Nemesis, Part 3

Wow, that was intense.

Oh, that priceless look my poor gullible friends give me when I say that Part 3 requires 77(7) Bats with Attitude… (evil chuckle)

Let me just throw in two images that contain the item reward and a nice followup from FBG. Spoilers!
Item reward
Coming soon
The other item

The second item has a requirement gained via this step. My guess is that there are other similar ones
Just confirmed on Discord!

edited by Skinnyman on 1/29/2020

FWIW, if you ‘try again’ after receiving your reward, you get a second one… (But it doesn’t look like you can sell the extra one. Of course you can’t).
edited by Evariste S. Crumbledon on 1/29/2020

dang that was beautiful,why am i crying :,D

also does anyone have the item descriptions for the other choices than daughter? just curious if theyre any different.
edited by Bitty on 1/29/2020

Wow, that was fantastic! Just as emotional, dramatic and full of lore as I could have hoped after such a long build-up! And very satisfying reward, too. Can’t wait for everything next!

[quote=Bitty]dang that was beautiful,why am i crying :,D

also does anyone have the item descriptions for the other choices than daughter? just curious if theyre any different.
edited by Bitty on 1/29/2020[/quote]
It’s just pronoun differences. I reckon their opportunity cards will be very different though.

Beautiful, just beautiful. Well written and very touching. Thank you, FB.

It’s been about seven-and-a-half years for me since I started this story, and now it’s done.

Thank you so much, Failbetter. It’s been a wild ride.

P.S. If anyone wants to know what happens if you refuse the final choice, you can read it here.

If you finish Nemesis, can you still use Lethean tea leaves to reset and follow a different Ambition? I am much more attached to finishing Heart’s Desire but sent that character up North. I’d love to finish Nemesis on my present one and then return to Heart’s Desire.

As per the most recent patch notes, no. But there are apparently other plans in motion along those lines anyways.

https://community.failbettergames.com/topic27716-patch-notes.aspx

[color=#0066ff]For clarity: you can’t reset an Ambition you’ve finished. The relevant bit from the patch notes:[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]

[color=#0066ff]Lethean Tea-Leaves are purchased with Fate and allow you to reset your Ambition and choose a new one. However, they will only work before you have completed your ambition. Once you have finished your Ambition, the tea-leaves cannot be used to reset it. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]We will reveal more about ways you can experience another Ambition in the future, but those plans are under wraps for now. We are also exploring the possibility of adding alternate uses for Lethean Tea-Leaves in some other upcoming content. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]If you bought Lethean Tea-Leaves with Fate, and this development will mean they are no longer of use, please get in contact via a support email and we will look at reimbursing your Fate.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Separately, there are new stories afoot which will enable you to experience other Ambitions, after a fashion. More on that as we go![/color]

Has anyone who’s completed the ambition been to the boatman yet? Does the card that’s unlocked by having the ambition have new text?

[spoiler] Especially if your loved one has been returned to life?
Edit: it has not changed, which doesn’t make sense since my loved one is back in the living world. [\spoiler]
edited by Winthropx on 2/1/2020

I have killed a Master. I am not sure that I made the right choice. But I was committed. Now the deed is done. Should you wish to know the end of my indefatigable vengeance, you may look here.
Our lives are stories. Thank you Failbetter Games for a wonderful story.

Has anyone received

the monthly reward yet? Do you have to draw cards in your lodgings until you get it, or is it like Time the Healer and appears obviously anywhere in London, or…? Since the explanation said it would come soon, I want to be sure I’m not missing it!

[quote=enail]Has anyone received

the monthly reward yet? Do you have to draw cards in your lodgings until you get it, or is it like Time the Healer and appears obviously anywhere in London, or…? Since the explanation said it would come soon, I want to be sure I’m not missing it![/quote]From the message my alt received from TtH, the counter is done by her.
This was probably a bug because my alt wasn’t supposed to get this; &quotA Consequence of your Ambition – is now In three more weeks, you can collect a reward at your lodging&quot

So, it has been almost a week since the conclusion, has anyone found the loved one companion cards yet? I know Passion found and echoed the card for the daughter, but I have yet to see any for other loved ones. (I completed the revenge myself, so I can’t look for the card with my own account.)

Cups: &quotDon’t listen to them, I’ll give you whatever you want. &quot
Nemesis!Player: &quot…Give me my daughter back!&quot

Unfortunately, after not seeing the parliament of bats card for a week, I canceled my subscription I’ve had for years because I came to the realization this is not the kind of gameplay I enjoy. I was always here for the writing, but I know grinds have always been a part of the game as a form of pacing. I think this is completely fine (I completed Poet Laureate, SotC 21, SMEN, Paramount Presence, 40 renown in all factions, and so on, so my tolerance for long grinds isn’t the issue here), but actually making ZERO measurable progress in over a month with no guarantee this won’t go on for in the same manner for another year because a random number generator isn’t landing on the right number is where I had to draw the line.
edited by Monara on 2/8/2020

You do own a Sulky Bat, right?
Only asking because something similar happened! :D