Mysteries

mind explodes

See also, the number of time zones in the Soviet Union: Eleven. It’s ridiculous. It’s not even funny. Which is a recurrent reference in my other favorite online game, Kingdom of Loathing.

See also: 7 Eleven.

This fashion for Mysteries has brought only one blighted thing to my attention. I’m not half as clever as I bally well think I am.

I’m afraid your hints on the Vake’s nature left me quite confused, especially since I’ve played all of the Vake-connected Ambition there currently is (Bag a Legend! 50 is still the content boundary, is it not?).
Where has its identity been confirmed? What storylet lets you confront it in person (other than the battle in the Abyssal Depths which only revealed it to be bat-shaped)?
I’d be very thankful for a clarifying PM!

EDIT: Thanks for the PM, Spacemarine9! All is well.

edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 2/8/2014

The place where it’s confirmed is a lil’ bit meta, although there are hints in one or two places. I’ll send you a PM tho.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 2/8/2014

[li]
Fist-bump.

Fist-bump.[/quote]

Great big tie for second. Now we find out who got 16 and give him or her a nice chat with a certain boatman…

All cats (domestic and big) seem to talk. There are non-sapient rats along with rattus faber - and I derived hints from the destruction wrought upon my pantry that the L.B.s seem to keep favoured non-talking rats as pets or mascots… or concubines?

If the Starveling Cat &quotruled the roofs of five stolen cities&quot, it did not originate in London.

Several of the connection pets seem to be sapient. Of the ones I’ve owned, I remember options on their opportunity cards that involved persuading them, seemingly by conversation. Partisan Tortoise, Taciturn Mynah and Maverick Bloodhound definitely, and maybe others.

Types of animal I never remember seeing talk or otherwise seem to possess reason: horses, my stallion included; possibly amphibians, judging by my toad’s lack of interest in discussing the morning papers; insects (but there is something peculiar going on with those frost-moths).

Honestly, the talking animals are probably the number one draw of Fallen London for me. I never grew out of Narnia, fauna-wise anyhow.

Fist-bump.[/quote]

Great big tie for second. Now we find out who got 16 and give him or her a nice chat with a certain boatman…[/quote]

The information you are looking for is in this thread.

All cats (domestic and big) seem to talk. There are non-sapient rats along with rattus faber - and I derived hints from the destruction wrought upon my pantry that the L.B.s seem to keep favoured non-talking rats as pets or mascots… or concubines?

If the Starveling Cat &quotruled the roofs of five stolen cities&quot, it did not originate in London.

Several of the connection pets seem to be sapient. Of the ones I’ve owned, I remember options on their opportunity cards that involved persuading them, seemingly by conversation. Partisan Tortoise, Taciturn Mynah and Maverick Bloodhound definitely, and maybe others.

Types of animal I never remember seeing talk or otherwise seem to possess reason: horses, my stallion included; possibly amphibians, judging by my toad’s lack of interest in discussing the morning papers; insects (but there is something peculiar going on with those frost-moths).

Honestly, the talking animals are probably the number one draw of Fallen London for me. I never grew out of Narnia, fauna-wise anyhow.[/quote]

i wished we could keep a spider council as a pet. they/it can talk too!! though i suspect they’re far too vicious and primal to be tamed.

[quote=]The place where it’s confirmed is a lil’ bit meta, although there are hints in one or two places. I’ll send you a PM tho.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 2/8/2014 [/quote]
please! PM me too. i vaguely remember an entry that the wikia that shows that you meet with mister veils, but i don’t recall him saying anything about the big batty vake.

Me too :) As soon as the cats and rats started talking to me I knew I was in the right game.

But. Where. Are. My. Vixens!

It’s been said that all of them went to the ‘Glowing Mountain’ after Mr Cups denied them a dominion they wanted.

My question is how a zhip/s full of foxes wouldn’t have been referenced now and then by people. “Remember when that one boat was filled all those furious foxes who were leaving here. because the Masters stiffed them? Yeah that was weird.”

I suspect that the foxes departed the Bazaar rather earlier than London’s arrival.

So I have gleaned. I am still disappointed to have little more than a new pair of vendettas to attend to after the revelation.

I suppose I must continue to plan my expedition into the Elder Continent for now.

Fist-bump.[/quote]

Great big tie for second. Now we find out who got 16 and give him or her a nice chat with a certain boatman…[/quote]

The information you are looking for is in this thread.[/quote]

[li]

WIIEEELAAANNDD!!!