NEW CONTENT: THE GIFT

Purchased! :D

There is literally no chance I’m not going to turn around after reading this thread. <3

EDIT: Also, I’ve been excited to know about this since apparently finishing Nocturnal Visit to the Palace Cellars! Out of curiosity, does your Visit level (1 - 5) alter any of this content?
edited by thedeadlymoose on 12/24/2014

I’m having a bunch of fun just running up and down the tunnels seeing if there are any options I hadn’t run across. I think I got everything, but no harm in checking.

So the Lodgings and Into the Cellar options appear to have remained after finishing (I think?) the story - is there more to it?

Very enjoyable content! Great job, guys.

[quote=ashdenej]So the Lodgings and Into the Cellar options appear to have remained after finishing (I think?) the story - is there more to it?

Very enjoyable content! Great job, guys.[/quote]
The Cellar and Lodging options are gone for me, so I’m assuming you haven’t finished.

Well, I just finished this content (made a special Nex purchase 'cause I was 3 short of 30).

Not disappointed in the slightest! I love this little glance at the Royal Family, and…

I don’t care what shape Alfred is; he’s a good man. Long Live the King.

An excellent Nex investment, so far as I’m concerned. The walk through the Cellars alone was worth the cost. And that business with the fancy lock… MYSTERIES REVEALED! WITH SCIENCE!! CRYPTOLOGICAL SCIENCE!!! Also bad decisions. VERY bad decisions…

[quote=Rackenhammer]Well, I just finished this content (made a special Nex purchase 'cause I was 3 short of 30).

Not disappointed in the slightest! I love this little glance at the Royal Family, and…

I don’t care what shape Alfred is; he’s a good man. Long Live the King.
[/quote]
About that…

You may be thinking of the Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

Well, I’m just saying that if/when it comes time to decide succession… I know what faction I’m putting my Notability Behind…

This was definitely, without a doubt, the best bit of Fate Locked content that I have purchased thus far.

I agree with the Consensus- this is splendid. Quite a long story, too! Even powering through it at level cap, it took a while. A good while. A FUN while, especially given some of the suspicions about, among other things, [spoiler] the place Beneath the Palace, the Royal Family, and the Bazaar’s Daughter it makes less cloudy.

Also, on that note, the New Sequence [/spoiler] is one new Mystery on my radar…even if I haven’t ran into A.E. yet.
edited by friendshipranger on 12/25/2014

Ah, well, quite… Though perhaps such things are better not spoken of too much. Or in public.

I’m intrigued about this &quotNew Sequence&quot and what it means… and if it ties in at all with (or against) the Presbyrate intrigues with the admiralty. Sadly I did not make an acquaintance of the Captivating Princess in years past, and I suspect I’m missing some content there.

And the bit about the Bazaar’s daughter was new to me… The Mountain… Revelation and true immortality? The implications are as staggering as they are mindboggling!

edited by Pnakotic on 12/25/2014

Yes - it can affect, in a minor way, one encounter you can have during your journey. The Gift was a direct response to forum-goers asking for more about that story. So keep talking about the things you like and want to see more of! We’re always listening.

Er. Not in a sinister way. In a good way.

I’ll just add my voice to others to say this is excellent content, and Nex well spent.

The writing is fantastic and I’m sure it will give me plenty of nightmares in days to come (and I don’t mean just in-game Nightmares). Serves me right for being curious about the Royal Children and the palace cellars…

Well done FBG.

The Gift was fantastic! I played it through with two different characters and have basically been doing cartwheels all day. Metaphorical ones, you understand. Metaphorical mind cartwheels.

[quote=Chris Gardiner]So keep talking about the things you like and want to see more of! We’re always listening.[/quote]Well, the one request I have about this new content is this: can the new opportunity cards be discardable?

I love the new content and I’m very glad I’ve played it. But as someone who tried to keep his card deck as trim as I can, having one additional standard frequency card is noticeable, and making it non-discardable is annoying. I can’t believe I would choose to play this particular card often, so after the first few times it becomes just clatter.

Just finished the story! That was pretty exciting. Definitely looking forward to seeing the card I just earned.

[quote=dov]]Well, the one request I have about this new content is this: can the new opportunity cards be discardable?

I love the new content and I’m very glad I’ve played it. But as someone who tried to keep his card deck as trim as I can, having one additional standard frequency card is noticeable, and making it non-discardable is annoying. I can’t believe I would choose to play this particular card often, so after the first few times it becomes just clatter.[/quote]

I think it was referring to the new storylet in your lodgings? There might be an opp. card too, but I haven’t drawn it yet.

The opportunity card I got (after deciding to let the Prodigy do her… thing) is a non-discardable standard frequency card.

And I’ve just received the card again, and this time it was discardable! Much appreciated!

So, do we have the chance to receive the new home comfort the “Mostly Stuffed Bound Shark” from this new Fate-Locked Gift Storylet? I just wanted to be sure, I am extremely excited by the prospect of such a piece of decor in my lounge :)