Mr. Sacks

Am I misremembering or isn’t he usually out and about by now?

I did tweet him about three weeks ago and he squeaked a non-reply on the 18th. It seems that ‘snow’ is the thing this year - it’s fun to play in!

I do hope he shows up this year, it just wouldn’t be Christmas without Mr. Sacks.

Well there is a Master of the Bazaar out digging snow, apparently. I uh, don’t have enough Fate for that though. So instead i cleared out everyone else’s pathways! and now i have some “snow”
haha what one of the options on a pail of snow needs negative one pails of snow. how does that work???

edited by Spacemarine9 on 12/23/2012

Oh, I also cleaned out everyone else. I put it in my journal. If others choose the alternatives, I’d be interested to know (via PM for the fate-locked ones, obviously). Ditto for what people do with the snow when they have it.

And (to veer into Singing Mandrake territory) I am available to clean snow for others - it’s quicker than doing it yourself and we both get snow as a result. @colinsapherson is the name (not The Name) - shovelling is the mutually beneficial game.

How do you clear out snow for other people? I just had the Snowbound storylet appear and now it’s gone. Also I can’t get at my lodgings.
despite being told i’d cleared a path to them

[quote=Spacemarine9]How do you clear out snow for other people? I just had the Snowbound storylet appear and now it’s gone. Also I can’t get at my lodgings.
despite being told i’d cleared a path to them[/quote]

You do have to go to your lodgings, then it’s the snowy option, as it were. You don’t have the ‘A clear path’ story quality at 1? That’s what I got. Maybe it’s a bug, but I’d give it a bit of time to sort itself out.

I do have A Clear Path 1 but regardless I still can’t get at my lodgings.
Oh well! maybe i can get in via some other method
if worst comes to worst i can always go for a trip on the slow boat
EDIT: yep ok staring into heart’s mirror with one wound and winning a game of chess is a good, if roundabout way back to your lodgings.
merry christmas, mr eaten

I thought that too. But on second thought, I believe he first shows up either on the 23rd or Christmas Eve, and hangs around until Jan. 6. So if we don’t see Mr. Sacks by tomorrow, something’s up.

Yeah, I have an invute from someone else that doesn’t seem to be acceptable, yet, so if it doesn’t shake out in a bit I’ll email a bug report.

[quote=colinsapherson]Oh, I also cleaned out everyone else. I put it in my journal. If others choose the alternatives, I’d be interested to know (via PM for the fate-locked ones, obviously). Ditto for what people do with the snow when they have it.

And (to veer into Singing Mandrake territory) I am available to clean snow for others - it’s quicker than doing it yourself and we both get snow as a result. @colinsapherson is the name (not The Name) - shovelling is the mutually beneficial game.[/quote]

Yes, I got an invite from you to that extent. I didn’t see it before I cleared my own path, sorry!

I have an odder observation, though. After I cleared the path to my lodgings, and …did something with the so-called “snow” , the icon for my Lodgings vanished from my map of Fallen London! Now I can’t get back to my lodgings! Does anyone know what’s up with that?

I will go see about doing more shoveling, Colin Sanderson–that sounds like fun!

It seems that the “Assist a friend” option was intended to cost 5 actions instead of 1, because it was just bumped up.

Well, the turn cost for helping others has just quintupled, so there’s apparently an attack of the Scrooges at Failbetter Towers. All I wanted was to help my friends!

Catherine, what happened when you tried to accept my offer?

[quote=colinsapherson][quote=Spacemarine9]How do you clear out snow for other people? I just had the Snowbound storylet appear and now it’s gone. Also I can’t get at my lodgings.
despite being told i’d cleared a path to them[/quote]

You do have to go to your lodgings, then it’s the snowy option, as it were. You don’t have the ‘A clear path’ story quality at 1? That’s what I got. Maybe it’s a bug, but I’d give it a bit of time to sort itself out.[/quote]

Like Spacemarine9, I do have A Clear Path at 1 (having shoveled myself out, as I would in real life BTW), but I cannot reach my Lodgings as the icon is not on my map. I don’t know if that was the case before I did the snow-shoveling story because I was already at my Lodgings and did not check the map.

Oh, is that why I can’t accept mine! Well, that makes sense.
edited by an_ocelot on 12/23/2012

Well i sent out like five invites even if only about two are likely to be accepted.

holiday spirit nooo

i guess we have to convince our friends not to clear out their pathways so we can get pails of snow and do horrible things with them instead. hoo boy

Whatever bug hid my Lodgings on the map is gone now. That was curious, though.

I see what happened, though. There’s now a new Snow storylet at My Lodgings–“Out and about in the Neath-snow.” My, the elves at FBG must be busy! I’m off to tramp about in Neathy snow!

I was away on business in the Flit, chose the Snowbound fate-locked option, and received several nice rewards, including Snow / Lacre, but I don’t see the Snow in my inventory. Is it supposed to show up in the inventory, or somewhere else?