Nemesis Conclusion part 2

[color=#0066ff]The second part of the conclusion to Nemesis is now here.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Nemesis will complete next Tuesday, the 28th of January.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]All the best, delicious friends![/color]
edited by h4nchan on 1/21/2020

Happy I got a bat in time for these requirements to absolutely ruin my character!

I love the wealth of details, the massive requirements, feeling like your character is willing to sacrifice everything trying to do the impossible. I am also happy there are no further bat-like requirements (that I have encountered thus far…) and most options can be cleared in several different ways. Well written, well designed.

I will be giddy the next few days for each new step I take on this path.

The Treachery of Calendars!

[color=#0066ff]Wow, I have written about five hundred dates down today and got at least 250 of them wrong. Fixed! :D[/color]

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]Wow, I have written about five hundred dates down today and got at least 250 of them wrong. Fixed! :D[/color][/quote]How well did you part with 2019?

Loving the updates to this Ambition. ^^

I’m also fifteen thousand Echoes poorer. Oh my.

them grinds tho sobs may have to ditch my ubergoat sorry asriel

I’m living how the conclusion is rolling out at the moment. It’s absolutely fantastic!

[quote=Nonomori]Loving the updates to this Ambition. ^^

I thought you said that it was 1,500 Echoes (an expensive, but doable amount) at first, but I also saw how a person is considering selling his Ubergoat and I had to look at the wiki and calculate based on the cost of said objects at Carrow’s Steel.

And I thought my efforts at still continuously flipping cards for the Bat with Attitude are bad. I wish I could meet Carrow himself so that I can shake his hand and congratulate him on his brilliant marketing strategy.

At this rate, progress in an Ambition will require all 4 scrap treasures together from the Relickers, or worse. Bring it on!

[quote=The Curious Watcher][quote=Nonomori]Loving the updates to this Ambition. ^^

I thought you said that it was 1,500 Echoes (an expensive, but doable amount) at first, but I also saw how a person is considering selling his Ubergoat and I had to look at the wiki and calculate based on the cost of said objects at Carrow’s Steel.

And I thought my efforts at still continuously flipping cards for the Bat with Attitude are bad. I wish I could meet Carrow himself so that I can shake his hand and congratulate him on his brilliant marketing strategy.

At this rate, progress in an Ambition will require all 4 scrap treasures together from the Relickers, or worse. Bring it on![/quote]

if anything im just learning to be prepared for the other ambitions :,D currently grinding echoes on my Bag a Legend alt

Yeah, going to try to grind and save up for sure. I’m pretty broke right now having just bought a Cider and burning everything else I have on a long-living (hopefully) Noman…:

Red honey just got so much darker

10k+ Echo for one step… I personally like it, but it should be painfull for casual players.

I’m not sure what you call a casual player, but it was painful for me! I was saving up for the Cider, and 15K is quite a setback. Though it is probably worse for players who weren’t saving up for Cider; I feel for the player who is going to have to lose his goats to advance.

Oh, part 2 is out? Cool. As much as I’d love to give it a go, I’m still on part 1 because someone decided it would be a good idea to make having a bat that’s near impossible to obtain mandatory for continuing the story. I’m having lots of fun with that. No joke.

I’ve been spoiling myself by reading the echoes on other peoples’ journals, and I had a weird thought regarding the mirror that was fixed.

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)] The God-Eaters often appear behind black mirrors, and the mirror you’re using as a backdoor is specifically stated to be a ‘gift’ from them. Based on this, I guess that the God-Eaters will be involved with Nemesis’s conclusion, one way or another. [/color]

It took some time, but I finally finished this part. I love it more than the previous part, now we are making real progress and I’m more excited than ever to reach the conclusion. The new lore bits were delicious too.

On the mechanical side, it’s definitely grindier than the previous part, and where the difficulty spike is most felt so far. Before the finale update, the most an ambition would ask is a number of items that can be reasonably obtained within a couple of days if you grind diligently and know what you’re doing. I can’t say the same about the echo cost of buying those knives, even if we use a top tier echo grind like Arbor or flash reset. I barely made it on my one-year-old account that I play fairly frequently, it’s going to be harsh for those that play more casually than I do. The only saving grace of this requirement is it doesn’t rely on rare success RNG.

There’s also a part where I needed to spend bats and spiders to improve my chance at succeeding a check and… I don’t want to think how many bats and spiders I spent for it. Probably not as much as what I spent on the knives, but still. Tip: if you’re sufficiently advanced in Dilmun Club storyline, get all four tiger ministers from the Court of Wakeful Eye to skip most of the grind. The tigers are probably going to be more useful in the long run too.

[quote=The Curious Watcher]I’ve been spoiling myself by reading the echoes on other peoples’ journals, and I had a weird thought regarding the mirror that was fixed.

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)] The God-Eaters often appear behind black mirrors, and the mirror you’re using as a backdoor is specifically stated to be a ‘gift’ from them. Based on this, I guess that the God-Eaters will be involved with Nemesis’s conclusion, one way or another. [/color][/quote]

Dear lord, that’s something that had not occurred to me. Perhaps a certain ravenous One will be involved also?
edited by cathyr19355 on 1/24/2020

I only had 800 echoes saved up, but I liquidated 43 Searing Enigmas I was saving for an impossible theorem, 10 Night Whispers I’d been saving to buy pails of snow next year, and some other things, and I’m now up to 5,300 echoes. I refuse to sell my goat, or my hard-won One-Time Location, Fluke Core, or Breath of the Void, so I’m gonna have to figure out how to get the other 5,000 – or 10,000 if I go that route!

But it’s delightful to be challenged once again by Fallen London.

Too bad I don’t have a bat on my Nemesis character and I got tired of deleting cards all day for zero measurable progress towards getting one. I may have to read this in someone else’s journal, such a shame after the long wait.