NEW CONTENT: AMBITION NEMESIS UPDATE

[color=#ff9900]Delicious all, the continuation of the Nemesis Ambition is now live! [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]We’ll be releasing this in two parts: the first today and the second tomorrow. Today, scour Scathewick’s accounts for leads on who ordered the murder that began your quest. Who is Cumberbold? What is Gloriana? Why are your investigations into a scrawled Correspondence sigil attracting such attention? And beware: a pair of familiar figures work to foil your investigation…[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]

[color=#ff9900]To continue the story, look for a new storylet available throughout London. And come back tomorrow to follow the red trail and unmask your Nemesis![/color]

Ooh, how wonderful! Once the Christmas festivities are over, Zero’s going to have to hurry up and gather the last couple things he needs to take advantage of this (he still has to take a trip to Hunter’s Keep and then get a thing from the Numismatrix). I’m sure that whatever happens, it’ll be very stressful for Zero, which is just fine by me.

I just want Failbetter to appreciate how much I’m flipping out right now. Just. So much flipping out. I had assumed Nemesis would be delayed till the New Year! But, no!! It’s here!! Now!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hhhhhhhhhhHHHHHH

(No need for Flyte to read this, he will receive plenty of my elongated meaningless syllables and too many exclamation points in IRC no doubt. Pity him. Pity poor poor suffering Flyte.)

[quote=deadcrystal]I just want Failbetter to appreciate how much I’m flipping out right now. Just. So much flipping out. I had assumed Nemesis would be delayed till the New Year! But, no!! It’s here!! Now!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hhhhhhhhhhHHHHHH

(No need for Flyte to read this, he will receive plenty of my elongated meaningless syllables and too many exclamation points in IRC no doubt. Pity him. Pity poor poor suffering Flyte.)[/quote]

I was going to post the exact same thing, character for character.

Christmas Cards, the Advent Calendar, Ambition: Nemesis updating, Mr. Sacks (presumably) around the corner. After a month of goat farming the world has suddenly become extremely exciting and interesting. Can’t wait to delve into this mystery.

So excited to see this happening. Just need to give Madison a little while to heal from her Correspondence study first (though judging from the mention of Correspondence investigation in the ambition itself I wonder if it was a good thing I had her get to 20 when I did).

I noticed the storylet this morning and shrieked very quietly into my tea. Loving it so far.
edited by the_antichris on 12/4/2014
edited by the_antichris on 12/4/2014

[color=#ff9900]Part two of the Nemesis update is now live! [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]You near the end of your quest. Piece together the puzzle and learn - finally - who arranged the murder of your loved one. You’ll need ingenuity, determination and courage. Will you brave the Rice-Paper Corridor? Can you overcome the Living Poison? Dare you open the Daybook?[/color]

[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]Good luck![/color]

[color=#ff9900]Er. Yes. I don’t think you’ll regret that decision.[/color]

Loved it though I might have taken my Nemesis character through it a bit too quickly, she should probably have card flipped more during the investigations to see the card that was mentioned.

I flipped a lot of cards and never got it :(

I flipped a lot of cards and never got it :([/quote]
[color=#ff9900]You can also access the Complication card via a random event on the Clay Quarters card - your odds might be better there.[/color]

[color=#ff9900]Er. Yes. I don’t think you’ll regret that decision.[/color][/quote]

Indeed, I soon confirmed that was a great idea. Curiously good timing on my part.

Edit: Better phrasing.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/5/2014

I flipped a lot of cards and never got it :([/quote]
[color=#ff9900]You can also access the Complication card via a random event on the Clay Quarters card - your odds might be better there.[/color][/quote]

I did use the Clay Quarters storylet but only for one of the investigations, I should probably have done it for all of them.

Thank you for this update, good storymasters! I’ve been greatly excited to see the Ambitions continue, and this has kept up the great pace you started with Bag a Legend. Looking forward to more!

Anyone know a good source of Magnificent Daimonds that doesn’t take fate or an expedition? I need one more for a bejeweled lens

If you are POSI you can get one as a rare success trading cryptic clues for a bag of diamonds in the Bazaar Side Streets.

My favoured way of acquiring Magnificent Diamonds is via the Implausible Penance card- Pugilism and Politics- Beating the minister, gives you two at a time. You do need connected criminals 30, but thankfully criminals is easy to raise via selling casing in the flit.

I gasped out loud at certain reveals. Just wanted to say that.

Would it be possible for someone to make a comprehensive list of the requirements for the Glistening Spires? Every time I have to go get something new, I lose all my progress and it’s expensive! Thanks!