Spectacle, originally designed by November.

In digging into November’s identity and motivation, this quote in particular is lodged in my mind.

Source: Fallen London (Emphasis not in the original.)

It’s an odd phrase to use. It sticks out. I feel like there’s a lot of weight in those words, with a very subtle message… and I don’t know what it is. But it begs a connection to Dreams, which would point back in the general direction of Lilac. I’m not familiar enough with Lilac to really weigh in on that connection.

I wonder if November’s appearance here is setting the stage for something in Sunless Skies.

[quote=PSGarak]In digging into November’s identity and motivation, this quote in particular is lodged in my mind.

Source: Fallen London (Emphasis not in the original.)

It’s an odd phrase to use. It sticks out. I feel like there’s a lot of weight in those words, with a very subtle message… and I don’t know what it is. But it begs a connection to Dreams, which would point back in the general direction of Lilac. I’m not familiar enough with Lilac to really weigh in on that connection.

I wonder if November’s appearance here is setting the stage for something in Sunless Skies.[/quote]

I haven’t played the story yet, but I think you might be reading too much into it. &quotEvery waking day&quot is certainly a more emphatic expression than &quotevery day&quot, but it’s not an especially unusual phrase.

I fully planned to let the fireworks go off. Tis Guy Fawkes, after all. I tried to stop everything else and protect the revolutionary on the basis she seemed to want to give the Ministry a bloody nose rather than cause any real harm, then, well, everything went pear-shaped after that. I swore a little when I saw her name as I’m really anti-Revolutionary, though I’m not a huge fan of Mr Pages’ little morality crew either.

Anyone have a link to an echo where the Revolutionaries get to burn their effigy? I couldn’t figure out who it was.

It was the very man who hires you to help, I think!
edited by Jolanda Swan on 11/9/2018

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)][spoiler][/color][color=rgb(194, 194, 194)] What if November is the portion of Millicent that you find during the acquirement of St Erzulie’s Candle?[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]She does say she’s the piece of Lilac that could never learn to love the Bazaar.[/color]
edited by Deathjack999 on 11/9/2018

[spoiler]No, for the reason mentioned above, and also that part of her isn’t the most tangible thing in existence.

I loved this story! Beautifully written and the choices dovetailed neatly with my seditious tendencies.

A question though: did the rats return in anyone else’s choices? I was solidly pro-Revolutionary throughout and the dodgy little squeakers never reappeared for me.
edited by Julius de Poisson on 11/17/2018

Some questions from a new exceptional friend. I received an item at the end - is this item likely to feature in the main game at all? Or in Exceptional Stories in the future? Or is it just a nice memento?

Can I play it again, and collect any other items that might come from other choices?
edited by olicole on 11/17/2018

Edit: Can’t seem to delete this message…
edited by olicole on 11/17/2018

[quote=olicole]Some questions from a new exceptional friend. I received an item at the end - is this item likely to feature in the main game at all? Or in Exceptional Stories in the future? Or is it just a nice memento?

Can I play it again, and collect any other items that might come from other choices?[/quote]

All Exceptional Stories give a unique item regardless of your choices. If you play all three stories in a season and get all three items, you’ll unlock a seasonal conclusion with special story and a reward. Some Exceptional Stories do give other unique items depending on your choices, but this isn’t one.

[quote=olicole]Some questions from a new exceptional friend. I received an item at the end - is this item likely to feature in the main game at all? Or in Exceptional Stories in the future? Or is it just a nice memento?

Can I play it again, and collect any other items that might come from other choices?
edited by olicole on 11/17/2018[/quote]

In time, current Exceptional story will become available for purchase at Fate tab. You may reset and play again once-completed Exceptional story for 25 Fate.

Note that if you reset it, I think you lose its unique item. You don’t get to replay it to collect all of the different ones, I think?

I’ve played a number of ES stories well after they were issued and have sundry unique items cluttering the place up. Unless you play all three in the season (and re-access the epilogue), the unique items should stay in your inventory.

Be sure to hurry to unlock this story if you haven’t!

It’s about to get locked while the new season will unveil itself!

Do any of the paths in this story give you or raise Liberation of the Night?
edited by Anne Auclair on 12/28/2018

Not as far as I recall, having played through supporting the Revolutionaries in all but one decision (the effigy).