New Forums Software: Your Thoughts

I don’t really like it, feels like it has been Reddit-ized.

There is a lack of background contrast to differentiate between a post and its neighbouring posts.

Not a fan of infinite scroll, at least make it an option.

I noticed that it now takes three clicks to log out as you dive into the nested menu.

Avatar icon > Preferences icon > Log Out

Typical form over feature, aesthetics over practicality. :smile:

I have never clicked the Logout button on purpose, not even once. No need to use prime real estate for a button that’s not all that useful at the end of the day.

3 Likes

I made the mistake of accepting a log-in link, and now it won’t let me set a password or create an account. Can someone let me know how to get out of this loop, please? Or is it ye olde log-in linke every time now. That wouldn’t be good.

Try going to your preferences and clicking ‘Security’ - that should have the password options.

Thanks. For others’ information: it does not allow you to set a password, but sends an email with a link, which then lets you set one. That is the same process as on the original sign-in page, where the email was, in fact, never sent.
I hope this gets better.

:milky_way: :nazar_amulet: :last_quarter_moon:

Oh, we can do this now? So that’s a thing. Does anyone know if I can stop my name being one run-on phrase and put spaces in it and stuff? Oddly of all things, name customisation seems to have been sharply cut back on.

PSA: Adding Profile Links

You can add the URL to your profile under “Website.”

This will add a clickable link to your profile in several places, including the mouse-over pop-up for your avatar next to your posts. Not quite as streamlined as links-in-signatures, but pretty accessible for anyone who wants to find it.

How to do this on Desktop: Click your avatar in the upper-right, click “preferences” (the person icon) and the select “Preferences” (the gear icon). Under “Profile,” there is a field for “Web Site [sic].”

1 Like

The time zone selector lists Toronto as a city in America, how terribly rude!

For aesthetics, why not make the forum similar to the layout of the game itself? Color scheme, fonts etc.

Also, if a forum thread is super long, the vertical scroll bar on the right isn’t really helpful for retrieving information.

America will annex Toronto.

Whereas people in South America sometimes get annoyed if you say that their country is not in America

Is the Log in with Discord / Connect a Discord button in the settings broken for anyone else?

It seems that it doesn’t like 2-letter usernames :pensive:

Poor mp1, reduced from their former glory as a twoletter dachshund

Discord login isn’t working for me either.

Also—I posted this to make sure my Profile link worked. Thanks PSGarak.

My own Avatar, as well the Avatar of other uses that share the same picture (e.g. @asarta), appear to me to have a reddish background instead of whatever you call that color in the normal Player-Avatar icons (it seems to resemble Gant). Is this an intentional feature to disambiguate players, or did something just happen to my/our pictures?

I’m not complaining, mind. The representation of my character was unaccountably altered while being translated from one firmament to another. At this point I’m quite used to rolling with it when that happens. But I’m honestly curious what the heck happened.

2 Likes

We’ve all turned evil evidently. But yeah, I noticed that as well

In my opinion the Bazaar is evil!

Is there much of anything in the Neath that isn’t evil?