NEW CONTENT: THE BLEMMIGAN AFFAIR

But if I mark &quottitles only&quot and select to restrict the search to Fallen London, I get 0 results.

Donā€™t restrict it to Fallen London.
Using that function reveals no results when searching for the word &quotThe.&quot
&quotTitles Only&quot and &quoteverywhere&quot should have this thread at the bottom of the list.

The forum search seems to be run by the Ministry of Public Decency, and thereby obscures anything you might find useful. Instead, using Google to search just this site with serve you better. For example:

site:community.failbettergames.com/ blemmigan

You can also use quotes or other advanced search protocols to further narrow your results, like:

site:community.failbettergames.com/ ā€œThe Blemmigan Affairā€

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]
Using that function reveals no results when searching for the word &quotThe.&quot
&quotTitles Only&quot and &quoteverywhere&quot should have this thread at the bottom of the list.[/quote]

That is true at the moment because of our recent postings. Earlier when I tried it, it evidently fell off the limited-to-5 list.

Search engines typically have a list of short common words they ignore like &quotthe&quot, &quotas&quot, &quotand&quot etc, because they are useless for searching.

If I leave Titles only checked and select &quotFallen London&quot (or anything else Iā€™ve tried) from the drop down it gives 0 results. So that functionality is simply broken. If the results are limited to 5, that kind of motivates one to want to use any such filter available, no?

Personally, if I were Failbetter, Iā€™d consider replacing this search with a link to google or such with a site qualifier. A search that lies is worse than no search at all.

1 Like

[quote=ericjs][quote=Nigel Overstreet]
&quotTitles Only&quot and &quoteverywhere&quot should have this thread at the bottom of the list.[/quote]
If I leave Titles only checked and select &quotFallen London&quot (or anything else Iā€™ve tried) from the drop down it gives 0 results. So that functionality is simply broken.
[/quote]

I think the problem there is that it searches for topics within the main forum Fallen London and ignores the subforums. If you select The Bazaar instead youā€™ll find this thread.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]
I think the problem there is that it searches for topics within the main forum Fallen London and ignores the subforums. If you select The Bazaar instead youā€™ll find this thread.[/quote]
Hmm, you are right. Iā€™d swear Iā€™d tried that and had gotten 0, but perhaps I had selected the wrong subforum.

Just came to the part where I choose between the three options. Would be ever so appreciative if someone would care to PM me the results. Many thanks in advance!

1 Like