Noman's Progress

I’ve only played two options on this card and I love it already. Yes, let’s try to mold an ephemeral being into our own (preferred) image, knowing full well they won’t stay with us forever (and we’d only damage ourselves trying to keep them)! That’s not metaphorical of anything, no indeedy.

IS it a card? A storylet?

It’s an undiscardable opp card… can’t remember the frequency, but i’ve seen it three times today so far.

Card, as I said, with (IIRC) Abundant frequency.

I love it. I’m gonna be so sad when my Noman melts away into slush.

I think I saw something on the Tears of the Bazaar about fortifying no-men. It might help keep them around longer.

I wonder how much that will help. I’d try it but I’m unsure if you can increase Noman’s Friend above 100.

I hazarded a test, and it does seem as though you can raise the quality above 100. Used up a Tear on it, but now I’ve got it up to 117.

Does the tear do anything other than extend life?

Alexis: is this card a play on the 1732 engraving, &quotA Harlot’s Progress&quot?
edited by friendshipranger on 1/6/2014

Got my own Noman, and I just like the profoundness of the name. It’s literally what it’s called.

I haven’t drawn the card yet; what can one do with one’s slushy doppelganger on it?

Feed it our quirks, mostly. In exchange we get some decent item rewards and some truly exquisite lore.
edited by Ember on 1/7/2014

Are there any requirements for this card to show up? I haven’t seen it.

No, you just need a Noman.

Furthering my enjoyment of his nomenclature: &quotNoman knows.&quot

Reminds me of the movie My Name is Nobody.
[li]

[quote=Erik Vimes]Furthering my enjoyment of his nomenclature: &quotNoman knows.&quot

Reminds me of the movie My Name is Nobody.
[/quote][li]

Surely you mean &quotnomanclature&quot.

Well I just found out why the Noman is going to leave soon - my Noman’s Friend just dropped 28 levels when Time the Healer arrived.[li]

Edit to add - feeding it Tears of the Bazaar just gave me one level:(
edited by circe on 1/9/2014

Ah, I was wondering about that.
Based on those values an average life expectancy of a Noman should be 4 weeks.

One level for a Tear? That’s robbery (and maybe even a bug)!

[quote=circe]Well I just found out why the Noman is going to leave soon - my Noman’s Friend just dropped 28 levels when Time the Healer arrived.

Edit to add - feeding it Tears of the Bazaar just gave me one level:(
edited by circe on 1/9/2014[/quote]

Holy chrome, mine dropped 38 levels. Saddest face.

I don’t know if it is a bug or not. It isn’t something I am going to be doing again - even if I get the Presumptious Opportunity and convert Airag to Tears.