New Legacies - what do you think?

That would be amazing.

If you could write something about them yourself as well, like a little ‘biography box’, I think that would help with remembering characters long ago.

This guy ate like tons of people. I mean like wow! And he did some other stuff too.

I like MidnightVoyager’s idea about the chart. Or even reversed: the chart is black, fragment collection works as normal, but the name of ports are labelled in the blackness on or near their locations. Easily justified in the story as your correspondant having told you the names and locations of these places, but never having seen them yourself.

I like that idea for the maps.

[color=#0066ff]Sapphire is now out (on Steam, Humble to follow), has anyone had a play with the legacies in-game yet? [/color]

I will be posting about it soon! Hoping for the best ^^;

[li]

[color=#0066ff]Excellent![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Additionally, you can now conceive and raise a child in Sunless Sea, which (should you convince them to follow you to sea) will unlock the Scion legacy advantage. [/color]

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Excellent![/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Additionally, you can now conceive and raise a child in Sunless Sea, which (should you convince them to follow you to sea) will unlock the Scion legacy advantage. [/color][/quote]

You are my hero. I cannot wait. ^^:

[li]

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]Excellent![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Additionally, you can now conceive and raise a child in Sunless Sea, which (should you convince them to follow you to sea) will unlock the Scion legacy advantage. [/color][/quote]

It’s going to be incredibly awkward when my child, raised in a mansion, is somehow still an urchin, in addition to being both my rival and my pupil.

Still not live on HumbleBundle, right?

My main character died: the system works well, although I miss my Serpentine.

Ach! I forgot. There is something of an error, although the system works fine. In the actual legacies page, the one you showed us, under Starting Stats the stats do not behave as expected. My Irons was over 100, but when I chose the option that boosted Irons, the number became a measly 27: just 2 above the rest. Once in-game, however, the issue was fixed.

I like the idea of the Correspondent, but I think that the map should be preserved in its entirety, you should still get the bonus for seeing things when you first go to a place (after all, you’ve never been there), but that of all the things that I could have had left behind, would be the one.

I got my Scion so have now tried the new Legacy System. I like it on the whole and I think it is fair enough that you don’t get all of one of the stats from the previous Captain.

I chose Hearts as one of my options as I wanted to take an Officer and was a bit disappointed that the Frost Moth wasn’t one of the options to carry over to my heir (I don’t know if any of the others were not available but I don’t think so). The First Curator’s Quest isn’t one of my favourite stories as I find getting Fingerking’s tricky and I don’t really like getting the Cannibal taint. But I took the Magician instead and got the Serpentine engine without having to play through his story as the chance of finding the needed item at Venderbight is so low that it can take a while to get to that point in the game. For example my last captain had upgraded the Campaigner and completed the Principles quest before finding it.

I like having money in the bank so chose Veils as my other option. Both stats and the money worked as expected.

Now all I am waiting for is to see when the other items that can be part of the legacy are introduced into the game. But basically I think it does make the game easier to not have to start from scratch.

So far I think the new system is really exciting! The options are pretty expansive. I’m hoping to record a family history at this point.

[li]

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Here’s a preview of the new legacies options which are due to go into game with the next release.

This should make it easier to raise cash in the early game, among other things.

What do you think? :)[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Edit: blue-ing.[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 11/25/2014[/quote]

Personally, I really like the new options. I think they establish SS as a more roguelike game.

[li]

This is so awesome that i should ask the Fingerking to resurrect my last captain.

The Daring Underzailing of Daphne & Drownie Dad!

I think you just opened Pandora’s box… is anyone out there even a little curious about whether old captains will ever be &quotresurrected&quot by the Fingerking? Perhaps by some legendary quest of some sort… tee hee hee hee…

[li][/li][li]
edited by SouthSea Rutherby on 12/2/2014

[quote=SouthSea Rutherby]
is anyone out there even a little curious about whether old captains will ever be &quotresurrected&quot by the Fingerking? Perhaps by some legendary quest of some sort… tee hee hee hee…[/quote]

I just remembered that one of the ambitions to be developed is &quotMy father´s bones&quot

Nitpick - could we please change it in a more unisex term, like &quotMy mentor (parent / enemy / whatever)´s bones?&quot[li]
edited by Mizr. Edlaine Saphburgh on 12/2/2014