New Numismatrix Content

How long does it take for the Card to pop up to ‘choose an alignment’, (I’m currently still on Spending Secrets 3), and does it not appear in certain locations?

No specific location is needed, only patience. Sadly you are dependent upon luck to deliver you the card.

It can take some time. I’m still waiting for mine too. Still, it means that I have an idea what to do with it once it arrives. My only real issue is deciding which faction to align with.

Which ones have you narrowed it down to?

I haven’t turned up anything for Aligned with Hell yet, has anyone?

Odd thing I’ve noticed: there’s an Aligned: Bohemians option on the Learn From Bohemians card, and also at Wolfstack Docks and in the Law’s Long Arm card. From the content and context, I’m guessing that the latter two should actually only be available to those with Aligned: Docks and Aligned: Criminals, respectively.

Perhaps the Failbetter staff just really like Bohemians.

Though your theory is more likely. But the idea of a bunch of poets and artists scaring dockers and criminals into obedience is great.

“Back off or I’ll write an unflattering sonnet!”

Reminds me of the story of Quentin Crisp getting mugged, and convincing his attackers to stop hitting him with a well-timed witticism. Not quite fierce, is it?

If this is the case, I expect that we should be allowed to use Persuasive instead of Dangerous in the next Knife and Candle.

“I see your point.

Depending on your skill your opponent either stabs you worse for the awful pun or groans themselves to death.

Melee Island Insult Swordfighting! Perfect!

It sounds like some of the “Bohemians” requirements are actually for a range of values, perhaps the less savory factions. Aligned: Great Game lets you take the one at the Docks, for instance.

So if it’s not a bug, it’s more of a UI issue, since they don’t have a good way of communicating the maximum value of a ranged requirement. (Random idea off the top of my head: if Bohemians is 110, maybe make the ranged requirements 105, and give that level a new name like “Someone off the beaten path”? Or would that just be more confusing?)

I say, what a good idea.

Another card: An Afternoon of Good Deeds?
New options on the card:
Blame someone else for your sins: CtD 12, SS 4. (Interestingly, I have CtD 14, and the card says it is a modest challenge for my Counting the Days quality. Oooh, and when I choose this option, my CtD does increase above 14!)
Quite a moral afternoon. Let’s make sure it’s appreciated: old option, but now requres SS 4 and Subtle 1.
Hide from those who would hound you: CtD 10, SS 4.

Just edited the list again. added a section to the spoilers so you may want to give it a read again. I’m up to 3 Marks of Credit :-) Has anyone cashed in a MoC yet?

[quote=vixy]Another card: An Afternoon of Good Deeds?
New options on the card:
Blame someone else for your sins: CtD 12, SS 4. (Interestingly, I have CtD 14, and the card says it is a modest challenge for my Counting the Days quality. Oooh, and when I choose this option, my CtD does increase above 14!)
Quite a moral afternoon. Let’s make sure it’s appreciated: old option, but now requres SS 4 and Subtle 1.
Hide from those who would hound you: CtD 10, SS 4.[/quote]

From what Chris Said earlier, I tend to think you stumbled across a bug. Has anyone else experienced this?

It seems the Numismatrix is avoiding me like the plague. After that snafu with the clocks and missing her message for a meeting, she appears to be taking it personally, and is no where to be found. sigh

What happend exactly? Have you tried going back to the local gossip?

I got the message from the Numismatrix during that whole timer problem a few days ago, did the story when it started working again, and I haven’t seen her since.

I’d go check the Gossip now, if I wasn’t working my way out of the Mirror Marshes (tracking the name is starting to become a pain).

[quote=Myke Harryson]I got the message from the Numismatrix during that whole timer problem a few days ago, did the story when it started working again, and I haven’t seen her since.

I’d go check the Gossip now, if I wasn’t working my way out of the Mirror Marshes (tracking the name is starting to become a pain).[/quote]

What is your Spending Secrets quality at?

3, which I believe is the step right before choosing a faction, correct?