Mr. Sacks

I dipped a Soul into the snow, and gained a new quality called “Putting the Pieces together - The Taste of Lacre 1: Neath-snow - or is it ‘lacre’?”. Does anyone know what (if any) other Snow-related events increase it?

It does show up in your inventory under “Curiosities”.

Thank you, Catherine. Something’s amiss: just in case my eyes are suffering from snow-blindness, I hovered my cursor over each of the 72 items under Curiosity, and none are Neath-Snow.

After getting the reward for the fate-locked content, I waited a few minutes for my Lodgings to show up again, went to the Lodgings, and invited a friend to shovel snow with me. She hasn’t accepted yet. Going to my Lodgings or inviting her wouldn’t have used up my snow, would it?
edited by Tea Biscuit on 12/23/2012

No, it wouldn’t have. When she accepts, however, you both should get another pail of snow.

Thank you, Saharan. I’ve gone back and reread the info on the screenshot I took of the fate-locked reward: the info is a bit ambiguous. Next to an icon in the list of rewards, it says “Neath-snow - or is it ‘lacre’?”, but it doesn’t mention an amount, and the preceding text about what happened reads as if the Master paid me for the lacre, so maybe he took the snow. That would mean that the other cool stuff I got was my payment for it. If that’s the case, it makes sense that I don’t have any snow in my inventory. I’ll wait to see if any snow shows up when my friend accepts my invite.

Tea Biscuit, I believe if you reread the comments by Saharan you’ll see that the quality you got about lacre is the one that would otherwise result from interacting with the snow inventory item. So it seems you may have skipped to the next step without missing anything. I take note because I chose the same option as you, with the same result.

the best way to get Putting the Pieces Together seems to be staring really hard at it with a monocle

(I know it’s not world-appropriate, but does this thread give anyone else the Irving Berlin “Snow Snow Snow” song earworm?)

Now here’s a heart-warming Christmas tale for you all. I popped out for five minutes to help carry some sacks to the end of the street (not ‘snow’, but bits of old tree and ex-garden), and when I came back two Fallen London friends had allowed me to help clean their snow. Warms the cockles of your heart, doesn’t it?

It’s a christmas miracle! Pails for everyone!
I’ve got Putting the Pieces Together at 6 now. skipped over 4 and 5, though
EDIT: welp the semiotic monocle option doesn’t increase it above 5. maybe i wasn’t supposed to see that thing about reservoirs idk
edited by Spacemarine9 on 12/23/2012

Was there anyone brave/insane enough to try eating the stuff?

[color=#009900]Hold off on the cut and paste spoilers, please, folks. This content will be around for at least a week, and a lot of folk will come into this thread cold.[/color]

Oh er sorry about that
i did totally eat some of the lacre + it was not very good for my general wellbeing

was this intentional

[quote=colinsapherson]Well, the turn cost for helping others has just quintupled, so there’s apparently an attack of the Scrooges at Failbetter Towers. All I wanted was to help my friends!

Catherine, what happened when you tried to accept my offer?[/quote]

I did not try (though may be I should have, out of a spirit of inquiry,) because I knew I had just cleared my own path. I simply declined it. Why? Has something odd happened on your end?

I wonder how high putting the pieces together goes…granted, I don’t have any more snow to experiment with so I guess it doesn’t matter too much for me. XD
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/23/2012

I hope the stuff won’t melt out of my inventory at the end of the season. There’s something I want to do with it, but I’m not quite far enough into the game to do it.

I’m not really understanding how the social action part of this works. If I’ve already cleaned my own snow (or had someone do it for me), can someone else still clear it by the social action? I’ve sent requests to some friends but had no response, and several others say that they are not available targets for this. If it is repeatable, I would be happy to exchange snow-clearing action so please add me (I believe it should be under Jadric) or send me a PM here. Thanks.

I think if you have A Clear Path 1 then you can’t have your lodgings dug out.

That is correct.

Ah, so we really need to catch people who haven’t yet logged in today? I don’t know anyone else who plays. Serves me right for not recruiting more folks, I guess!