Mysteries Discussion

My email talking about closing them arrived on 3rd Jan, and said ‘in the next month’. So … beginning Feb?

[spoiler]When Mr Sacks first came along (in 2009, maybe? 2010?) he was just a single storylet. He knocked menacingly on your door, and demanded that you give him something. One of the options was to give him &quotyourself&quot and climb into his sack. Bearing in mind that the Mysteries tab dates back to the same period, I’ve always thought it was literally asking you how many people did that.

But that doesn’t help me much! I’m not sure how you’d have found out the answer even then, still less now. I definitely remember Alexis referring to people climbing into Mr Sacks’ bag in an interview, so my hunch is that he mentioned how many, but I don’t remember any more than that and I can’t find it online.

By the way, my answer to &quotbetween the stars&quot also dates back many years. But it’s more than likely I’m barking up completely the wrong tree on that one - I was clutching at straws. If anyone else wants to bark at the tree with me, look for something someone said on Christmas Eve 2010.[/spoiler]

Cheers
Richard
edited by Richard on 1/12/2014

[quote=Fhoenix]Well, remember the result for the Shrine of the Deep Blue Heaven
&quotYou never expected to describe a tile as ‘defiant’, but these are defiant tiles. And so is the peeling gold-leaf sunburst on the shrine’s dome. Horses are depicted, rearing to the sun: eleven hooded figures shrink away from its rays. &quotWe are still here,&quot the shrine seems to say, &quotand we have not forgotten.&quot&quot

I’d say this is a strong indication that there are eleven Masters (or at least there were eleven in the time of the Fourth City)[/quote]

And with Mr. Eaten gone, perhaps 10?

[li]

[quote=Aximillio]
And with Mr. Eaten gone, perhaps 10?

[li][/quote]
Exactly what i was thinking (i eliminated Sacks, Eaten, Chimes, Mirrors). But the fact that eleven master are cited in the FOURTH city maked me doubtful. Mr. Eaten should have been eaten in the SECOND or THIRD city, not the fourth. [/li][li]
[/li][li]This makes me think that, perhaps, Eaten is not so Eaten.[/li][li]
[/li][li]

[quote=Andrea Serafini][quote=Aximillio]And with Mr. Eaten gone, perhaps 10?[/quote]Exactly what i was thinking (i eliminated Sacks, Eaten, Chimes, Mirrors). But the fact that eleven master are cited in the FOURTH city maked me doubtful. Mr. Eaten should have been eaten in the SECOND or THIRD city, not the fourth.
This makes me think that, perhaps, Eaten is not so Eaten.[/quote]The simplest explanation most often is the correct one. Most likely, the shrinemaker added both Mirrors and Cups to the tiles. After all, not everyone is as well-versed in secrets as player characters.
edited by Saharan on 1/13/2014

I wrote a LiveJournal entry collating all I could find about the Mysteries tab: (SPOILER ALERT: spoilers about lots of Neathy mysteries, and a passing mention of the Enigma Ambition):

http://streetfelineblu.livejournal.com/6451.html

Corrections are welcome, especially about the last question (&quotBetween the stars…&quot) and the exact numbers of Masters and Lacre Nomen (the more I think about it, the more I feel the answer should be 10 for both).

Well, OK, but are there any better explanations for that, apart from the theory of Wieland Burandt? That’s the only actual Fallen London tidbit mentioning foxes that I could think of T.T