Navigator's Boon: FL/Sunless Sea crossover

[color=#009900]You may now find an Opportunity Card in Wolfstack Docks which unlocks a small additional snippet in Sunless Sea. You’ll know it when you see it. It will only unlock for those who are already an Explorer of the Unterzee.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Q. What if I’m not a Kickstarter backer and don’t have access to the beta?[/color]
[color=#009900]A. It’ll permanently add a quality to your account which will unlock the bonus, should you purchase it any time after we launch (in a couple of weeks).
[/color][color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Q. What if I have no interest in Sunless Sea?[/color]
[color=#009900]A. The choice gives you a Connected: Docks boost anyway, and there’s another choice on the card that you might enjoy.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Q. Why didn’t it work as I expected?[/color]
[color=#009900]A. This is experimental! although it should work. Let us know any issues at sunlesssea@failbettergames.com .[/color]
edited by Alexis on 6/6/2014

Any word on the frequency of this new card? I’ve been sitting pretty in Wolfstack all day and haven’t managed to draw it yet.

The frequency is Standard, so it might indeed take all day to draw that one particular card if you have 100+ different cards in your deck.

Second day, still nothing. So this won’t be a purely a whiny-complainy thread, I’ll pose a question: is adding this extra storylette as a card the best thing to do, or would it be better to just give players with the Explorer of the Unterzee quality access to it from this location?

It finally showed for me last night after complaining about its absence on IRC. Much like posting here, that often seems to help, so here’s hoping the RNG decides to hand it to you now that you’ve registered your annoyance publicly. I would have thought a fixed entrance would make more sense, but I am not FBG and they might have a good reason for this choice, albeit one I don’t see.

At any rate, when it does arrive, you should be able to recognize it quickly, as the card’s design is the Buoy. Best of luck.

Number pull-juggling: if you have 100 cards in your deck, and flip 100 opportunity cards every day, then each day is a 50% chance of seeing a particular card (at least once). Using 95% as a baseline &quotyou can expect this to happen&quot level, that’s [ 0.5**x = 0.05 ] about 4 days - i.e. don’t start being worried until at least 4 days have passed … more if you can’t click every 10 minutes (a day has 1440 minutes, of which 480 should be spent sleeping, leaving roughly 102 OP flips if you are religious about it)

<Irritated rant deleted>

Can we have it as one of those cards you can summon from your lodgings for fate?

>Can we have it as one of those cards you can summon from your lodgings for fate?

[color=#009900]If I did that, I would be accused of gouging players.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

[color=#009900]If I put it in as a permanent storylet, people would complain about ‘spam’ (this happened with the crossover storylet during the Kickstarter).[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]It’ll be along in a while. There’s no hurry and no expiration date, except for an outside chance that if enough people bitch about it I’ll just pull it for a quiet life, but it would need a lot more bitching. :-)[/color]

Thanks for answering Alexis. The only other choice that I thought of would be one of those /a/ codes for a one-time summon, but I presume that’s more work. No matter. I’ll get there eventually, as long as I actually remember to change zone before flipping cards.

How do you know that you’ve actually gotten the boon in game? Is it obvious or is it an unlocked storylet or something that won’t be immediately obvious on a new game?

Yay, I finally found it! Now just waiting for the panther to come out. grabby hands at tiny lore fragments

I have returned to London after seeking the origin of Jack across the zee. (Thank you for the lovely statue, by the way). Now to wait.

Um. Maybe I’ve screwed things up. I played the card, got the instruction, went to update content in Sunless Sea and got ‘Please enter your activation code’.

Edit: though maybe this is due to me having two versions of Sunless Sea tied to the same email address? I used the humble download for one, and tested the steam on the other. (Two separate machines.)

Edit 2: I AM AN IDIOT. (sigh)
Finally found the access code - completely forgotten we’d needed one the first time around.
edited by babelfishwars on 6/10/2014

After a few days, still have not found the bloody thing

I finally got it today.

Just to assuage angst, don’t stress this too much. The benefit is simply 3 Secrets to begin with; and it costs I think 10 Echoes in FL

Is thi opportynity available still? I had been missing FL forums for some time now…

I’m pretty sure the card is permanent.

[quote=babelfishwars]
Edit 2: I AM AN IDIOT. (sigh)
Finally found the access code - completely forgotten we’d needed one the first time around.
edited by babelfishwars on 6/10/2014[/quote]

Maybe I’m an idiot too, but what code should I enter? Don’t remember any codes to begin with.

Do they really have to lock the Opportunity Card to Wolfstack Docks? Even now I haven’t found the bloody thing and I am tired of waiting for so long in Wolfstacks Dock without advancing any of the interesting stories in FL that I just plain giveup.