Notability and Making Waves

[quote=OPG]The formula (as found here) is Making Waves Required = 20 - (Bizarre + Dreaded + Respectable) + 4 * Current Notability[/quote]Thanks. I already saw that one, but they seemed a bit hesitant in the follow-up comments, so I wasn’t sure if it was entirely accurate or not.

This is pretty much why I stopped playing after being faithful to the game for years. They introduced this mechanic, and I went from my carefully built-up Making Waves of 60 to 0 in a matter of weeks. Months later, I now have 1 Notability (and a Salon), but absolutely no desire to figure out how to get any more.

It’s honestly pretty easy to build and maintain now. I used to grind MW for more than a week to reach Notability 5. Now, with a few schemes and some BDR gear, I’ve reached 5 again quite casually and expect to keep on growing.

You can reach and maintain enough notability for most everything nowadays simply by speding one candlestick a week on converting wine to honey in veilgarden and doing the odd opportunity card. Before the recent change however, it really did look nightmarish. Its actually very fortuitous for me, since I’ve just reached the point where notability is important.

You know, I think it might be worth it to give a shot at the revised Notability system. While not exactly a funny or entertaining mechanic, it’s much less taxing and frustrating than before - and I was one of the users most dissatisfied with the previous system, as people on the mIRC channel discovered in the worst way possible (I had a couple or half dozen of irate rants there XD).

I’m glad to find out that I’m not the only one who is questioning all of the effort that I’ve put into making waves only to have it disappear.