New Numismatrix Content

So here is what I’ve found so far:

To begin this content you’ll either get The Numismatrix opportunity card, or go to the Local Gossip in your lodgings. Either way it will cost you 11 Appalling Secrets. Once you arrange this meeting you’ll be put on a timer, when the Numismatrix is ready for you you’ll receive a message from her, this takes about a week it seems. After you’ve had this meeting your Spending Secrets quality will be at a 3; in order to raise SS to a 4 you’ll need to wait for another opportunity card that forces you to pick a faction from the following list [[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]The Constables, Society, The Church, The Bohemians, The Great Game, The Docks, The Urchins, Criminals, Hell, Revolutionaries, Or Tomb Colonists.[/color]] The card is not location specific and it’s just your luck that determines how long it takes you to find it.

Once your Spending Secrets is raised to a 4 use the cards below to raise your “Counting the Days” and “Loose Change” quality to a 14. This will unlock the Card “Secrets and Spending” which you can use to cash in your loose change. Then you need to get “Secrets and Spending” a second time to reset your CtD and start the process over.
[i]

[/i]
NOTE: unless otherwise indicated all of the following cards also require “Spending Secrets 4”
A “*” next to an “Aligned: Faction” means that this may be a typo. Flavor Text seems to disagree with the requirement.

Counting the Days Storylets:

• An Unusual Wager (Card) - CtD 0 [/li][li]Visit your acquaintance, the Regretful Soldier (Watchmaker’s Hill) - Counting the Days 0[/li][li]Visit your acquaintance, the Repentant Forger (Veilgarden) - CtD 6[/li][li]Hunting for Curios (The Forgotten Quarter) - CtD 6[/li][li]Visit your acquaintance, the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer (Spite) - CtD 10[/li][li]An unusual competition (Shuttered Palace) - CtD 10[/li][li]Visit your acquaintance, the Wry Functionary (Shuttered Palace) - CtD 12[/li][li]Shadowy dealings at the University (The University) - CtD 12, Master Thief Light-fingered

Alignment Storylets:

• Dice games on the quayside (Wolfstack Docks) - Aligned Bohemians*[/li][li]Learn from Churchmen (Card) - Aligned: Church[/li][li]Fun with the Fisher-Kings (Flit) - Aligned: Urchins[/li][li]Learn new tricks from the Constables (Card) - Aligned: Constables[/li][li]Learn from the Bandaged Men and Women (Card) - Aligned: Tomb Colonists[/li][li]Learn how to Operate in Polite Society (Card) - Aligned: Society[/li][li]Learn about the Coming Revolution (Card) - Aligned: Revolutionaries[/li][li]Learn Some Infernal Tricks (Card) - Aligned: Hell

Other Cards:

• The Awful Temptation of Money (Bronze Card) - Enables a Social Action related to “Loose Change”[/li][li]A Restorative (Card) - CtD 6 OR CtD 10, Glim 75, OR Aligned: Urchins*, CtD 12[/li][li]An Afternoon of Good Deeds (Card) - CtD 0 and Subtle 1 OR CtD 10, OR CtD 12 [/li][li]The Law’s Long Arm (Card) - CtD 0 and Infernal Contracts 10, OR CtD 6 OR CtD 12 and Aligned: Bohemians*[/li][li]Graffiti with a Sting (Card) - CtD 10, it could go either way [/li][li]A Moment’s Peace (Card) - CtD 0, Honey 50 OR CtD 0 OR CtD 6 OR CtD 10

This all seems to lead you to the card “Secrets and Spending” which unlocks with CtD 14 It allows you to (spoilers) [ [color=#ffffff]Trade in at least 4 ranks in the “A Pocketful of Loose Change” quality (which is then reset) for a Mark of Credit. The card also gives you three different options to trade in your mark of credit once you have one[/color][color=#ffffff] (one that requires Aligned: Criminals, One for Aligned: Bohemians, and one that doesn’t require an Alignment): It also allows you to trade in 5 marks of credit for a [/color][color=#ffffff]Consonant Violin[/color][color=#ffffff]. T[/color][color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]here are also some other options that don’t entail having any “A Pocket Ful of Loose Change” One of these options rewards you with 333 Surface Currency (worth 9.99 echoes) and then resets your CtD quality so that you can pursue more “Loose Change”. The other resets your CtD quality rewards you with 20 First City Coins (worth 5 echoes) and requires Connected: Criminals 10. [/color]]

I’ll add to the list as I find more. What have you found so far?

edited by WintersNight on 4/7/2012
edited by WintersNight on 4/10/2012

Learn how to operate in polite society - Coffee and exclamation
The Bristling Financier has had enough. Go within his orbit at Caligula’s Coffee House and he’ll tell you why.
SS 4
Aligned: Society

Learn about the coming revolution - Taking a walk down gin lane
The Veteran Anarchist is far into his cups. He might say something reckless.
SS 4
Aligned: Revolutionaries
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 4/5/2012

[color=00ffff]14’s as high as it goes right now. Once it’s at 14 you become eligible for a new opportunity card that will let you claim rewards.[/color]

Just got a new Bronze Bordered Card - “The Awful Temptation of Money” unlocked with Spending Secrets 4 – but both options on the card are locked and it doesn’t say why.

is this a bug?

I’m in a similar state. The numismatrix gave me ss3, but all the new options seem to require the quality to be at 4.

Eventually a card will come up that forces you to choose a faction to Align yourself with. Once you do that you need to raise your Counting the Days quality and your Pocketful of Loose Change qualities.

Also, I just learned how to reset Counting the Days and updated the spoilers section in the first post to reflect this new knowledge.

[color=00ffff]Nuh-uh.[/color] :)

[color=00ffff]Nuh-uh.[/color] :)[/quote]

And the race to be the first to find out has begun!

(I’m LOVING this new content, my sincerest compliments. It really ties together a lot of the new mechanics into a nice package that serves to give a greater sense of depth to the story. really makes you feel like your involved in something secretive. One question, about how old is the Numismatrix supposed to be? You’ve used the “Old Lady” art for her, but her textual descriptions make me envision a younger woman.)

So after the first visit you just have to wait for a card to raise the stat to 4?

As far as i can tell. . . Yup

Argh. Seems there’s something for every Alignment but The Docks. Has anyone seen a card/storylet for that?

Edit: Additional tidbit for your post: the Hunting for Curios option says it’s CtD 6 and SS 4, but I have both of those and it still says Locked. Don’t know if it’s a bug, or if the 6 is a typo and you actually need higher (I was trying it at 8 and it was locked)
edited by vixy on 4/5/2012

recently got The Awful Temptation of Money card that gave the option to deal either honestly or cheat someone. I picked honestly, but only one person showed on the list of peeps to select for the honor of being thus dealt with. So I’m guessing the reason your options were locked is because you didn’t have friends who met the qualifications needed to participate in the action

Oh! Is the Hunting for Curios one of the social-action ones?

No. Perhaps you should send in a bug report.

Oh! I forgot, for WintersNight to add to the list:

The cards for The Long Arm of the Law, A Restorative, and A Moment’s Peace, all contain multiple options now that increase Spending the Days. I think they all have three new options; one that needs an Alignment and two that don’t.

The only card still in my hand is A Restorative:
An exclusive dinner party (CtD 6, SS 4)
The Itinerant Physician (75 Glim, CtD 10, SS 4)
Can you be so unwise? (Aligned: Urchins, CtD 12, SS 4)

I played the other two before I saw this post, I’m afraid, but they were formatted similarly.

The dice games option in the docks might say it requires Bohemian, but allowed me to play it with my alliance with the Docks. I gained a Pocketful of Loose Change (for real this time, not like my troubles with the login link) and counting the days.

[quote=vixy]Oh! I forgot, for WintersNight to add to the list:

The cards for The Long Arm of the Law, A Restorative, and A Moment’s Peace, all contain multiple options now that increase Spending the Days. I think they all have three new options; one that needs an Alignment and two that don’t.

The only card still in my hand is A Restorative:
An exclusive dinner party (CtD 6, SS 4)
The Itinerant Physician (75 Glim, CtD 10, SS 4)
Can you be so unwise? (Aligned: Urchins, CtD 12, SS 4)

I played the other two before I saw this post, I’m afraid, but they were formatted similarly.[/quote]

Added! I’ll wait for details on the other cards before adding them.

I’ve already gotten 1 [[color=#ffffff]Mark of Credit[/color]] and I’m back up to 14 Loose Change. Anyone have more than 1 MoC yet?

I have Aligned: The Docks and it says Locked for me.

strange, it let me click when I said it did and that’s how I finally got my first pocketful of change point. but now that you said it’s locked for you I looked again and sure enough it’s not letting me. quite certain that it’s at least supposed to be a dock aligned action though

Found another! The Law’s Long Arm card:

Unleash Baseborn and Fowlingpiece (10 Infernal Contracts, SS 4)
Lay a false trail (CtD 6, SS 4)
Make sure nobody is telling tales (Aligned: Bohemians, CtD 12, SS 4)

(Edited to fix card title)