Mr Sacks

Indeed. Alexis et al.: Vivat!

[quote=Cocytus]As it is now midnight, NMT (Neath Mean Time), I wish to offer all of the forum regulars a Merry Sacksmas, and may he take nothing we can’t live without.

Thanks to Alexis and the team for a great first year in Fallen London![/quote]

Amen to that. Happy holidays, both on the Surface and below! Thank you, FBG, for all of the wonderful stories you have told us and plan to tell us in 2014.

Happy Holidays! Many thanks to FBG and to the wonderful community of delicious players.

looks apprehensively around for Mr. Sacks

Merry Sacksmas :)

2013 stands out as the year I discovered Fallen London so I can only echo those above in saying thank you for the wonderful new world.

The Christmas spirit compels me to wish very happy holidays to the community and Failbetter team. I’ve been a Fallen Londoner for almost two years (since spring 2012) and have derived much enjoyment that I am glad for and grateful to have had at no charge. I look forward to more in the future and hope for all the absolute best. All shall be well, all manner of thing, and so forth.[li]
edited by Four on 12/25/2013

Merry Christmas, delicious friends! And a special thanks to Failbetter for bringing us all together and creating the glorious shadows of the Neath for us to inhabit. May your day be filled with love and joy.

[quote=Elnara]Merry Sacksmas :)

2013 stands out as the year I discovered Fallen London so I can only echo those above in saying thank you for the wonderful new world.[/quote]
I feel so old. And also inspired to riff off famous quotes.

&quotI’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Brass ships on fire across the river of death. I watched sunlight blazing in the dark over the Echo Bazaar. All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in snow. Time… to die…&quot

And then a pure white raven takes wing, flying up to the surface.

Also: Merry assorted holidays, everyone.
edited by Alexander Feld on 12/25/2013

The occasion calls for a tip of The Exceptional Hat towards the developers. :)

Merry Christmas/Sacksmas, everyone!

[quote=Alexander Feld][quote=Elnara]Merry Sacksmas :)

2013 stands out as the year I discovered Fallen London so I can only echo those above in saying thank you for the wonderful new world.[/quote]
I feel so old. And also inspired to riff off famous quotes.

&quotI’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Brass ships on fire across the river of death. I watched sunlight blazing in the dark over the Echo Bazaar. All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in snow. Time… to die…&quot

And then a pure white raven takes wing, flying up to the surface.

Also: Merry assorted holidays, everyone.
edited by Alexander Feld on 12/25/2013[/quote]

SO TOUCHING _

Merry Sacksmas, delicious friends both new and old!

[color=#009900]Folks: thank you all. As ever, it is a pleasure to be blessed with such a likeable and literate community.[/color][li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]The Advent Calendar is complete, but we do have one more gift for you all. We’ll be announcing it in the next week, but you heard it here first: we’re keeping the double-sized action pool past the end of December. We had hoped that it wouldn’t have a visibly damaging effect on our Nex income, and that we’d be able to extend it.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]I’m glad to say that it seems to be working out well for us and it’s making everyone much happier: so provisionally, it’s here to stay - both the double-sized action pools and the enhanced action refresh. Happy Christmas. :-)[/color]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]Folks: thank you all. As ever, it is a pleasure to be blessed with such a likeable and literate community.[/color][li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]The Advent Calendar is complete, but we do have one more gift for you all. We’ll be announcing it in the next week, but you heard it here first: we’re keeping the double-sized action pool past the end of December. We had hoped that it wouldn’t have a visibly damaging effect on our Nex income, and that we’d be able to extend it.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]I’m glad to say that it seems to be working out well for us and it’s making everyone much happier: so provisionally, it’s here to stay - both the double-sized action pools and the enhanced action refresh. Happy Christmas. :-)[/color][/quote]
Ah, so my suspicions were correct. I thought this felt a lot like the Festival of Endless Actions again. Glad everything’s working out so well. I, for one, appreciate being able to go to sleep without fretting over all the actions I’m wasting.
[/li]
edited by Alexander Feld on 12/25/2013

Yay! I’d hoped it was under consideration, and I’m glad it’s working out well enough to do it. Thanks! :)

[li]
[color=#009900]Yup! As with the Festival, we thought it would probably work out well, but it was one of those low probability, high impact risks that we couldn’t afford to take lightly. We are still a little concerned that if it’s no longer perceived as a sale price, we may suffer after all… so, you know, BUY NEX. TELL YOUR FRIENDS. And we’ll keep the content coming.[/color][/li][li]
edited by Alexis on 12/25/2013

Merry Sackmas to all at Failbetter and everyone in Fallen London. So pleased I found you:)

Well, as a completely new player to all of this, who only had the 10-action pool for a little while, I am happy with this change and more likely to spend Nex with it in place than not. Would you like to know why?

At the 10-action cap, the two largest timesinks of my day that required me to be unable to burn through stored action (work and sleep, naturally) meant that even with an exceptional friendship, I’d waste more actions than I’d salvage with EF status. This was a little frustrating, to be honest, and discouraged me from getting too invested (in multiple senses of the word) in the game. With the new settings, I can “catch” most of my available action pool and not feel like I’m being penalized by work or if I spend time away doing allegedly respectable activities like taking my SO to dinner. Thus I am far more likely to subscribe with a smile on my face.

If I may make a humble request, it would be to consider possibly adding a little more in the House of CHimes that isn’t doubly Fate-locked. While I quite enjoyed the one storylet in there, and presumably would the other as well if I’d ever get the card for its requirement in Watchmaker’s, the rest seems a little lacking in story. Perhaps there’s lots more that opens up later in there, perhaps after becoming POSI, but I’d hope you aren’t aiming it solely at persons of that status, since they have to be a minority of characters in the game.

At any rate, thank you for this news and an interesting storygame. And assorted festive thoughts to people over whatever celebrations you do around this time of year.

Oh, wow. I wondered, but didn’t let myself get my hopes up! Hopefully it all works out, and merry Christmas! I’ll be sure to buy Nex when I can. ^^
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/25/2013

Alexis, this is so nice. Thank you! ^_^

Merry Christmas to all Fallen London players!

Thank you so much, and a Merry Christmas to you and all the FBG crew and their families!

I’ll “echo” that. Thank you very much and may you have the merriest of Sacksmases!