Marigold

And we’re live! It’s now possible to build Marigold and conclude the Railway storyline.

[quote=StuartFBG]Marigold Station sits in the very shadow of Hell. The white walls of that city loom on the horizon, like stormclouds before the first crash of thunder.

It is now possible to lay tracks towards Marigold Station – the final station connecting the Great Hellbound Railway with the Moloch St. Line, and concluding the storyline of the Railway and the Tracklayers’ Union. The station itself will become buildable from the 10th June.

Chart the lands under Hell’s shadow, embroil yourself in infernal intrigues, and perhaps even encounter some of the vanquished Princes of antique Hell. Explore the Lilymire, Saint Trezigor’s Folly and the Edict of Towers as you hunt for the lost Marigolds. Assist a Dauntless Knight in an impossible quest. Can Hell ordain redemption, and if so, at what price?[/quote]

Well I’m down about fifteen hundred echoes already. But we’re getting the band back together!

Oh, God, not the “Comeback Tour”?

Update: The band includes some familiar faces!

Also, for those who want some advice on preparation, I’m putting a shopping list in spoilers. Aside from the price tag, these are not easy items to obtain.

This is for the Mandolinist, under the Amphitheater. There is a one-time cost of about 1.5k echoes, but also a one-time reward of a Location of a Prince of Hell, so you more or less break even.

The stuff to get includes the following, from memory:

• 5 Captivating Ballads. To farm these, get water from the Wellspring in Moulin, use them for Parabolan shadowy-hunts, and then do a Heist. [/li][li]1 Oneiromantic Revelation, from Parabolan Warfare.[/li][li]1 Waswood Almanac, also Parabolan Warfare.[/li][li]I think 3 searing enigmas, 3 verses of counter-creed, and 3 favours in high places.[/li][li]10 Moonlit, from the woods in Balmoral.

Choices for who to include in the band include Drummer (obviously!), but also the Chandler from For All The Saints, and the Dowager from the Brass Grail. While it’s obvious for the Drummer and the Mandolist, it’s unclear which instrument the others play.

I’ve missed of most of paid stories because I was low on money. And even if I cough up the costs in the future all tie-ins will be already missed. Pity.

[quote=PSGarak]Update: The band includes some familiar faces!

Also, for those who want some advice on preparation, I’m putting a shopping list in spoilers. Aside from the price tag, these are not easy items to obtain.

[spoiler]
This is for the Mandolinist, under the Amphitheater. There is a one-time cost of about 1.5k echoes, but also a one-time reward of a Location of a Prince of Hell, so you more or less break even.

The stuff to get includes the following, from memory:

• 5 Captivating Ballads. To farm these, get water from the Wellspring in Moulin, use them for Parabolan shadowy-hunts, and then do a Heist. [/li][li]1 Oneiromantic Revelation, from Parabolan Warfare.[/li][li]1 Waswood Almanac, also Parabolan Warfare.[/li][li]I think 3 searing enigmas, 3 verses of counter-creed, and 3 favours in high places.[/li][li]10 Moonlit, from the woods in Balmoral.

Choices for who to include in the band include Drummer (obviously!), but also the Chandler from For All The Saints, and the Dowager from the Brass Grail. While it’s obvious for the Drummer and the Mandolist, it’s unclear which instrument the others play.

[/spoiler][/quote]

Hooray, my rampant spending on ESes and paranoia about hoarding newly released resources has paid off BIG TIME seeing as I was only short one Captivating Ballad!

Also does anyone know where you’re supposed to meet the Knight in London? The Chandler’s the only devil prince I haven’t got free yet seeing how I haven’t found her.

[quote=Hattington]Also does anyone know where you’re supposed to meet the Knight in London? The Chandler’s the only devil prince I haven’t got free yet seeing how I haven’t found her.[/quote]I think you need to wait for a week before you can meet her.

Noted, thanks-and at a second glance it seems I CAN recruit him before then anyway because I did The March of the Saints.

…shoot, is it only the one in the story? I have several Mountain-Sherds but can find no option to study them in the lab, and kinda blew through the story already.

…shoot, is it only the one in the story? I have several Mountain-Sherds but can find no option to study them in the lab, and kinda blew through the story already.[/quote]

You can substitite the sherd (without spending it) instead of warbler and diamonds when studying the implantation. Could. Everyone has already finished the experiment when the option was added.

Not me! I waited to see if they’d update it!

I appear to have run into the most frustrating wall with the &quotUnder the Statue at Marigold Station&quot card. Choices I made months ago in Ealing Garden lock it off. I was certain I had every statue for the &quotShare a honey-dream&quot option. But when digging through achievements, I realized I never built one in Ealing Gardens and I CAN’T ever build one because there’s no more space. So now I never can unlock this option, which is really frustrating.

That doesn’t seem to make sense. You can always build one statue in each station. How is it possible to lock yourself out?

If you’re somehow in a state where you can’t build any statue at ealing, contact support, because that seems like a bug.

Or do you mean that you can’t build a statue of yourself, but you have a different one?
edited by Amalgamate on 7/22/2021

IIRC Ealing Gardens supports a limited number of commercial development slots > the number of things to build. And I did not build a statue.

It has limited choices for each development slot. You can always build a statue. Like you can only choose one kind of building to put in the train station. But the ‘statue’ is a different slot.

Statues use &quotEaling Commemorative Development&quot, rather than Commercial development. The Commemorative Development just tracks what kind of statue you put up, while the Commercial Development tracks how advanced the butcher is. The two aren’t mutually exclusive (though you can only have one statue, and only one station space use).

Maybe you just lack specific members on the board?

Yeah, at ealing, all of the statues have requirements. One requires poet-laureate, and the other five all require specific boardmembers. If you’re not a poet-laureate, you need either Feducci, Sinning Jenny, the Jovial Contrarian, the Tentacled Entrepreneur, or Virginia on your board.

If you have one of those on your board, enough scrip, no statue at ealing, and you still can’t build one, email support@failbettergames.com because that sounds like a bug.

If you’re not the Poet-Laureate, you need to have one of the following board members:

Jenny
Feducci
The Jovial Contrarian
Virginia
The Tentacled Entrepreneur

The statues are all different, of course, but any one of them will open the option that you want. You can’t lock yourself out of this by building other things.

It’s worth mentioning that you go to the Offices of the Tracklayer’s Union to build the statue.