Mr. Sacks

Well, my third visit 'round, Mr. Sacks was rather blunt about what he wanted - a diamond. I was a bit surprised I couldn’t offer him an Ostentatious Diamond I had recently come across, however there were options both for a normal Diamond and a Magnificent Diamond. I’ve seen neither hide nor hair of the latter; has anyone else?

He hasn’t visited me yet this Christmas…

It’s just once a year, so I splurged on the big diamond fate option and very much regretted the expenditure, gaining the same prize and no more story than I got for free from the previous Mr. Sacks card.

(I rarely use fate, so I always expect big things, and when nothing special happens, I swear off using fate for a long time – vicious circle.)

He didn’t visit me until last night, then I got three visits practically in a row.
edited by Blast_Fantastic on 12/28/2012

At least you didn’t use fate to give him a pail of snow. That was possibly the worst decision I ever made fatewise.

I believe that that was a mistake… the pail had no fate-locking when I drew the card. Maybe it might warrant contacting support?

On the third card? with the mr sacks asking for diamonds?
definitely had a 5-fate option for me. i thought it was a mistake too, but wasn’t sure

[quote=Spacemarine9]On the third card? with the mr sacks asking for diamonds?
definitely had a 5-fate option for me. i thought it was a mistake too, but wasn’t sure[/quote]
That’s the one. When I drew it a while back, the only fate option on it was the diamond.

Well, the second one, if you pay the Consonant Violin for Mister Wines you get more Lacre and Connected Masters.

I forgot to Echo the result though, sorry about that.

Oh, and you don’t lose the violin! (I was worried about that when I picked it).

I second this question: where would one find such a treasure?

I still haven’t managed to find any of the cards yet :(

As I understand it, the Fate requirement for the 3rd Mr Sacks card requires “Magnificent Diamond x 0” so I think that’s the only place you can get one, if you do indeed get one from the Fate option.

I think you get two from one of the options on the Pugilism and Politics card.

I felt really cheated by that too - 20 Fate for a Night Whisper and barely a few lines of story? A real swizz.

er i meant a different fate option- one that was actually an error (that’s been fixed now)

…and now I wish I hadn’t discarded two of those while flipping cards for Mr Sacks. Thanks for the tip though.

As I understand it, the Fate requirement for the 3rd Mr Sacks card requires “Magnificent Diamond x 0” so I think that’s the only place you can get one, if you do indeed get one from the Fate option.[/quote]
That might have made it worth spending fate, but alas, no magnificent anything for me.

Odd. Picking “Mr… Sacks?” for the second card does NOT raise the proper quality. It raises Watchful. But then you have to wait for the card AGAIN to try to move on.

[quote=streetfelineblue][quote=Catherine Raymond]

Wow. I didn’t know it was possible to raise one’s Scholar of the Correspondence quality above 10–until now. My hat is off to you, sir. If I may enquire–how did you manage it?[/quote]

It WAS possible, until they capped it at 10. Who had more at the time got to keep it ^^[/quote]

Indeed - I had raised mine to 15 back before it was capped. At the time, 15 seemed ludicrously high. Now of course I wish I’d gone to 25 or 50 or something so I really could consider myself the “foremost authority on the Correspondence in the Neath.”

There’s the third card for me. Hopefully I’ll draw the Pugilism and Politics card soon and play the right option on it. ^^

In that case, who should I… sternly chastise if the Scarred Underworld Kingpin wishes for me to sternly chastise a Principled Junior Minister to death?