November Exceptional Story: The Final Curtain

When I finished the story I was told that I would find a conclusion to it in my opportunity deck, I haven’t seen it? Is it out yet, or has anyone else seen the card?

Not yet, still waiting, and so, to my limited knowledge, is most others. It seems considerably rarer than usual for ES conclusion cards.

Vaguely confused I seem to have received a unique item from this last story but I don’t recall nor can I find in my inventory unique story completion items for the first two stories. Did anyone else get them and if so can you pm me so I can figure out what I’m not seeing. I figure it’s more likely I’m just not looking correctly than it’s bugged.

Much appreciated. I was having no trouble finding the bullet but I’m glad I’m not the only one not seeing the two items from the first two stories in this season.

&quotMyself&quot, then &quotCuriosities&quot.

Strangely, I’m only seeing one of the items, despite having finished all three stories, but the &quotA Bullet Whose Purpose Has Been Rendered Moot&quot is the very first item on the curiosity section (it has a design of a gun, so it should stand out enough to be seen on a glance).[/quote]

The first two stories didn’t give items upon completion. Both only set a quality determining how you fulfilled the Bluejacket’s wishes.

…if the only thing we’ve been given is a bullet, will we be asked to end the Bluejacket’s misery ourselves? To punish him for whatever his crime was?

I have to admit, I’m at a loss here. I’m at the end where I have to choose what to do for the play and…I don’t know which to choose…
I’m afraid I’m aware of the fallen london lore enough to make a good choice to choose between the plant and the cat.
…I hope that spoiler tag worked. I didn’t show in the forum preview. ><’

[quote=sorciechan]I have to admit, I’m at a loss here. I’m at the end where I have to choose what to do for the play and…I don’t know which to choose…
I’m afraid I’m aware of the fallen london lore enough to make a good choice to choose between the plant and the cat.
…I hope that spoiler tag worked. I didn’t show in the forum preview. ><’[/quote]

The forum preview never shows the spoiler tag even if it’s working fine. There’s no help for it; you have to complete the post to see if the spoiler tag worked, and simply delete the post and start over if the tag did not. By the way, you cannot have two or more spoiler tags in the same post. So if you quote another commenter who has used a spoiler tag and the quote includes a spoiler tag, you won’t be able to use a spoiler tag yourself; it will simply not function and the text you tried to conceal will be plainly visible.
edited by cathyr19355 on 10/30/2016

I guess this is as good time as any to start posting. One thing that I’m slightly disappointed on is that the part actually related to the Bluejacket’s request was so brief, that said I otherwise really enjoyed the story (no epilogue yet though). It was rather brief but I think that actually increased the feeling of the &quotrush&quot of preparations and it didn’t interfere with the ongoing festival. The writing was good and I had the impression of progress pretty much every couple actions rather than feeling like I’m grinding forever to unlock the next interesting bit. Also, while it touched on lore that I’m yet unfamiliar with (I’m still rather new to the game I probably missed a lot of stuff and as I only treat myself to a little FATE every month it takes me forever to unlock the older content) I feel like I had just enough knowledge to make a choice that my character would make, which may turn out to be a horrible mistake later on but that’s bound to happen eventually when you deal with forces beyond your reckoning.

As for the actual choice I decided to alter the play to send the seed through, I tend to roleplay my character as someone who is into all the eldritch stuff and will sacrifice a lot for new knowledge, and is generally perfectly okay with leading people to a horrible fate… as long as it is their choice or consequence of their stupidity and recklessness (which of course is never going to happen to me), so I wasn’t too happy about the prospect of sacrificing the public (without a clear prospect of gain) but on the other hand wasn’t too pleased about potentially angering the plant’s &quotmasters&quot. In the end this seemed like the choice that would put me in good graces with the most parties (the manager, whom I found particularly endearing, will be happy with the play, the audience will enjoy the show while staying none the wiser, whoever is allied with the plant may at least perceive what I did as a gesture of good will, even the plant itself sorta got what it wanted and at least it is not suffering any more) while displeasing the least (the cat is probably angry with me, but eh)..

Has anyone actually drawn the epilogue card yet? I must have drawn well over a hundred cards now and not seen anything of it. In most of the previous ES I have played they have usually been pretty quick to arrive.

Still haven’t seen it. Though hearing that no one else has makes me wonder if it’s a bug

No epilogue here.

I’ll admit that my first, knee-jerk reaction, was utter horror at inviting them in or really anywhere near our reality. That I was helping a creation of theirs AND wildly sacrificing people put me firmly on the cat’s side.

Then I went and slept on it, listened a bit more on the plant’s side of things, and now I’m not quite so… angry. Might even send the seedling through.

Though I think what really changed my mind was the Director. That she rolls up her sleeves and sides with you when she’s aware of what it plans…? I’m kinda impressed. Probably going to take the middle road so she can have her time in the spotlight.
edited by Zoviir on 10/30/2016

This has been my favorite Exceptional story out of all those I’ve played. Brilliant, immersive writing. Loved the subject, and the two main characters, both flesh and vegetable, were wonderfully drawn.

Yeah, I enjoyed this one a lot, both because of the “King in Yellow” vibes and because I love everything to do with Parabola (I was very tempted to sacrifice the audience). It was also a nice twist from the previous two stories in the season, in that the Bluejacket’s story took a back seat to the main event.

Also, I did this pretty much back to back with Our Lady of Pyres, but since a month has passed between those two and Where You And I Must Go I feel kind of bad that I only have Fulfilling the Bluejacket’s Requests 25 (or whatever the quality’s called) when I gained 10 from each of these stories and 5 from Where You And I Must Go, like I’m kind of worried that from the beginning I locked myself out of the True Ultimate Ending of this season somehow.

Got Bluejack to 25, I’m gonna guess that the second half of the story wont give me the missing +5?

Also, does having the cosmogone glasses do anything for you in this story?
edited by Trilby on 11/2/2016

So… awful memory on my part, but can someone remind me what exactly happened with the bluejacket to begin with?

I do hope our friendship with the plant will not be forgotten, should any future Fingerking-related ESes come up in the future.

There’s something poetic to be said about seeds and friendship here, but for the life of me I can’t think of it.

[li]
From what I can infer from his tasks: He used to hunt lifebergs and visit exotic locations on the Elder Continent with his wife and mistress. Then he gained a curiosity for looking for Nothing Of Importance in the Unterzee, and when he tried to explore further his first mate ratted him out to the Admiralty. To atone for that, his son first traveled to the Avid Horizon to make attonement there before resigning himself to hunt down likeminded people in service to the Admiralty in exchange for convincing them to allow his father a relatively comfortable retirement. Soon afterwards or concurrently, his social life fell to shambles; one of his old fishing buddies got Donner Party’d by a particularly spiteful lifeberg and his mistress took to leading an animescence cult on a remote island mostly because it was better than having a midlife crisis.[/li][li]
edited by Hattington on 11/2/2016

And all lived happily ever after*

I thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of all 3 stories. Well the entirety I’ve seen, which is nearly the entire entirety! I’m assuming no one has yet to see the card to wrap up the story? I’d be very interested in hearing if it’s at least been seen! No need to give away anything it does. I’ve gone through a few hundred cards since, and have been trying to change locations each 10 or so in case it’s location specific. Think I’ll settle on the docks till I hear otherwise!

[quote=Revival Lake]And all lived happily ever after*

I thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of all 3 stories. Well the entirety I’ve seen, which is nearly the entire entirety! I’m assuming no one has yet to see the card to wrap up the story? I’d be very interested in hearing if it’s at least been seen! No need to give away anything it does. I’ve gone through a few hundred cards since, and have been trying to change locations each 10 or so in case it’s location specific. Think I’ll settle on the docks till I hear otherwise![/quote]

I have not seen the Epilogue card, though I can’t speak for anyone else, and I haven’t played as much as I sometimes have done.

I just got the Epilogue card, its called “An Epilogue:Where Ignorance is Bliss”. There may be different cards for different endings.