New Numismatrix Content

Yup. . . now it’s just a matter of luck waiting for the card you need to choose your faction. I went with Criminals. . . who do you plan on going with?

Most likely Hell, I tend to take their side on most things. The Rubbery men would be my second choice though.

Sadly the Rubbery Men have no interest in money.

Vixy: there is indeed an Aligned: Docks option on the Docks connections card. Title: Loaded Down, descriptive text: The Savage Docker has a thing or two to say about Foreign Trade.

I’m quite curious what that is, but can’t do anything about it, as I picked the Tomb-Colonists.

GOT IT!

Just cashed in 5 Marks of Credit for the musical instrument (goes in the weapon slot). here is what i got [[color=#ffffff]Consonant Violin: Persuasive +2 Respectable +1 – Said to have been played by the Consort when he first romanced the Empress at Kensington Palace[/color]] As far as I can tell, It’s the only weapon in the game that gives you a bonus to [[color=#ffffff]Respectable[/color]] so that’s nice.

Now i can go to sleep. . .

Seem to have encountered a terrible bug (which I’ve e-mailed Failbetter about, I just want to see if anyone else has got it) - all the options that require Spending Secrets/Counting the Days are locked, even though I meet the requirements. Even the Regretful Soldier one, which only needs SS 4, is locked. This is very frustrating, I want to play the new content!

I had to pull an all nighter for a clients project, so I had about 40 straight hours of flipping cards quickly in between graphical work.
And the subsequent time since.

Still no card to get me from 3 to 4 since I last posted. I seem to have damanably poor luck :(

I did 3 cycles of numismatrix already… i got “someone is coming” to 4 in t he first day. i have yet to see that card. Does it even exist?

I’ve been flipping for 5 days, and I haven’t gotten the ss3 to ss4 card either. Usually the new cards pop up within a day or so, not sure why this one is in hiding!

Just got mine - that took a while; now to finally explore the story

Finally had the Numismatrix show up. almost threw the card away because I though it was my aunt, lol

Ok, so I’m a little disappointed by one of the new cards. I got the “Long Arm of the Law” card, and chose the counting 0 option to enlist the help of Baseborn and Fowlingpiece. For 2 echoes worth of infernal contracts, it reduced my suspicion from 4 to 2. So, somewhere between 5 and 11 CP. Hopefully it’s more around 11 than 5.

Hmm. I have gotten the Numismatrix card and picked a faction that suits my artistic soul. I got to click on one of the Spending Secrets cards and had everything reset to 0.

However.

Now I don’t seem to be able to get up Counting the Days OR Spending Secrets, even when I tried to use the cards/options listed here. I am sad, and convinced that the Numistratrix does not understand the glory of art.

You aren’t even able to use the option on the Regretful Soldier? That seems to be one of the foundation options.

Hmm, my drum is more persuasive than the violin used to seduce the Empress. Off to make her swoon and become the new Prince Consort.

Nope. Headed over there, clicked the option, no change.

If this doesn’t change soon I shall report a bug – I really liked the bits of the storyline so far, and I really want to see where my support of arts against the powers of Church and Society et. al. take me.

What I’ve gathered on the ‘lock’ conditions:
There are distinct ranges of Counting the Days - 0 to 6, 6 to 10, 10 to 12, and 12 to 14 - each of which with options that can only be taken within that range. Most options lock at CtD 14, where you can only wait for the ‘cash-in’ card.
Then there are other actions that are locked for unclear reasons - the one in Unusual Competition at the Shuttered Palace is locked for the soulless (I can verify that); the Hunting for Curios one probably unlocks for the Society faction (intelligent guess from the description).

I don’t know why some supposedly Faction-locked actions (dice games at Wolfstack Docks) are open to other factions than the one specified (Tomb-Colonists are also accepted there). Perhaps some factions are closer than others?

[quote=Esterhazy]What I’ve gathered on the ‘lock’ conditions:
There are distinct ranges of Counting the Days - 0 to 6, 6 to 10, 10 to 12, and 12 to 14 - each of which with options that can only be taken within that range. Most options lock at CtD 14, where you can only wait for the ‘cash-in’ card.
Then there are other actions that are locked for unclear reasons - the one in Unusual Competition at the Shuttered Palace is locked for the soulless (I can verify that); the Hunting for Curios one probably unlocks for the Society faction (intelligent guess from the description).[/quote]

Okay, so here’s my problem. I have Counting the Days 14, and as far as I can tell nothing at all is unlocked for me. “Talk about robbery” at the University doesn’t work, neither does the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer. Nor can I use the ‘cash-in’ card, because I only have A Pocketful of Loose Change 3.

There should be a couple of unlocked options on the cash-in card - to be specific, ‘A sack of coins’ and ‘Fencing certain coins’, each of which will reset CtD. If those are locked, then that certainly sounds like a bug. I’ve only ever hit that card with Loose Change at 5+ (and successfully traded it in) or at 0 (after trading it in, which bizarrely leaves CtD intact), so maybe that’s the problem.

Ok, after not being able to do anything with Counting the Days no matter what card I clicked, I got a Spending Secrets card which told me my Spending Secrets is at 4 (although I haven’t been able to raise it) and offered me the opportunity to make an honest deal with a friend, or cheat the friend miserably. Unfortunately, only three of my delightful London acquaintances were listed as having an even remote interest in this deal, and two of those appear to be in Questionable Circumstances, unable to make deals at all. Tsk, Tsk, my London acquaintances. What scandals and suspicions HAVE you been up to, asks the person who essentially has the entire Tomb Colonies area memorized by this point. Ahem.

Anyway, I made the deal, and now I seem to have the Counting the Days quality back. However, the Regretful Soldier is still doing nothing for me except for tidbits of whispered secrets and rats. And after all I’ve done for him. Not just Regretful, but Ungrateful. Anyway, I think my best bet is to just stick with grinding for an Overgoat and wait for more cards to come.