New Amused Lordship Art

It’s amazing! It’s a hallowmas miracle!

where can we see it?

I saw it on Ask the Sardonic Music Hall Singer for help

If you have any Zee-Ztories you can click on them in your inventory and take a look.

He’s looking very amused and very red.

um

I am not at all pleased with this artwork. The new, more lifelike portraits have been generally very good so far. Thunderbrows? Superb. But this. Not so much.

There is a man who visited me in my time as governor of Port Carnelian. On a moon-bridge he stopped me, and there he promised me, &quotSoon.&quot

That man’s beard is brown.
edited by Anchovies on 11/2/2017

In some circles he is known as the Crimson Furby.

I… didn’t even notice. Is there an old image somewhere for comparison?

On the bright side, this probably means something for the Reworks in terms of the Dilmun Club’s expedition…

I’m…confused. When I look at my Zee-Stories, all I see is the usual picture for him. Can anyone explain?

Browser cache. Sometimes you can force the new image with ctrl+F5. If that doesn’t work, you can go into your history settings and clear the cache manually. That will force the new artwork to be downloaded.

I like the previous art better. In fact I almost universally like the old art for things; it was shoddy and amateurish but it was full of life.

…With the exception of the old male devil; that one was pretty bad.

Probably in the middle of updating it. To leprechaun mode. (I love his new picture)

EEK! No more realistic artwork please! The cartoony style is what makes the artwork so endearing and gives it so much personality.

I must admit, I find this a sympathetic position.

The His Amused Lordship which FBG spent several years establishing in their game looks like this:

It’s frankly a little insulting to get my own experience with the game trampled on without so much as a &quothey, we’re changing some character portraits&quot. FBG doesn’t exactly owe that to me or the playerbase at large, but it’s still a shock.

edit: and yes, I too think that the lifelike portraits are good but should not be ubiquitous. This game ranges into styles which the slightly-cartoonish artwork can work very well for.
edited by Anchovies on 10/26/2017

Looks reverted?

Browser cache. Sometimes you can force the new image with ctrl+F5. If that doesn’t work, you can go into your history settings and clear the cache manually. That will force the new artwork to be downloaded.

I like the previous art better. In fact I almost universally like the old art for things; it was shoddy and amateurish but it was full of life.

…With the exception of the old male devil; that one was pretty bad.[/quote]
Nope, still not getting it, I’ve got the original image. Which is a shame, since I’d love to see how the Lordship looks with his new touch-up, but all in good time I suppose.

They seem to have reverted to the previous artwork. Might just be coloring his beard brown instead of red.

I guess i just don’t see the need for the realistic style at all. I mean, most of the new artist’s work fits with the style of the game. It’s a touch more realistic, but still cartoony enough where it still blends in. Even the realistic pictures are done well, they’re just…REALLY jarring compared to the other pictures. And they’re especially jarring when they turn characters we know and love (and who already have perfectly fine portraits) into people we don’t recognize.

I personally have to disagree, I’ve been loving the new art style. For me, I’ve always loved the cartoony imagery in the game, so seeing the newer versions of the same drawings under a slightly more realistic take has been entertaining. It’s let the artists take some creative liberty redoing popular characters that takes on as a new variant of the FL artwork we know rather than the permanent replacement to shove out the older stuff. That’s not to say you’re wrong, per se, since it mostly comes down to preference. I just think we have different tastes, is all.

On a side note, I feel personally robbed that I wasn’t able to see His Lordship’s recently-dyed red beard and will not rest until this curiosity has been sated.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 10/26/2017

His Amused Lordship was always a Brian Blessed, and now he is more so.

edit: here is a re-hosted version for people who can’t see

edited by a Nice Friend on 10/26/2017

[quote=Kukapetal]I guess i just don’t see the need for the realistic style at all. I mean, most of the new artist’s work fits with the style of the game. It’s a touch more realistic, but still cartoony enough where it still blends in. Even the realistic pictures are done well, they’re just…REALLY jarring compared to the other pictures. And they’re especially jarring when they turn characters we know and love (and who already have perfectly fine portraits) into people we don’t recognize.[/quote]You’ve expressed my largely incoherent anguish in a very nice way. I agree on all points.

I think the lifelike portraits work very well for Exceptional Stories, because they’re set slightly apart from the rest of the game. The striking realism makes for a great attention-grabber to stick at the top of a forum thread or in a banner at the top of the page. It can also seem out of place among the largely silhouette-based older artwork, much of which is not at all in need of replacement.