MAKING YOUR NAME: DANGEROUS IS NOW LIVE!

Oh. Well, that’s messed things up a bit.
I used a Dangerous Mood and a day pass to the Labyrinth of Tigers to get my invitation from Mr. Inch and complete the First Coil (For the rats to open the route permenantly), then came back to Wolfstack to complete the Black RIbbon duels. I chose the furthest-along option because I was afraid of having to re-do the first coil, but Seeing as how Feducci, Chi-Lan, and Mr. Inch have all disappeared from the list, I think the game is assuming I’ve killed them all already.

Damn.

[color=#ff9900]No - as you advance your Fearsome Duellist quality by winning duels, those opponents will become available.[/color]

[color=#ff9900]Purely because we don’t want to hit brand new players to Fallen London with a patch storylet as soon as they escape New Newgate. But don’t worry! If you choose the earliest entry point you can still accept a contract for a Worryingly Large Rat at the Department of Menace Eradication.[/color]

[color=#ff9900]All shall be well and all manner of thing, etc. The Acquiring Exhibits quality leads towards teh Labyrinth and doesn’t assume you’ve already been there.[/color]

[color=#ff9900]Send us a message at support@failbettergames.com and we’ll see what we can do.[/color]

[color=#ff9900]G’night, all![/color]

[li]I no longer have the options to investigate the sorrow-spiders in Wolfstack. What are the new requirements to unlock those?

Well this has been a truly drastic amount of Dangerous cp. Is there any way to do the same with the other stories (Watchful and Persuasive)? It would save me an enormous amount of grinding, and I certainly wouldn’t mind replaying either of those stories if there was some way to reset them.

The best part of this has been going back and redoing the rattus fight.

I’m making progress in the Labyrinth, but here’s the thing; I haven’t done much of anything before that, besides killing a Worryingly Large Rat. I unlocked the way to the Labyrinth waaay before I could do anything there, and I used a Mood and clothes to get the letter from Mr. Inch. My question is this: if I go back to the Worryingly Large Rat, will I lose the route to the Labyrinth? I don’t care about the progress (only at 3 anyways), just the route. It took a while to grind for those rats… :(

You might lose the route besides to just outside the gates, but you won’t lose the ability to go there. it might just be completely useless inside- i say might, because i’ve been there, but haven’t investigated much. (you get bumped back to the first floor, and can’t go deeper, but you do know the way. does that answer your question?)
edited by Grenem on 9/22/2015

You might lose the route besides to just outside the gates, but you won’t lose the ability to go there. it might just be completely useless inside- i say might, because i’ve been there, but haven’t investigated much. (you get bumped back to the first floor, and can’t go deeper, but you do know the way. does that answer your question?)
edited by Grenem on 9/22/2015[/quote]
Yup! Thanks! :D

Cheeky question: Will repeating the great Wolfstack Docks battle potentially give us more Connected: The Masters?

I’m always eager to raise that stat.
edited by Shalinoth on 9/22/2015

[quote=Shalinoth]Cheeky question: Will repeating the great Wolfstack Docks battle potentially give us more Connected: The Masters?

I’m always eager to raise that stat.
edited by Shalinoth on 9/22/2015[/quote]
That’s not part of the tracker (at least, I don’t think it is. I’m working my way through the duels now, which I remember being after the docks battle.)

On an unrelated note, I’m quite disappointed that &quotBishop of Southwark wrestling&quot is not a valid fighting style. I hope it’s unlockable somehow. Perhaps as part of diocesan intrigue, or as a reward for breeding a Hound of Heaven?

I really like how this content spices up Dangerous, especially with the ring fighting. I can’t wait to see what challenges my alt will face next. Really anticipating Shadowy. ;3

More accurately, really hope I haven’t phased out of Shadowy! It’ll be funny if my “off” characteristics end up being my highest stats :) but I’ve liked going back and facing the Rat story lines again!

You need A Name Scrawled in Blood 4, which comes after winning duels in the Painted Ring (and the Ring of Meat and Ring of Roses, if need be) but before duels with the Black Ribbon.

Definitely this. My disgraced bandit chieftain has been returned to me. In somewhat more disturbing news I have the baptised remains I had been seeking to complete my Ratness collection(disallowing any items left on my doorstep by Trojan rats).

You need A Name Scrawled in Blood 4, which comes after winning duels in the Painted Ring (and the Ring of Meat and Ring of Roses, if need be) but before duels with the Black Ribbon.[/quote]

[li]Thanks. But darn. I wasn’t really interested in the fighting ring.

I forgot how much of a grind the black ribbon could be…

Is there any particular order or characters your need to fight in the ring to progress the story? Or is it just a matter of raising you stat by completing any of them?

My alt is catching beasts for the Labyrinth. When the Dangerous change rolled, he had just built up his The Hunt is On! to 16, in anticipation of catching a spider-council. But now the spider-council seems to have disappeared. In fact, the only catchable beast I can find is the fungus-column in Watchmaker’s Hill. When I talk to Mr Inch, he still says that the spider-council should be in Wolfstack Docks. Is this a bug, or is there something I’m missing?

Huh. Well, there goes my pile of Gold from duel prep grinding!

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve been grinding my Hunt is On quality, and now all the monsters are gone, other than the fungus column, which I’ve already fought. Will they come back, or do I have to do something else to unlock them again?

If it is the same as Duelling - (you need your Black ribbon quality to 3 to see the top level opponents) you will probably need to build up your Gentle Hunter level until you can see the Spider Council.

Edit - typo
edited by reveurciel on 9/23/2015