Mr Sacks

I have just found the first Mr Sacks in my opportunity deck.

Apparently, the survivors of last year’s visits have additional options available. Since I am not one of them, I am intrigued by this, and would like to receive a Journal link of the Echo of what those options did for you.

I just did too! I really hope Mr Eaten Sacks is around this year, regardless of frozen content. I really wanted to meet him.

I gave Mr Sacks the recommended bottle of wine, and that got me Connected: the Masters of the Bazaar +1 CP and 100 x Drop of Prisoner’s Honey. It sounded as if Mr Sacks thought honey was better than wine, so maybe I would’ve gotten more points if I had given honey? I’m such a cheapskate. ;)

Well, given who this Mr Sacks is, it’s rather clear what his opinion on honey versus wine is. :P

I gave him honey. Still +1 CP of Masters.

I annoyed him by asking him a question, and he still took a little of my Nightmares with him before departing.

That’s the same as last year, but I feel like I need to clarify for other people. If you did the Sacks stuff last year, the question you can ask him related to THAT doesn’t make him leave. It will loop around. So you can ask him about last year and also do whatever else you want, never fear!

The question we ask from you, our delicious and more experienced friend, is this: What did he answer?

The question we ask from you, our delicious and more experienced friend, is this: What did he answer?[/quote]

It is Spices, after all. His answer was cryptic enough to give me ten cryptic clues, and quite irritable. I echoed it as Polly.

He gave me 5, guess you were slightly more lucky…

For those who haven’t seen it yet:

Merry Sacksmas!

I got day 2 of Mr sacks already. Is that supposed to happen? If so, has anyone tried the “Mr Sacks, Take my good name!” option?

I got the card too! I’m waiting to see what the Good Name option does, exactly (aside from probably lowering/erasing your Notability).

It doesn’t touch your Notability at all, but you might learn a thing or two about lacre.

Do you lose a Mr Sacks visit from asking about him? I just got the second, and was confused from earlier posts, so I asked ‘Mr Sacks?’ (or whatever the option was), then lost the card. I really wanted to see what the Good Name option did.

I asked him both questions that appeared for me that relied on previous years’ visits (I’ve been around for all but the first year). Both are echoed in my journal for those who are interested.

Were we supposed to have done something specific last year to get the veteran quality? I took part last year but i don’t seem to have it

[quote=Hex]Were we supposed to have done something specific last year to get the veteran quality? I took part last year but i don’t seem to have it[/quote]If I remember correctly, the Veteran quality was from the original 2011 Sacksmas, where Mr. Wines went gallivanting around the Neath in a robe as red as certain Stockings. So no, you needn’t have done anything last year, but rather two years ago.

The &quottake my name&quot outcome is on the Echo Bazaar Wikia.

Aaah I see, thank you kindly for letting me know :D

As it is now midnight, NMT (Neath Mean Time), I wish to offer all of the forum regulars a Merry Sacksmas, and may he take nothing we can’t live without.

Thanks to Alexis and the team for a great first year in Fallen London!