Marigold

[quote=PSGarak]There’s also a second option that involves fixing her face, which does not found Corneliopolis. And I feel very clever because it confirms my earlier supposition upthread: Furnace’s condition is still linked to Cornelius, and changing it requires his participation.[/quote]Ah, so I misinterpreted the choice. I thought restoring Furnace’s face simply meant restoring her middle emancipationist face, reversing the events of Hillchanger Tower. What it actually seems to mean is making it so she has a single face again, which makes a lot of sense if restored Furnace is called Furnace, Unopposed. Just give me the bells already, I’ll be the fool next Hallowmas.

Jumping in to say that I love the content, but that I have 10 Shards from the Mountain of Light and am wondering why I have to &quotapproximate&quot them with diamonds in my lab experiment?

Take my shard, Warbler.
edited by Toran on 6/5/2021

[quote=Toran]Jumping in to say that I love the content, but that I have 10 Shards from the Mountain of Light and am wondering why I have to &quotapproximate&quot them with diamonds in my lab experiment?

Take my shard, Warbler.
edited by Toran on 6/5/2021[/quote]

It is a bit of a weird choice. I get that there are no reliable Mountain-Sherd sources, but if it were up to me the experiment should have had two ways to start it: either with a Mountain-Sherd or something like 80 echoes worth of diamonds.

Actually, this is my complaint too: even if it’s hard to implement a source of sherds, at least adding the option for when you already have some (at the start or in the middle of research) isn’t harder than kitten-sized diamond.

Also, I’m annoyed that you have to switch the leader of the TLU if you simply want to talk with one of them. Why can’t I just meet them somewhere private to chat?

And minor complaint: why can’t I bribe tracklayers to remove displeasure in London? Why do I have to ride to Upper River?
edited by Aro Saren on 6/5/2021

You can if the Lackey is head of the union - just not one of the other three. Presumably because the Lackey can be bought, while the others are true believers of various stripes, so you can’t buy off workers so close to their centres of power.

We could still get option to spend something - surveys for Cornelius and prehistoricists, bombs for January and Liberation, money for medical supplies for Furnace, I don’t know. Mechanically bribes, but narratively a sign that you care.

Incidentally, I’m intrigued by the note on building the final tracks - that our relationship with the different factions in the Tracklayers will shape the nature of the new city. I’ve largely supported the Emancipationists, and I used the remaining tracklaying actions to leave the other two factions equal in second place.

Got high prehistoricists and emancipationists, and 2 points for liberationists. Now I wish I could take them back.

What would you prefer?

I mean, I wish I could take these few points from liberationists to set them to 0.

I have no idea how I managed this, I certainly didn’t aim for it to happen, but I have Supporting the Emancipationist Tracklayers 17, Supporting the Liberationist Tracklayers 1, and Supporting the Prehistoricist Tracklayers 17. So there’s a balance there, though I’d rather have had supported the Emancipationists much more and the Liberationists not even that single 1.
edited by Baron Lagavulin on 6/5/2021

I know what you guys mean. I have two points from accidentally hitting the wrong option while laying track and I can’t forgive myself.

[quote=Baron Lagavulin]I have no idea how I managed this, I certainly didn’t aim for it to happen, but I have Supporting the Emancipationist Tracklayers 17, Supporting the Liberationist Tracklayers 1, and Supporting the Prehistoricist Tracklayers 17. So there’s a balance there, though I’d rather have had supported the Emancipationists much more and the Liberationists not even that single 1.
edited by Baron Lagavulin on 6/5/2021[/quote]

I have exactly the same score, funnily enough. I can’t really grudge the Liberationists that one point, though, because I did it deliberately to get the free Mutersalt.

I’ve got them tied at 12-12-11 right now. Need some way to find one more point of Prehistoricist support…
edited by Amalgamate on 6/6/2021

Ealing Gardens now has some conversation options where you can ask opinions from the other TLU leaders, as well as a handful of other notables. And a Fate option to re-situate your city.

Very nice. I just moved my future Manager-City to Burrow-Infra-Mump.

I wonder, why there’s no obvious option to double Furnace, then citify one and heal another.
This way every side is satisfied (not counting Manager).

Maybe it’s not too late to patch in?

Because the doubling is applied to the person reading the Discordance, and Furnace can’t read Discordance.

I think we could provide her with a crash-course for a single law, for such an occasion.

Awww, FailBetter’s the best. There’s an option to study your existing Mountain-Shard now.