My lofty goals. I.E. Hellish Goals

So recently I’ve found a lot of end game stuff I guess I want to shoot for. The following are my goals. I would appreciate any help can get. Yes I know they’re all pretty brutal. I just have to find something to do in this game again. Feel free to suggest more crazy ideas. Though note these are pretty much all the ones I can see myself actually doing.

Get my connected Hell to 1000
Get my Notability to 15
Get my Stormy-Eyed to 20?
Get to Courier’s Footprint
Become A Zee-Voyager of Note
Obtain the Order Vespertine, Irresistible
Acquire a Spire-Emporium
Acquire a Sanctum at the Brass Embassy
Acquire a Room in a Half Abandoned Mansion
Obtain a bottle of Master’s Blood
Obtain a Fluke-Core
Obtain a Rumourmaster’s Network
Obtain a Breath of the Void
Obtain a Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell
Obtain a Veils-Velvet Scrap
edited by Cubethulhu on 12/26/2014

Is the room in the abandoned mansion storylet still around? Haven’t seen it in a little bit.

As for the other lodgings, this is the right time of year.

Stormy-eyed isn’t that hard to build, especially if you visit Mutton Island… Which coincidentally is the only way to improve your Zailor quality (going on Zee voyages).

Beyond that, you’re going to be spending a lot of time in the Nadir… And collecting scraps. Some holiday content, like Hollowmas,can give you a nice boost. Bear in mind which of those very rare items is most costly when selling the location (two options cost half the scrap value, 680, of the other two).

I’ve found the fastest way to gain Connected:Hell was in Spite. I don’t know what the cap is, though, or if there is one.

My most pressing goal right now is to gain Acquainted: the Captivating Princess next Feast of the Rose. For some reason she eluded me at all the previous feasts but I won’t let her get away this time!

[quote=Pnakotic]Is the room in the abandoned mansion storylet still around? Haven’t seen it in a little bit.

[/quote]

It is still around but you do need a Parade of Victories 3 to see it.

The Half-Abandoned Mansion storylet is an Opportunity Card that’s visible with Parade of Victories 3, but it requires participation in the Moon League and Proud Parade of Victories 7 to actually acquire. A successful Golden Hunt helps immensely. It’s how I acquired my Sharp Iron Key.

With all the time it takes to get the scraps for all 4 items, you may as well just aim for Hesperidean Cider.

If you acquire all lodgings and keep your card deck trimmed, then getting lots of scraps will definitely take much less time than the Cider.

And to the OP: if you’re interested in other very rare and expensive items to go on your wish list, how about A Sealed Copy of the Crimson Book?
(Though there’s no way to grind for it and this was only available at a one-time event which we don’t yet know if it will repeat this year)

Yes, unquestionably, I’m living proof of it.

By keeping the deck trimmed, I assume that you guys mean moving to a remote location and lowering connected qualities to dispose of connection cards?

Are there any other tips for scrap gathering? I’m at just over 1300 now to go toward a location of a prince of hell for the 5 card lodging.

I can’t get it at the wicket though as I cannot sell my soul after the stains I’ve put on it.

I’ve also been curious as to what endgame goals to set myself. I got my Impossible Theorem already, and was wondering what to do next.

I could shoot for Overgoats and Ubergoats but I probably don’t have the patience for that. Though I could probably afford an Overgoat now if I were to be ruthless selling crap I’ve stockpiled.

Then there’s Paramount Presence to chase after but I’ve no idea what to do there or even if it’s possible yet. I’ve been busy repairing stat damage from St. Destin’s Candle anyway.

Also, what’s Courier’s Footprint?
edited by NinjaComedian on 12/29/2014

For scraps I flip cards in the Flit and cash in Urchin’s favour when the card turns up. I haven’t trimmed my deck but I try to check into Fallen London hourly during the day to maximise the number of cards I can get.

Courier’s Footprint is Scholar of the Correspondent 21. It is very difficult to achieve as you need Watchful 300 to reach that level.

Y’all are absolutely mad. I’m trying for Master’s Blood myself, via the opp card, and I’m hardly a few horsemilk things in. Not even a Tears yet.

If you’re not averse to spending 40 Fate and some other things to acquire another seemingly fatally rare item, you could try for the Fabulous Diamond.

[quote=NinjaComedian]By keeping the deck trimmed, I assume that you guys mean moving to a remote location and lowering connected qualities to dispose of connection cards?

Are there any other tips for scrap gathering? I’m at just over 1300 now to go toward a location of a prince of hell for the 5 card lodging.

I can’t get it at the wicket though as I cannot sell my soul after the stains I’ve put on it.[/quote]

There’s a city vice opp card once you’re dealing in the soul trade (any side), which might allow it either way. At least, that’s what it says on the card…

[quote=lady ciel ]For scraps I flip cards in the Flit and cash in Urchin’s favour when the card turns up. I haven’t trimmed my deck but I try to check into Fallen London hourly during the day to maximise the number of cards I can get.

Courier’s Footprint is Scholar of the Correspondent 21. It is very difficult to achieve as you need Watchful 300 to reach that level.[/quote]

How the hell do you reach 300?

Well now that I think about it, I can get 250-something normally. With a mood, an overgoat and some extra watchful from Notability I guess you could hit 300.

If I’m ever stuck for things to do, that’s one I guess. But I’m only at scholar 14 now so it’ll be a while before I want to worry about that. And getting a goat might take me a bit since I’m unlikely to sell most of the crap I’ve accumulated. :)

You wouldn’t happen to remember the name of the card would you? I’m a shepherd of souls so that might be an option for me and if that works, then it’d be good to keep an eye out for the card before the Wicket opens again.

You wouldn’t happen to remember the name of the card would you? I’m a shepherd of souls so that might be an option for me and if that works, then it’d be good to keep an eye out for the card before the Wicket opens again.[/quote]

No, but it requires Connected: Hell 5 to draw.

I think I know the card (don’t remember the name). I haven’t seen it in a long long time, so can’t confirm what exactly it says.
But even if the card would allow one to sell their stained soul, I’d recommend against it, until we know the risk is gone.

I’m fairly certain it doesn’t let you sell a stained or enhanced soul.

I haven’t tried the stained option, so I don’t know.

The stained option just results in a Hell connected drop. Maybe some other effects too, but it doesn’t get rid of your soul.

Maybe it’s for the best. I’m not sure that getting a soul back is as easy as it was during the repeated soul losses that were part of the staining process. Unless the Starvling Cat soul helps get it back. Of course I’d have to find myself another Starvling Cat first. :)

I think I’ll continue chasing after scraps to get the last lodging the long way.