May/June Roadmap

From a gameplay perspective, the real money auction house in Diablo 3. From a business perspective, pervasive sexual harassment, and union busting.

To your point, there weren’t any gacha or micro transactions in StarCraft, nor in Diablo up through 2. Those elements certainly have been in the Diablo games after 2.

4 Likes

Wait, ALL of those are things the Masters do, and who is responsible for them?
Right, FBG.

I must reconsider my position on the matter.

7 Likes

Hey hey hey the Masters don’t practice discrimination! It’s one of the very few bad things they don’t do, but let’s not pretend the Masters aren’t the foremost proponents of equal rights in the British Empire.

5 Likes

Well, equal rights for all of them, and separate, lesser, equal rights for all the humans.

4 Likes

I think they just have trouble telling humans apart.

6 Likes

Come now. Failbetter’s games tell stories, and stories need villains. Enter, the Masters.

4 Likes

I think @billycosmos was joking :p

I always assume worse. It is a sensible course of actions after those meanness FBG did with Noman.
Considering murdering of Khagan (via Crackling device) and Piracy (via Fabulous diamods) grinds, I was right.

What do you even find wrong with idea “waiting weeks or months”?

Fallen London is a long game. You can not compleate it in a week… or month… or even a year. Thus, it demands a long-time strategies, and when theese strategies are suddenly murdered, it is the very pinnacle of definition “nasty” and “dishonest”.

2 Likes

One day, you will have to explain what exactly you’re talking about when you complain about supposed changes to the Noman.

5 Likes

The melting schedule got way more severe, making it MUCH harder to get the poor thing to Witsun.

2 Likes

No? It only made it impossible to last past Whitsun. And even then, there’s no mechanical reward from it lasting until Whitsun, so it’s not a mechanical/reward nerf.

4 Likes

No. This is strictly untrue. It changed the formula to be approximately exponential, so it actually takes about ¼ more tears now to make the noman survive.

… people don’t do the noman for stat boosts, and it was still a nerf that made the vanity grind harder :p

It didn’t affect you and that’s great but it’s a little silly to pretend it wasn’t a nerf when FBG called it one even haha

1 Like

@DarkSquirrel is actually correct, Noman melt rates do not increase significantly until after Whitsun

you can look at the data we have for last years melt rates, along with comparisons to previous years yourself since it was all recorded right here in the forum: Noman Melt Rate Tracking (2024) - #122 by elderfleur

Nomans were designed to be difficult to keep alive, such that even getting a Noman tattoo in February was once considered a notable achievement. So making it harder to make it to Whitsun correct for how much easier tears grinding has become over the years seems incredibly reasonable to me, but even so they didn’t actually do that

5 Likes