Making your Name: Shadowy is being implemented

That toast option seems to come very early in the Tracker … are new players going to know anything about the Widow or Topsy King? The options for the Widow in Spite seem to need A Name Whispered in Darkness 3 and the Topsy King is in the Flit … both after this stage. They might have come across the Cheery Man if they have been to Watchmakers Hill or met the Last Constable.

I’m really happy for Myrto to play through the cats/bats/Wars of Illusion again, since I can’t quite remember what that was about.

The toasts were also pretty fun. Edith chose the Widow, because she (Edith) has a certain fondness for the mysterious women of the Neath. Jack chose the Cheery Man, because of his close ties to London’s criminal underworld. The hardest one was Myrto, the heartless mercenary. I ended up going with the Topsy King, because Tristan is just so lovably weird. Maybe Myrto has a soft spot for eccentrics.

I was only at the Heists level, and Shadowy is my lowest quality, so I picked the bottom option to raise my stats a bit and remember what I was doing four months ago. It has its rewards; that reference by the “journalists” to Mr Pages had sailed right over my head the first time round.

The toast did trouble me somewhat, but eventually I chose the Topsy King, because I like him and it was the option most compatible with the direction I want to take my character (steadfast, melancholy, subtle and perhaps increasingly austere, though I’ve been going back and forth on that one). The Cheery Man was off the table anyway, considering that I’ve sided with the Last Constable.

I doubt they would have, but from what I’ve heard, that’s not a problem, if the developers give clear summaries on how the little criminals see each of them. It sounds like it’s minor, small-time criminals toasting to the greats. if there’s a sufficient summary of what each does, or is known for, that’d be good enough
edited by Grenem on 11/11/2015

Interesting, but potentially a bug?

Choosing the 6th tier grants Master Thief at 5. But you can cancel out of the next set of choices [by performing any item conversion, etc] and return to choosing a tier. Keeping your Master Thief at 5.

edited by Shalinoth on 11/12/2015