Most bizarre/pointless activity you've engaged in?

(And at the next Feast, I plan to raise it to 77 all over again)
edited by Passionario on 8/31/2016

Quite an achievement! Closest i came to you is 50 during my quest for mysteries for a room at Beth[/quote]
I hit 60 when grinding casing for connections.

Thanks to my OCD, I feel compelled to only buy items at the Bazaar and its sidestreets, when there is no other way. For everything else, I resort to grinding or trust to the RNG. When my ambition asked for a patent scrutinizer, I began collecting mourning candles one trip to the tomb-colonies at a time, before I had enough to upconvert. All the advanced objects, I had to pick them up here and there. I have to say, it has worked fine so far.

Apart from those d___ned Books of Hidden Bodies, that is.

[quote=Passionario]

edited by Passionario on 8/31/2016[/quote]

…how?!?

ps: Wow that must have hurt! But, on the other hand, seeking can halve your watchful, so it wasn’t so bad in the grand scheme of things.

ps2: Did anybody say you’re awesome for doing this? Because you’re awesome for doing this.

I think making a classic short story would qualify. It’s worth far less than what you spend on making it, and unless you spend WAY THE HECK more than it’s actually worth, you’re gambling.

So I’m working on getting potential to 300 or so for a guaranteed success.

:o !
Not even for the -1 Nightmares? I think it’s pretty great, actually. :-)

My alt, Delmar Tramontane, has made 7 Classic Stories, and my other alt, Madison Lavery, is working up to 10,000 Empire’s Kingmaker.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 9/1/2016

Wow!

Does your Alt have any tips on this most difficult of Creations?

(I need one. Overgoats are too expensive for me to get one by the time I’m looking for my candle.)

Do you have a stockpile of Trade Secrets? Delmar’s plan was simply to throw Touching Love Stories, Favours in High Places, and a Blackmail Material at each attempt, using only 2 Trade Secrets per attempt. He had 42 of them, and was left with 16 after writing his final Classic Story.

I expect to have two Trade Secrets, plus a pile of Case Notes, after I’ve ground out the other things.

So it’ll be a gamble. Wot larks!

[quote=Matthew Enigma][quote=Passionario]

edited by Passionario on 8/31/2016[/quote]

…how?!?

ps: Wow that must have hurt! But, on the other hand, seeking can halve your watchful, so it wasn’t so bad in the grand scheme of things.

ps2: Did anybody say you’re awesome for doing this? Because you’re awesome for doing this.[/quote]

It’s not as painful as you might expect. Iirc it didn’t involve any stat-loss at all, just a lot of Fate. Legendary Charismas can have a brief romantic interlude with Lilac during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose, which gives one level of Irrigo, so paying to reset the conversation over and over can result in the above. If my math is right it would take 200 Fate, down to 170 if first visiting the Nadir and leaving with Irrigo at least 9.

Well, I play this game called Fallen London…

– Mal

I stick to sensible endeavours.

My goodness, I need to get back to playing. My zee voyage is already longer than an actual Victorian would take to cross the Atlantic.

I’m currently building up my casing to have 100% in robbing the Brass Embassy. Then selling the souls back to Hell’s Fence in bulk. Rinse, repeat. Not because it’s the most efficient use of my time, but because I find it amusing to be more underhanded and evil than the Devils themselves. (Plus I needed to grind some Shadowy.)[li]
edited by Dandy Rumplestuff on 9/1/2016

I spent around a week camped in Watchmaker’s Hill trying to become An Annoyance to Jack. Upon further reflection, maybe attracting the attention of an immortal, body-hopping, knife-wielding serial killer is not actually a good idea, even aside from the time investment. On the other hand… actually that hand was lost in the conflict.

I’ve been working on gathering all the lodgings and eventually all the various pets you can find. I’ve also been grinding to get a fluke’s core.
Most pointless was wasting a horse head amulet on trying to deliberatly visit the boatmen for a chat.
Also attempting to murder Fedducci multiple times. The failed visit to the boatman was not part of that last bit.

collated 77 tomes of each type of research. Realizing that I could theoretically get the money for an overgoat exclusively from selling pages or from selling the resulting collated volumes.

Well, I’m a Seeker. ;)

But more specifically, I recently sped through fourteen levels of Seeking in only a few days, using no small amount of Fate on action refreshes, in order to pay yet more Fate to replace my perfectly good Destiny with Torment at the Festival. All because I got a hair to have my Destiny match my destiny, the Festival was nearly over and I didn’t want to wait for Sacksmas.

The candle was a nice perk, though.

Just broke 950 for Connected: The Duchess.

Nice! I’m only at around 500 Duchess myself because I keep doing heists, and using up that Connected quality keeps the cats from turning me in. :-)

I suppose my most ridiculous activity has been getting my Connected: the Church over 1600.