NEW CONTENT: THE BLEMMIGAN AFFAIR

[color=#ff9900]Delicious, Feasting friends! We have just released a new story in Fallen London: the Blemmigan Affair, available for 30 Nex.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]A fungal fad sweeps London. Morel-strings garland the lamp-posts. Blemmigans roam the streets. Who is behind this mushroomy mania, and does it hide a darker intent? The Blemmigan Affair is a mischievous story featuring blemmigans, a perilous expedition into Bugsby’s Marshes, and inappropriately racy fungal-themed poetry![/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]The story is intended for newcomers to Fallen London, but experienced players can enjoy it too. It is the work of Richard Cobbett, who - in addition to his extensive and insightful games critique - wrote Saviours Rocks and the Empire of Hands in Sunless Sea.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]The Blemmigan Affair is themed to fit with the Feast of the Rose, but will continue to be available from the Fate page after the Feast is over. You can begin the story using the gold &quotAn Escaped Blemmigan&quot storylet, available throughout London.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
edited by Chris Gardiner on 4/28/2015

Ooooh! Really fun so far! How steamy, how absolutely SCANDALOUS! And with a cute tie-in to Sunless Sea, too :D
edited by Marcus of the Mangrove College on 2/27/2015

Congratulations, Mr. Cobbet. :)

Hm, looks like another Nex Purchase is in the cards for me. Looking forward to reading this one!

I wish to read more player comments before purchasing the new content.

It did clarify what I was doing in sunless sea with Blemmigans.

I didn’t profit that much from it, but it was fun.

1 Like

Slightly disappointed that it doesn’t let the Anxious Auditor from the Face Trade give some recognition. Otherwise enjoying it so far, although I am in the middle of it and haven’t finished everything yet.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 2/27/2015

That was great but I am not stumped as to what final choice to make. I am definitely not going to go with the Auditor option. But between the other two I can’t make my mind up…

I love the new story. Thank you. And now I have a new hat to boot!

Do I lose my hand of opportunity cards upon entering Bugsby’s Marshes?

No, you keep your cards

[color=rgb(17, 17, 17)][/color][quote=]Oh, and oddly few puns. They were there, once, but Failbetter shot them with a special fungal-pun destroying laser. (It was their morel imperative. As was removing a line about someone sampling a moist clitocybe nuda. Shockingly racy mushroom poetry indeed!)[/quote][color=rgb(17, 17, 17)][/color]
http://www.richardcobbett.com/codex/fallen-london-the-blemmigan-affair/

So here begins the campaign for the return of fungus-puns and Latin innuendo.

And, perhaps more importantly, what is this ‘new hat’?

I absolutely loved it.
These last three Fate locked stories have been absolutely outstanding. A clear choice with clear and permanent consequences.
Brilliant.

I definitely enjoyed this one. I’m curious what comes of the other choices. (Deep in my heart, I’m a poet, so…)

[quote=yetanotherone]

So here begins the campaign for the return of fungus-puns and Latin innuendo.

And, perhaps more importantly, what is this ‘new hat’?[/quote]

Most of the options don’t give a unique reward, but one foes give you a friendly new hat (great stats for a new starter). You can see the hat on my profile.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/RandomWalker
edited by RandomWalker on 2/28/2015

Do the other endings not have such an item? That’s a shame! Still, a great story - I feel a little more blemmigany for having played it.

I haven’t tried all the endings, just three of them. One of them hinted you might come away with an item, maybe. All the rewards I’ve seen have been generous, and they’ve each added an extra option to a connected card that apparently scales with stats.
edited by RandomWalker on 2/28/2015

1 Like

[color=#ff9900]One ending gives a unique item, one gives a point of a rare and sought-after quality, one is more financially rewarding. Each ending also unlocks a unique new branch on a Connected card, the results of which scale with a stat. So there’s quite a mix, there![/color]

1 Like

Just wanted to voice my appreciation for how the recent three stories (Face Trade, The Gift, Blemmigan) have little economic hurdles so I feel much more comfortable making the choices based on what I want to do instead of how much profit to recoup expenses.

By the way, is the Blemmigan storyline not resettable? It seems a little odd because the other two storyline do have the option for reset.

edited by Estelle Knoht on 2/28/2015

I would really appreciate it if anyone could message me what rare and sought-after quality gets a point and what Connected cards get the new branches (I’m assuming one is the Bohemians).

Thanks!