Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Patch Notes Messages in this topic - RSS

Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

12/6/2019
New patch notes will be posted at the top of this post, and the thread bumped if required. smile

6th March Version 4.0.6

Here are your Fallen London patch notes for the week!

- We have removed the "Establish a Parabolan Base Camp" option from the Honey Dens of Veilgarden. This branch was meant to tease future content, and has always been locked. Since it was written, however, our intentions for it have changed. The ability to establish a Parabolan Base Camp will finally unlock soon, but in a different form. It will not be exclusive to those with the Glassman profession (though they will have an easier time achieving it).

- Players with access to the Science Lab may now move their entire Voluminous Library to the Lab for research purposes. Doing so will remove the related card from their opportunity deck.

Map updates:

- Visiting http://www.fallenlondon.com/?compatibility=true will set your browser to use the compatibility map without requiring you to visit Account settings
- If you've been automatically given compatibility map because your browser/device combination looks like it won't run the full map, there's an indicator in the top left that explains this. You can override this in Account settings at your own risk (if your browser/device really can't run the map, it'll crash when you try to open it).
- Fate-locked branches should be yellow once again
- Art for the map isn't loaded until the first time you open the map. You'll see a darkened version of the map while art is downloading (and an indicator in the top-left corner beside the zoom controls). The map is usable while the art is loading.

24th Feb Beta Version Version 4.0.0-beta-216-g91b542c6

Beta patch notes! Hooray! The beta is now closed, and we'll be unleashing the new map on everyone next Wednesday, the 4th of March. Thank you, everyone!

- Compatibility map introduced! Anyone having trouble using the new map with all of its bells and whistles can elect to use the compatibility map, on any device. You will need to set your preference to this map on each device that you use to play Fallen London via Account Settings.
- The Journal and Plan buttons work on map gate events.
- You no longer need to refresh the page in order for newly unlocked areas to glow pleasantly.
- The travel button is disabled when you move to Flute Street
- An Art Update happened!
- iPhone X and other very tall and skinny phones should now have their labels in the right place.

14th Feb Beta Version Version 4.0.0-beta-160-gacde9dd9

It’s another beta special, because we love you.

- A new feature, in which if you move the mouse over (or tap, on mobile) a discovered area, you will see a glowing highlight of the associated building, and can interact with it in the same way as the label.
- A fix for the display of your cameo; this will have the correct image when you are at your lodgings.
- Expired login access tokens no longer crash the app on startup.
- The player marker now crossfades when moving between locations, instead of flinging itself merrily across the map.
- Undiscovered districts are now lit and interactable (produce a highlight on mouseover, can zoom in and see a label for the location) if the player has discovered any destinations within them. For example, if you have received an invitation to the Temple Club before discovering the Forgotten Quarter, you can attempt to get into the Forgotten Quarter - if you have a street sign.
- If there's a content issue where you’re ineligible for an area gate event, the app shows an error message but does not crash.
- The "Perhaps Not" button in gate events is now left-aligned with branches.
- Undiscovered districts are lit if you’ve discovered any destinations within them.
- Storylets which appear over the map are now larger on mobile
- Story fix for the Department of Menace Eradication; players will be returned to the correct storylet when leaving activities.

10th February Version 4.0.0-beta-74-g83906964

Special Beta Edition

- The zoomed-out map will automatically zoom in when you select a district (Veilgarden, Spite etcetera).
- Your position and zoom level will be retained when opening and closing the map (only within the same visit).
- Performance has been improved, particularly on mobile devices.
- The player token now matches your cameo.
- Several small story and player guidance improvements.
- Improved appearance of the zoom in/out buttons. Zoom buttons work correctly on smaller screens.
- Stories played from the map to enter an area now trigger correctly on mobile.

24th January Version Version 3.19.26

The Outlandish Artefact item has been updated, and is now the Unprovenanced Artefact.

The old version approached imperialism in a tongue-in-cheek way that was nonetheless exoticising. This is no longer our preferred approach to depictions of colonialism, and in addition this quality is about to serve a bigger and more involved role in content, so it felt appropriate to amend its description to fit that new role.

We have updated the description on the Bag of Lethean Tea-Leaves item, to make it clear that they can only be used to reset an Ambition before it’s been completed.

With the conclusion to Nemesis approaching, we have had to make some decisions about how Lethean Tea-Leaves will work once you have completed your Ambition.

Lethean Tea-Leaves are purchased with Fate and allow you to reset your Ambition and choose a new one. However, they will only work before you have completed your ambition. Once you have finished your Ambition, the tea-leaves cannot be used to reset it.

We will reveal more about ways you can experience another Ambition in the future, but those plans are under wraps for now. We are also exploring the possibility of adding alternate uses for Lethean Tea-Leaves in some other upcoming content.

If you bought Lethean Tea-Leaves with Fate, and this development will mean they are no longer of use, please get in contact via a support email and we will look at reimbursing your Fate.

17th January Version 3.19.24

We've begun removing support for IE11. That's yer lot, if you don't count the cool stories we've already told you about.

10th January Version v3.12.10-103-g1e7d0928

Little morsels for you this week:
  • Season of Propinquity: the end-of-season trade-in story for this season is now available to everyone who has played The Heretic of Hollow Street, Say it with Flowers and The Committee.
  • At an Elegant Party, it’s now possible to partake of a non-gender-specific option to mingle freely, as is your wont.
  • Issues with living stories and notifications being processed multiple times were fixed.

3rd January Version 3.12.9-113-g6100920e

Just one update for you today, gang:

We had a few requests to remove Deactivated Characters from the Influence count, so that players could replace them with actively playing acquaintances. While doing this, we forgot to include the influence granted by patronage - we've re-included this.

20th December Version 3.12.9-113-g6100920e

Croutons for you on top of the delightful salad that is Fallen London this week:
  • We added an option to Working with the Honey-Addled Detective called Discuss a minor case, which gives you an option to play should you have already completed all available cases.
  • Autofire cards not being removed from hand was still present in mobile responsive view; this is now fixed.
  • Branch currency cost not being immediately updated is also fixed
  • We are planning to phase out support for Internet Explorer 11 in the new year. Currently, traffic via this browser is about 20 people per day. We apologise to those people, but promise the site updates coming in the new year will make up for requiring them to change browser allegiance.

6th December Version v3.12.10-97-ga9c7ab0d

• Find a new companion available for purchase (and sale) from Redemptions at the Bazaar.
  • Sky-Stories can now be converted into tantalising goods from your Possessions - if you have the right combination of qualities.
  • We fixed a bug related to autofire cards not being removed from your hand after they were played.
  • We also made a performance update related to card drawing.
  • It's possible to bookmark your favourite login portrait using the following pattern:
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/login?hero=name
    Replacing "name" in the above with "aunt", "boatman", "ambassador", or "edward"

29th November v3.12.10-96-g209849f8
  • A new look landing page in honour of Fallen London's upcoming 10th birthday on 11th January 2020. This is just the beginning of the celebrations!
  • Removal of SuperRewards as a payment option. SuperRewards is mostly used by players who need to pay in less common currencies. (97% of you use our other payment system, Braintree, which will be unaffected, and this won't affect subscriptions at all.) We’re sorry we couldn't provide more notice: we were only informed a few days ago. Given the short notice, we can't say yet when and if we'll add support for another payment provider or other payment methods: we expect to investigate in the next few weeks. If there were any payment methods that were particularly useful to you, though, please let us know in #fallen-london so we have a clearer sense of which ones it would be most helpful for us to support.
  • An updated Help page, including links to this very Discord. Please watch out for lost new players, and give them any advice you can in #beginner-advice. We were all fresh from New Newgate once!
  • A fix for a rare Bazaar interface bug.
  • Also, we’d like to confirm that the card frequency bug which bothered your decks has been fixed.

edited by h4nchan on 1/24/2020
edited by h4nchan on 2/10/2020
edited by h4nchan on 2/17/2020
edited by h4nchan on 2/24/2020
edited by h4nchan on 3/6/2020
edited by h4nchan on 3/9/2020

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+10 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

12/6/2019
Thank you~

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/6/2019
Thank you!

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

12/20/2019
New notes today, enjoy!
edited by h4nchan on 12/20/2019

--
+2 link
the old man
the old man

12/20/2019
anyone want to spend the next 20 actions on ladybones reminiscing with the detective (and thank you so much the fact you couldn't do anything with that card always annoyed me)
edited by the old man on 12/20/2019

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

12/20/2019
the old man wrote:
anyone want to spend the next 20 actions on ladybones reminiscing with the detective (and thank you so much the fact you couldn't do anything with that card always annoyed me)
edited by the old man on 12/20/2019

It looks like it just gives you 5x Inkling of Identity. It doesn't start a repeatable case, if that's what you were expecting.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
the old man
the old man

12/20/2019
PSGarak wrote:

It looks like it just gives you 5x Inkling of Identity. It doesn't start a repeatable case, if that's what you were expecting.

I noticed but still something

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic.
0 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

12/21/2019
@ Hannah - thanks for updating the latest patch notes at the top of the thread! Very nice.

=)

What are the preferred browsers for computer and mobile platforms?

Can’t wait to hear what the 2020 announcements are, btw.

J-

--
H.G.R.: Adventuer, Explorer, Paramount Londoner https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/User766505
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12/21/2019
I think they go with what Webpack considers dead browsers; this means a margin lower than 0.1%. Off of my mind, this data is from canIuse.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
phryne
phryne

1/8/2020
I just noticed that when Attending Parties, we finally do not have to choose anymore between spending time with Ladies or Gentlemen at the very end! Finally, we can just "Mingle Freely"! smile

Why constrain yourself to the hidebound conventions of a faded age? This is London. You will do as you please. - Indeed! Thank you for this! In Love
edited by phryne on 1/8/2020

--
(currently not playing)
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+5 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

1/10/2020
New things!

--
+2 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

1/11/2020
Ah yes, thank you for the elegant party option. I typically alternated between the two, as I play a nonbinary character, but this is better.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
+4 link
string
string

1/11/2020
So much better, and so lovely to have <3

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Cass%20Wilder
+1 link
Monara
Monara

1/13/2020
Thanks for the updates!

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Miranah
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

1/24/2020
Interesting ones today, peeps.

--
+3 link
JaneAnkhVeos
JaneAnkhVeos

1/24/2020
Hannah Flynn wrote:
We will reveal more about ways you can experience another Ambition in the future

So there will be such a possibility? Hooray!!

--
|| the Nocturnal Nostalgist, pawnbroker of dreams and memories ||
+1 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

1/25/2020
Hannah Flynn wrote:

The Outlandish Artefact item has been updated, and is now the Unprovenanced Artefact.

The old version approached imperialism in a tongue-in-cheek way that was nonetheless exoticising. This is no longer our preferred approach to depictions of colonialism, and in addition this quality is about to serve a bigger and more involved role in content, so it felt appropriate to amend its description to fit that new role.

I thought I might as well post the old Outlandish Artefact description (taken from sunless seas) and the new Unprovenanced Arefact description (taken from the wiki, updated surprisingly quickly) so people can make the comparison themselves.

Outlandish Artefact: "This belongs in a museum! Assuming that colonial-imperial appropriation for the purpose of hegemonic taxonomisation is a suitable response to the problem of intercultural contact. Which it probably is, because museums are magnificent institutions."

Unprovenanced Artefact: Meticulously crafted by skilled, far-away hands for a deliberate but unknown purpose, and then appropriated, boxed up, and brought to London because "it will look so handsome over the fireplace."

I like the change. The original joke made me laugh, but you're right about it not really fitting the tone of Fallen London. I'm glad the new description keeps the same joke, but tones it down and includes a descriptor that isn't just about how English Academia thinks about it. The new name is especially nice, since it keeps the whole "Victorians not understanding artifacts and exoticizing them" but makes it a trait of how it's seen (unprovenanced, meaning no research has actually been done into its past) instead of just "hey this thing is weird." Of course, what makes me most excited is the hint that they'll be relevant in future content, which means more stories that deal with either the previous fallen cities or other locations across the zee.

--
The Spidery Marchioness, or Marquis Aranea Mindfang: Main, POSI.

The Adrift Vaquero: Alt, Light Fingers. Interested in Patrons.

All positive social interactions are welcomed, including letters. Roleplaying is appreciated and will be responded to. Any menace reductions will be reciprocated in kind as soon as I can get to it. Both characters are currently accepting calling cards.

Character Descriptions: The Spidery Marchioness (Fallen London; Main) | The Adrift Vaquero (Fallen London; Light Fingers alt) | The Revolutionary Zailor (Sunless Seas) | The Optimistic Godlsayer (Sunless Skies) | The Antiquated Scholar (Silver Tree)
+5 link
PJ
PJ

1/25/2020
The new description actually ends in a question mark, which seems like a typo.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
+1 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

1/25/2020
PJ wrote:
The new description actually ends in a question mark, which seems like a typo.

I noticed that on the wiki, but since I didn't have any of my own Unprovenanced Artefacts to check it in the game, I assumed it was a typo on behalf of the wiki, rather than the game. Hopefully if it is a typo, FBG will notice and can pop in and fix it.

--
The Spidery Marchioness, or Marquis Aranea Mindfang: Main, POSI.

The Adrift Vaquero: Alt, Light Fingers. Interested in Patrons.

All positive social interactions are welcomed, including letters. Roleplaying is appreciated and will be responded to. Any menace reductions will be reciprocated in kind as soon as I can get to it. Both characters are currently accepting calling cards.

Character Descriptions: The Spidery Marchioness (Fallen London; Main) | The Adrift Vaquero (Fallen London; Light Fingers alt) | The Revolutionary Zailor (Sunless Seas) | The Optimistic Godlsayer (Sunless Skies) | The Antiquated Scholar (Silver Tree)
0 link
the old man
the old man

1/25/2020
I don't know I felt the old description had some distinct charm

--
+2 link