Making Plans

[color=#0066ff]Plans, schemes, machinations: keeping track of your many intrigues can be a challenge when there’s so much in the Neath to catch your eye. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]So, we’re delighted to bring you Plans:
[/color][ul][li][color=#0066ff]Plans allow you to bookmark Fallen London branches to remind you to play them at a later date.[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]You bookmark a Plan using the icon at the top right of each branch in the storylet page, after which they appear in the new Plans tab.[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Playing the branch causes the Plan to move from ‘active’ to ‘complete’.[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]If you wish to restart or cancel a Plan, this can also be done within the plans tab.[/color][/li][/ul]
[color=#0066ff]If you would like to sign up to test Plans, we’re looking for 15-20 people to try it out and share their thoughts in this thread.[/color]

[color=#0066ff]Post your username and character name below if you would like to access this feature before everyone else, and help us shape it![/color]

[color=#0066ff]Note: If you are testing Plans and it has caused something to break, please report those in the usual fashion: by emailing support at failbettergames dot com, and letting us know that you were testing at the time. Please keep this thread to discussion of:[/color]

• [color=#0066ff]Appearance: Does it look the way you’d imagine?[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Sense: Does it work the way you’d expect?[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Usefulness: How are you using it?[/color]

[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]Edit: We now have enough testers for this function, thanks everyone! There will be more opportunities to check out upcoming changes soon.[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 3/31/2015

Yeah, sure. Sign me up!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Aculous~Crowe

yes please!

username: zoelogical
character name: Marianne Anders

I’m willing - Ewan C./Ewan C - but suspect that players like me who are at the content boundary may not find this as useful, perhaps?

I’ll test anything, even if it explodes. Especially if it explodes. Character name and SN username are both Spacemarine9, as you’ve probably guessed.

Happy to help!

A B Nile for both.

Sure. I’d love to test it! Username is Blackleaf, character name should also be that.
edited by Blackleaf on 3/30/2015

I’d like to help. User and character names are Yoten.

Hi my username is sleepyorigami (nitebrite in fallen london) and I like to test things and have opinions. Sign me up if you like.
edited by NiteBrite on 3/31/2015

That sounds pretty useful! Both of my names are Roshirai. :)

I’d be happy to help!

I’d be happy to!

IGN: Loiathal

Will this plan have a repeat function (i.e. remind me every tuesday to play chess)? If I bookmark a social action, can I specify which contact? This sounds handy for managing patron lessons.

Username: CremePudding
Character Name: Estelle Knoht

Hi guys, you all should now be able to see the Plans tab.

Maybe I’m just missing it, but is there a way to see all the storylets I’ve marked, but have not completed?

New stuff for Fallen London? Hurray!

But yes, sign me up - this program sounds interesting.

Edit: Oh yes, Owen Wulf is my main and preferred character for this test, as well as being my username.

edited by Owen Wulf on 3/31/2015

Do a hard refresh and a new tab will show up next to the Nex tab.

Thanks for adding me. Looks useful. Couple of thoughts. Is it possible to make a button on the plan to click on that will take you you to the storylet option? e.g. Take Me There! or Scheme On!

And can you make able to mark the very beginning of the story in an area so i remember to visit that area to start it when i have the requirements! I find myself having to cycle through zones otherwise to see what i have forget to start or need to work towards. Would be very helpful![li]
edited by Pogs on 3/30/2015[/li][li]
edited by Pogs on 3/30/2015

A few things: it’d be very useful if it shows the location and requirement of the storylet instead of a take me there button, given that it might be confusing if I marked a storylet in Hunter’s Keep and try to teleport from London.

Showing the same teaser from the regular storylet screen might make it easier to know what’s happening.

Sorting the plans by location will be really handy, it seems, if you make a lot of plans.

edited by Estelle Knoht on 3/30/2015

A quick question: I am not in London now, so I can’t check it myself, but can someone go to the Sidestreet and see how messy it gets if one plans for the Collection of Curiosities? Take a photo, I think it might be magnificent ;).