Mysteries Closure

Hullo, another 14-er here! (But credit for the fourteenth point goes to Streetfelineblue’s realization that it was Sir Stamford Raffles who brought the tiger.)

On the topic of ‘between the stars’ and ‘the liberation of night,’ maybe it has something to do with the stars being the Judgments, and their light being the laws (natural and otherwise) from which the Bazaar is shielded. Maybe if you’re in deep space (‘between the stars’), you’re similarly free of light and laws?

Wild speculations: do different stars/judgments have different laws? If so, could life native to one star survive near another, or would they need to stay underground, hidden from the sun? Similarly, can monsters live in the Neath because they are free from the sun? Are the judgments tied to cosmgonic myths, where the universe begins in a state of chaos and darkness, and light and law arise/are established?

[quote=Rook Crofton]Hullo, another 14-er here! (But credit for the fourteenth point goes to Streetfelineblue’s realization that it was Sir Stamford Raffles who brought the tiger.)

On the topic of ‘between the stars’ and ‘the liberation of night,’ maybe it has something to do with the stars being the Judgments, and their light being the laws (natural and otherwise) from which the Bazaar is shielded. Maybe if you’re in deep space (‘between the stars’), you’re similarly free of light and laws?[/quote]

That’s my guess - beyond the boundaries of the stars’ domains is the freedom of darkness. Also, I must admit, I am well pleased at being at that top 41. And absolute congratters to Wieland!

Whoa!

Not me, alas! Nobody got the thing about the foxes, and I too would be interested to learn who made the connection to the Liberation of Night (seems so obvious, in afterthought!).

I’m still not sure whether it was my answer to the Mr Eaten question (NORTH!) or to the Mr Sacks question (&quotAs many as offered themselves&quot – I thought this was a trick question and never even considered the answer would be an actual number) that was considered correct – and the number of Masters was just a lucky guess: I answered Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen on my three accounts respectively.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

Two of my answers are in the quoted funny answers…

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! undignified squeeing

(they were incredibly rude and we don’t speak of it, so I thought they were fair answers…)

I got 11, though I did read and ignore the Sir Raffles hint (and insisted above the better advice of my friend that the First City had to be somewhere in North America). I’m happy with how things turned out.

Hullo, another 14-er here! (But credit for the fourteenth point goes to Streetfelineblue’s realization that it was Sir Stamford Raffles who brought the tiger.)[/quote]

Ah-ehm… It was actually Sebastian Flyte’s realization, I heard it on mIRC and collated it in my LiveJournal post ^^

Most of the more difficult answers on that post I had found here or there. Basically my only personal insights in that post were the number of people taken by Mr Sacks and the &quotbetween stars&quot one, and I got them both wrong T.T

Well this was indeed a fun search, really hope we’ll get another.
Also I’m very intriqued by the “We’ll need the space for something else”.
A toast to us all and to the poor foxes.

Sooo…
Has anyone found those ‘oblique hints’ to the foxes’s fate yet?
I thought the Relickers would hold some clues but as far as I can tell neither they nor their rats tell you anything of consequence on this matter.

Would like to add that FBG has lovely timing with this, to insure that most of us have at least a small amount of Fate just in time for the Feast of the Exceptional Rose. If it’s anything like last year, there will be plenty of fun ways to use small amounts of fate!

[quote=Martial Canterel]Sooo…
Has anyone found those ‘oblique hints’ to the foxes’s fate yet?
I thought the Relickers would hold some clues but as far as I can tell neither they nor their rats tell you anything of consequence on this matter.[/quote]

[li]
Perhaps the Capering Relicker will give us something, should we manage to save up enough Scrap to trade for his most valuable possession.

No, there aren’t any hints regarding foxes in that option.

So I’ve returned from a year away from Fallen London (thanks to Sunless Sea) and I see that I got 8 of the mysteries correct. However, both the link in the message ( http://www.failbettergames.com/?page_id=312 ) and the link on twitter ( http://www.failbettergames.com/?p=1395 ) fail to produce results. 312 is a &quotpage not found&quot and 1395 leads to an unrelated blog post. About an hour of looking around on Google turns up little. Were the answers hidden again? And if so, could someone provide them to me by private message?

The link structure on the blog has changed, but the relevant posts are here and here!

Thank you kindly!

Oh, I do so hope, as it’s been mentioned is possible, that there shall be new Mysteries to answer at one point.